300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever stop a politician?

Back in the late 90's when I was a trooper out west, I had to open the DOT gate for the Governor (his driver is a trooper) so the 1st Car could fuel. He was a very nice guy, and made a point to call me by title and name. I have talked to that same Governor a couple times since then, and he acted like he remembered me. Very charismatic nice guy.

So how bout you guys? Ever stop a politician? What was he/she like?
    Gimme a Diablo sammich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it snappy - I'm in a gotd**n hurry!

Not yet, but if he has a British accent and says "Diplomatic Immunity", I'm going to smack him.
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
      Not yet, but if he has a British accent and says "Diplomatic Immunity", I'm going to smack him.
      "It's just been revoked!"
      Gimme a Diablo sammich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it snappy - I'm in a gotd**n hurry!

Comment

VP Joe Biden. Speeding and late (horribly lost) for a tee time at a very prestigious golf club. He was a lowly senator at that time. Nice guy and never said a word about who he was. I asked and he sheepishly admitted that he was a DEL senator. Needless to say, he was sent on his way.
        Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Never "stopped" anyone, but made contact with many people when I was an Immigration Inspector in Washington, DC.

Colin Powell was a very cool guy, even coming off a 10-hour flight. Didn't try to get in front of anyone or try and get special treatment (which, as a 4-star at the time, he certainly rated), but just got in line with everyone else. Madeline Albright was a super-nice lady. Another really nice guy was Prince Bandar from Saudi Arabia.

Princess Di was probably one of the biggest bi***es I've ever met, too good to even look me in the eye. She acted like U.S. law enforcement was just a huge pain in her a**.

Being it was DC, we had tons of diplomats of all shapes and sizes. Hate to say it, but our own diplomats (the 'unknowns', usually gov't employees and not political appointees) were the most arrogant, followed closely by the Russians (arrogant AND drunk; good combination). No one else was ever a big problem.
          "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

The "biggest" I've ever stopped was just a state senator. Throw in some city councilmen, quorum court members, a judge, and a couple different school superintendents which although not elected are more political than the rest.

Comment

Early one morning I pulled over a vehicle for expired license tabs. The passenger was our Congressman, the driver one of his aides. The Congressman was on his way to a breakfast meeting and looked like he'd come in from DC on the proverbial red-eye flight. I didn't write the aide and I didn't tell the Congressman his sweater was inside-out.

Comment

No one of note, just yet, but I work in a small town. We received a call that someone had wiped out one of those big brick mailboxes, so we get out there, and there's this oldfella', so amazingly wasted, I was surprised he wasn't flat-out comatose. He'd parked his truck in some lady's driveway, but was at the next-door house, pounding on the garage door. *shaking my head*

We tried to administer FST's, but he was too far gone to comply with even the simplest one. His eyes would glaze and he'd just stand there with a thousand-yard stare, until I would say his name, and then he would briefly snap to with a very lucid, "Yes?" and then instantly go totally vacant again.

We take him for a BAC, then over to the drunk tank. At that point, he starts getting ignorant and hammering on the door, and being a general PITA. We got another call, so didn't get the chance to stick around and see how the CO's were going to deal with him.

Next thing I know, there are some high-powered politicians calling up to find out what's going on with the drunkard. His case has been to trial, postponed, postponed, and postponed again... I doubt he will ever be convicted, to be honest. The video is hilarious, though...

He did pay to have the mailbox rebuilt, and I think he may be a decent fellow, but boy, that night, he was drunker than Cootie Brown. *shaking my head*
                Sure, that badge will get you midgets, but those midgets will get that badge!

The more I learn about people, the more I prefer the company of my dogs.

Comment

An ex counciman ran a road block for a gas leak. Yes, he was cited.

Comment

Nobody that I will admit to, but I refused SS access once. Made them show me their ID's. "Pin of the day", *** you. Show me the ID.
                    Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

i forget his exact title, but a low level political fella from the town i patrol.......he was a ''traffic safety coordinator" or something like that.....he was rather embarrassed

Comment

I stopped Chief's wife!
                        Halt or I'll say Halt again!!!

Comment

I briefly detained Al Gore back in 1992, and he was an asp hole.

The Secret Service referred to Bill Clinton as the "POTUS", and Gore as the "PITA".

Comment

I stopped my Sgt's Daughter. Also I've dealt with the State Representative's son, they both live in the town I work of 2000 pop

Comment

No. I don't know who you are, but if you sign this ticket, I will. Have a super duper fabulous day!!!
                              Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2175 users online. 132 members and 2043 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X