300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some better boots

I bought a pair of Danner "Acadia" duty boots. I got them because hey, they're expensive, so they must be good, right? Well, they suck. My heels have huge blisters on them at the end of a 12 hour shift, and they're just generally uncomfortable.

I need a recommendation for a good pair of duty boots that are comfortable. What do you like?

I personally like the Rocky side zip field boots, or the Cochran field boots. Both go for around $120.00 and I haven't had an issue with either.

The Cochran boots can be a bitch to break in, but all in all, those are my 2 choices

Comment

Danners need to be broken in and it usually takes about a weeks wear and then they will fit like a glove...they don't have the best cushioning but they do wear long.
      Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

I have three pairs of Danners: Ft. Lewis, Acadia, Stryker. The only ones that gave me blisters were the Strykers. I solved the problems by changing to a thinner, firmer insole.
        Like Buffaloboy says, they need breaking-in, at least the models with traditional construction. Make sure they laces are snug enough to limit heel movement.

Comment

5.11 Tactical 8" Atac boots. I haven't had any problems and they fit very comfortably from day 1

Comment

Originally posted by JonThePollack85 View Post
            5.11 Tactical 8" Atac boots. I haven't had any problems and they fit very comfortably from day 1

Ditto this!
            Quote of the week: "I was going how fast? And that's a school zone?"

Comment

New Balance tennis shoes..

Comment

Another consideration to keep in mind is the socks you wear. I've found that any boots, especially the boots we work in, are much more comfortable with some thick wool or synthetic wool sock. Wigwam and Smartwool both make excellent socks and I'm certain a sock like these would increase your comfort and reduce your issues with blisters. Expensive? Yes. Worth the money? Absolutly.

Comment

I have had good luck with Rocky boots, but some of our guys wear Danners and I've never heard a bad word about them. They're usually bragging them up. You can always sell them on Ebay and probably recover a good part of your money. Life is too short to wear uncomfortable shoes or sleep on a bad mattress.
                  Proudly generated over a hundred thousand dollars in attorney's fees and counting

Comment

I like the 5.11 boots. I wear the 6" ATAC boot. I have a lined pair for winter and unlined for summer. I think I'm on my 3rd pair. I'll keep buying them unless 5.11 changes something.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, the Danners are well broken in. I've been wearing them for 3 months. The weird thing is that they're otherwise comfortable except for this heel problem. And I've been wearing thick socks, too.

I think I might try the 5.11 boots.

Comment

My feet are really wide at the toes and narrow at the heel. Yes, I have duck feet. A lot of brands of boots will be sloppy on my heel if they fit in the toe box.

The 5.11 boots fit really nicely and were comfortable for me after the first day or two. I just have to lace them really tightly.

New Balance used to have a line of boots they sold under the name "Dunham" that were really good, but it appears they've stopped making them. If you can find a pair they last forever, are really light weight, and comfortable. If you find some in 10 EEEE, let me know, I want another pair.
                        I miss you, Dave.
                        http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Take a look at the converse boots. I am wearing a pair right now that they fit like a sport shoe, are light, and have a composite toe just in case. Best of all you are not pay a 5.11 "Tactical" surcharge. I swear if I see another tactical pen or staple remover I am going to scream! LoL.

They are about $90 and in the year I have been wearing mine they are holding up very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Batman21 View Post
                            Take a look at the converse boots. I am wearing a pair right now that they fit like a sport shoe, are light, and have a composite toe just in case. Best of all you are not pay a 5.11 "Tactical" surcharge. I swear if I see another tactical pen or staple remover I am going to scream! LoL.

They are about $90 and in the year I have been wearing mine they are holding up very well.
                            I had a friend who had a pair of Converse boots. Said they felt like tennis shoes. My agency issues Rocky's, but I'm not a fan. I think I will try the Converse.

I think Oakley makes a boot as well that is supposed to be pretty comfortable.
                            I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it

"But the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet
                            it" - Thucydides

sigpic

Comment

Bate's Durashock, 8", lace to toe, side zip, combined with under armor socks.
                              Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
                              I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
                              Originally posted by weinerdog2000
                              as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11910 users online. 502 members and 11408 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X