300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty Gear

Where do you put your duty gear when you get home and take it all off? (If you don't leave it at the station)

I don't really have a designated area so my crap is always lying all over the bedroom. It would definitely be nice if I had a special area just for the gear.
    yeah!

In the top of a locked closet. Gotta watch the kiddos......

I wish I had an old locker to put in the garage for stuff like this. I've been watching some local sales sites. It'll happen eventually.

Comment

i usually put in the top of the closet my room mate has a 3 yr old

Comment

Since I'm kinda in between places right now and am staying in a 'studio' style pool house (hey, can't beat free rent and utilities), I put my belt on the chair on the far side of the bed, vest goes flat on the foot of the bed, and weapon is either with me or in a lock box.
        Originally posted by Ceridwen
        Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

I have thought about buying a coat rack many times for this! I hang my vest, shirt, and pants in the closet and have a corner for all my gear and rechargables. Best way until I FINALLY get around to buying a coat rack lol

Comment

Originally posted by Prov1x View Post
            Where do you put your duty gear when you get home and take it all off? (If you don't leave it at the station)
            The 3rd bedroom in my house is my office/man cave, and I put my gear in the closet in there. The belt gets snapped together over the bar, and the shirt/pants/vest get hung on hangers next to it. I have locks on both the closet door and my office door, as well as a gun safe in that closet.

The sidearm goes with me to bed, and the radio goes on its charger that sits on my desk.
            The academy teaches you skills, the street gives you experience, but it all comes down to your instinct.

Comment

Once dry/defestered it goes in my 24 gun safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Prov1x View Post

I don't really have a designated area so my crap is always lying all over the bedroom. It would definitely be nice if I had a special area just for the gear.

mine sits on the island in my kitchen along w/my keys, pens, and most anything else I use for work pretty much
                Chris

XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

Comment

I have a lockable closet in which to store such things.

Our agency also installed lock boxes in our trucks in case we have to stay somewhere else.
                  The opinions expressed here are from the individual only and do not represent the view of any agency that the poster may be affiliated with

Comment

On a desk in my man cave. Vest goes flat on the floor underneath the desk.

Comment

In my closet. I hang my vest, and I also hang my duty belt. Inner belt, and pocket stuff go on a shelf. Hang the shirt as I will wear them a couple three days depending on how they look after the first shift or two. Gun and taser go in a lock box I keep in the closet. Backup gun goes on the top shelf out of reach of everyone but me. I need to invest in a larger lock box since my gun safe is in the garage, which is not a place for the taser (humidity).

Comment

throw the vest over a coat hangar, hook the belt on a hook in the closet

Comment

On my work days, I store all my gear in the kitchen on the table and on the off days everything goes in my spare bedroom in a locked closet.

Comment

All of mine goes in the closet. I take all of my stuff off of my duty belt, place it in plastic lockable containers and loop the belt around the lower rack of my closet. My armor gets sprayed w/ Lysol, (lighty), and hung on a heavy plastc hanger. Uniforms are hung up on hangers. I have been doing it this way for years and found that this system works best fo me, since the closet can be locked. (Great for X-mas gif hiding )

Sounds like a lot, but in the time it took to type this, I could have done it.

Comment

No wife, no kids, and adult roomies. Belt goes under the desk (minus the gun) near the bed and the vest goes in the closet.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3882 users online. 172 members and 3710 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X