300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foot pursuit enders

Got into a foot pursuit the other night. Found some guy urinating on a wall. The DA would have probably walked away with a warning, but he decided to run on me.

Woo-hoo, release the hounds, the chase is on.

After about 100 yards or so, I yelled, "Buddy, I run marathons...we can do this all night if you want." I was lying, of course...but he stopped! He said, "OK, you got me, I give up."

This reminded me of a fellow officer who, while chasing come kids caught trying to break in to a building, yelled, "If you don't stop I'm going to Taze you!" The kid proned out so fast he left skid marks in the grass. This was a good 2 months before the department got Tasers.

Any other creative methods of ending foot pursuits?

Bad guy- meet car door.

That is how I prefered to end a foot chase.
    Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

"Defense aint for no nice people." Neamiah Warrick, first year starting Saftey, Michigan State University 2006

Comment

woof woof, stop or the dog is coming

Comment

Nothing Says Stop like a Big Mag Light to the back right between the sholder blades.
        Sorry Sarge, I was running and sweating and the darn thing just slipped out of my hands. What are the odds it strike the dude?
        Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Comment

Originally posted by bajakirch View Post
          Any other creative methods of ending foot pursuits?
          Yeah, don't start them.

I give you credit though. If I had someone run from me because he was ****ing on the wall, I probably just would of been like "yeah, he's running alright" as I sat in my car with my enjoying my snuff and mountain dew.

I learned real quick though about foot pursuits when I worked a college town. After like the 5th or 6th college student runnning for open containers etc., it just wasn't worth it cause those SOBs are fast, not to mention all the other officers just laughing when your on the radio out of breath saying I got one running for an open container.

Comment

Originally posted by jws8308 View Post

I learned real quick though about foot pursuits when I worked a college town. After like the 5th or 6th college student runnning for open containers etc., it just wasn't worth it cause those SOBs are fast, not to mention all the other officers just laughing when your on the radio out of breath saying I got one running for an open container.
            But it was priceless when we caught one who played professional baseball, 2nd base.

"You must not steal many bases."

Comment

We have one that keeps up a running dialogue the entire chase. Usually its something along the lines of "Don't stop running" and what he's going to do when he catches them. Usually they spend so much time looking over their shoulder at this fool screaming at them, they trip or get closelined.
              sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

I'm reminded of the old COPS episode that featured the cop who was an amputee. He caught some aging crackhead and, while walking him back to the squad in handcuffs, said something like, "Can you believe you just got chased down by a one-legged cop?"

Comment

Originally posted by bajakirch View Post
                  I'm reminded of the old COPS episode that featured the cop who was an amputee. He caught some aging crackhead and, while walking him back to the squad in handcuffs, said something like, "Can you believe you just got chased down by a one-legged cop?"
                  That was a great episode! Another favorite is on where a guy is pulled over for suspected DUI and is asked if he has smoked any pot that night, to which he replied no. The officer calmly said you know what, I believe you... as he grabbed the joint that was on the guy's ear. ROFL!

http://www.guzer.com/videos/joint_behind_ear.php

By the way, here is the one legged cop:
                  http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ba0_1202943288
                  Last edited by sencless; 01-04-2010, 07:29 AM.
                  MDC BLE 270

Comment

We had two officers go out on two different people at the same time in the same area of town. One of the subs was an 80+ yo man with a cane that was reported missing. The other was some hood rat that the officer stopped. The hood rat took off running and the officer came up over the radio saying that he's got one running, and that he was chasing after him. Other officers started chiming in, and the chasing officer said something like the guy was headed in so and so direction. The supervisor, not really paying attention to what was going on came up on the radio and said something like, "You can't catch an 80 yo guy who has to walk with a cane?!?!?!"

Comment

"Strobing" your flashlight in the dark. You illuminate their path with your flashlight, then start strobing it, then shut it off. They will eat it shortly thereafter, works like a charm.
                      "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

Baggy pants. Love them for that very reason.

Comment

Unbelievable....

A foot chase for p!$$ing on a wall????????

Surely not something that I would do.....
                          "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

"You can run, but you'll only go to jail tired and out of breath."

Otherwise, growling, "I'm going to rip your mutha'f'kin' head off," usually works quite well.
                            Sure, that badge will get you midgets, but those midgets will get that badge!

The more I learn about people, the more I prefer the company of my dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by grumpyirishman View Post
                              A foot chase for p!$$ing on a wall????????

Surely not something that I would do.....
                              So if the guy is a wanted felon, carrying a gun or contraband your just gonna let him run? ****ing on the wall is good PC to stop someone and I'd definately chase...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2253 users online. 143 members and 2110 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X