Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When in-house death & funeral notices get applause...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When in-house death & funeral notices get applause...

When I was working, back at the other place, part of roll-call involved the reading of death & funeral notices. Most of the time, the notices were for guys who passed 20 - 30 years after retiring. Every so often there would be some old copper passing away after retiring 40+ years prior. We'd cheer the guy. Today, I read a D&F notice on my retiree website where some guy just passed away 52 years after retiring!

May God bless him and lead us to follow in his way!

Chances are, too, he was survived by his wife!

Any similar records being set in your workplace?
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

We get to retire?
    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

How about this though,not exactly the same BUT,
      .http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...0_oHAOyPidAB8A
      Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

My neighbor retired in 1969 after the Watts riots in LA and he is still kicking around. 40 years retirement and counting Oh, and yes, he does have some great stories!

Comment

Dang! I thought this thread was about when you came in to briefing and learned that some local pain in the @$$ had finally croaked. you know you're jaded when it makes your night to know that some guy has kicked the bucket.

Comment

lol @ above... I thought same thing

Punks turning 18 and dirtbags kicking the bucket = milestones in customer's lives that I enjoy in a twisted way.
            All Gave Some - Some Gave All

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_14312_1475388990098_890","height":"65","title":"flower.gif","width":"72"}

Comment

Can't remember any specific numbers, but we used to do the same thing on my District. If a guy made it 30+ years of soaking the retirement up, he got cheers from all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
                May God bless him and lead us to follow in his way!

Any similar records being set in your workplace?
                I'm working on it right now.

The State is gonna have to hire a hit squad to get rid of me... I have to keep track of how much I make on this pension.

52 years? That's a long time, but I think I can do it. I'm going for 62.
                As far as "rights" are concerned; I look at them this way... I don't tell you what church to go to, and you don't tell me what kind of firearm I can own...

Comment

Around here I know that Boston Police will put out both retiree's passing and LODD anniversies right over the radio during the shift often with their last rank or title and hire and retirement dates..
                  "Massachusetts it's NOT All here!!!!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4261 users online. 258 members and 4003 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X