Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boy do i need to vent,....(this will be a long one)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy do i need to vent,....(this will be a long one)

Okay.. so... i work in a small town...

I previously stopped a motorcycle for having Blue Neon Lights and issued a warning..

he called in and complained.. that i stopped him because i just wanted to look at his bike.. and he spoke with the local sheriffs office and the LT said" the lights are legal if there not flashing.." i took it as what ever. i feel im right,, and moved on with life..

i stopped the same guy last week this is a few months after the 1st stop,...

it was dark.. he had expired registration. i had no idea who it was when i made the stop....

i walked up to the car.. and told him why i stopped him.. he mentioned he was the guy i stopped before.. then i remembered who he was...

so he is being rude.. and stated that he just got the car out of the shop and hadnt had time to get the tags updated...

well.. he is rude.. he was a jerk before.. i dont want to hear the excuses..
    you are getting the ticket...

honestly.. would any of you givin him a warning??
    btw it was 36 days expired..

so a few days later the chief says i need to stop and talk to a women on the police committee it was her relative i stopped. and that she was going to have to pay the ticket for him anyway... i asked why.. he said just to talk.. i said are you asking me to get rid of this ticket? well i have never done it in my 30 year career..

i spoke to the captain a he said he would have written the ticket as well..

anyway.. i stopped by a few times and she was never there...

so court was tonight
    he showed up he pled no contest....

so the chief calls me ****ed off...
    and says why didnt you stop and talk to her... i said.. i drove by more than a few times evberyday.. and i have never seen her there..

it was a order i told you to go you needed to go..
    i said.. well.. if she really wanted to talk to me she could have called me or something..
    he got all ****ed again blah blah blah...

so i drive by again.. and she is there.. i get out and talk to her...

here are some things she said...

You should have given my son in law a warning for exp. Registration 36 days expired.
    “I could make your life hell but now im gonna quite the police committee”
    I should be getting all the others driving up and down 73(the road i stopped him on).
    I asked john(the chief) for help I didn’t want to talk to you
    I asked the mayor for help.
    I don’t have anything to say to you.
    I think that you’re overzealous.
    What about a warning couldn’t you have written him a warning.

In prior police committee meetings I recall her saying
    If I was speeding I would expect you to stop and write me a ticket. It doesn’t matter if the person lives in the village or not.

WHAT THE HELL!!!!

Im absolutely furious with the way my chief is acting...

am i the one being a jerk here.. or what...

just found out another thing... .

Last week the captain called her to make sure she was home so that he could personally bring by over there (chiefs orders)

and she stated she DID NOT WANT TO SPEAK WITH ME. that she wanted chief to handle it..

THE JOY OF WORKING IN A SMALL TOWN..

good lord i cant wait to get out of here...

Comment

Sounds like politics to me......everywhere has some issues.....not just small towns......
      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Is it going to change how you work? If not evil chuckle at it and tag him for DUI next week.
        Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
        I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
        Originally posted by weinerdog2000
        as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

You're just doing your job, I wouldn't let it get to you.
          CHICKS DIG IT!!!

Comment

Next time use your radio log. "XXX, Dispatch, note in my radio log I checked 123 Acme St."

Comment

I feel for you. Chins up, tits out...keep doing your job.
              sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

They are waaay out of line for calling you about that issue. How small is this town? I can't even imagine what kind of backlash there would be if you started popping people for DWI around there.

Comment

I would of written him any day of the week.

This is the B.S. politics I HATE.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                    I would of written him any day of the week.

This is the B.S. politics I HATE.
                    Yep! And ditto to Smurfette's comment, too. Everyone involved sounds like a real winner. Pffft.... YOU, as far as I can tell, are just doing your job. Keep right on doing your job. Thanks for being out there. Don't sweat the small stuff; It's ALL small stuff.
                    Sure, that badge will get you midgets, but those midgets will get that badge!

The more I learn about people, the more I prefer the company of my dogs.

Comment

I used to work in a small town as well and the politics were terrible. He said this, YOU said that. I started wearing a tape recorder on my gun belt and with each contact would record it. I would keep the tapes for a few weeks and more than once they paid off. After the third or fourth "what really happened" my issues stopped with supervision. Just my thoughts.
                      "I do not fear the man who yells, I fear the man who doesn't"

Comment

your brass are obviously pieces of cr*p and you need to find a new agency
                        Should have been a hose dragger

Comment

Small town politics. You gotta expect it in a town as small as yours. You can stop all of the people passing through that you want, but the locals want to be immune from traffic enforcement.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
                            Small town politics. You gotta expect it in a town as small as yours. You can stop all of the people passing through that you want, but the locals want to be immune from traffic enforcement.

Exactly! I've heard this hundreds of times. My response, "your court date is on the citation."

Comment

Originally posted by im faster View Post
                              Okay.. so... i work in a small town...

..................honestly.. would any of you givin him a warning??
                              btw it was 36 days expired..
                              With us only having to worry about state legislation and not having to enforce council by-laws, it is a very good chance that we would end up having a new ar5ehole torn or the existing one distended by the shift supervisors boot if we took no action. The drivers' attitude to me determines my attitude to them. In other words, if the driver 'plays the game' and has no previous for this offence, there is a good chance the driver will receive a ticket. On the flip side they could receive a complimentary entry ticket (Notice To Appear) to the Magistrates' Court for the offence.

As an extra, when renewing car registration over here, the compulsory insurance is paid at the same time. However, when the registration expires at midnight on the end date, insurance runs out 28 days later.

I don't think theres anything wrong with your course of action. If I was in your shoes, I would do the same thing and the driver would also be getting a ticket for uninsured. If the driver failed the attitude and previous history test, I would give them a complimentary entry ticket to the Magistrates' Court. Alternatively if the driver wasn't aware of the expired registration (easy to disprove as over here it is also the drivers' responsibility to check the registration), the owner can be issued tickets instead.
                              If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence of your attempt.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6646 users online. 348 members and 6298 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X