300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWAT break and rake tools

So for any operators out there or dudes that are creative with designing tools, my department is pretty strapped for cash but our team is without a break and rake type of entry tool similar to one blackhawk makes. Just seeing if anybody has a simple homemade design that people have used on their tac teams for breaking/clearing windows. I've seen things like retro-fitting an olympic weight bar with a couple inches of metel welded to the end for debris clearing....any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks, and watch your six...

Back when we had an active team and all of our officers were crossed trained fire fighters as well, we just used a halogen tool. Their near indestructable and good for break and rake or prying reinforced doors when used in conjunction with a well placed sledge hammer strike. Very portable too.
    Maybe FD will let you borrow one when needed if you cant purchase one for some reason.

Comment

Correction...Halligan tool.

Comment

We went to a neighboring county that had a large professional fire dept and they gave us a haligan that they had retired. It worked great.

Comment

Simple and cost effective for a brake and rake.

The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

2 feet of steel pipe $6.50 at Lowes.

Grip Tape $2 a roll.

M-11
            “All men dream...... But not equally..
            Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
            but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
            for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

A standard pike pole works too.....it's also effective to grab any blinds/curtains and rip them too.
              Went to Get a Cold Pop

Comment

I agree with the pike pole (used by all fire departments) as you can stay far enough away from the kill zone, break, rake and clear out the window from a distance. Check with your local FD and I am sure you can find one they will "donate" to you. Down side is that they are about 10' long. You can always "field-fix" it. Halligans or Hooligans are great but short. Just my thoughts, good luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3321 users online. 169 members and 3152 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X