300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah...Marine Corps birthday month

The parties, the balls, the festivities, the pomp and circumstance.

The drunks, the fights, the domestics, the torn dress blues and screaming wives.

Ahhhh, Eastern NC in November
    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Ahh yes, I remember it all so well. The last couple of Balls I went to before I got out were always fun, by that time I was a platoon sgt. Spent the night having a good time (my wife always enjoyed the festivities) and leaving before the kids got out of control, then spending the next morning running around to local PD's to pick up the dumb ***'s that got hooked the night before. If it was their first time I would pick them up before morning formation. If I had to pick them up before the next time was after formation with all it's associated UCMJ problems.
    Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    Albert Einstein

Comment

They don't even come get them anymore. We used to have shore patrol come down with the wagon, load it up, take 'em off and come back for more. It helped us out because we didn't have to charge them in the civilian world if the MPs would take them. Not so now. We hook 'em up and they sit in jail until....some have OICs or Staff Duty that will come down and try to get the Magistrate to release them to their custody, but a lot of the time they don't bother.

Domestic Violence is a bit different. They normally come get them when they go before the Judge and confine them to the base.

I dunno. Maybe I'm getting older or jaded, but I spent years married to the Corps and years since dealing with the birthday balls and it just seems like its getting worse. These boot Marines are different.
      sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Huh! When I was in the Army I was under the impression that the Marines didn't have Balls.
        Originally posted by K40
        To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
        ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

You guys in the Army knew what balls looked like?
          sigpic

Comment

(Sorry, honey. Marine Corps brat AND wife...it just comes out of me)
            sigpic

Comment

What's the matter ptlcop, have a problem seeing large objects.........
              Today's Quote:

Albert Einstein

Comment

That sucks Smurfette, in a number of ways.

I always thought for drunk and stupid the command (if they bothered) could do far worse to the Marine without causing long term grief.

As I said I always picked up first offenders before formation, so the CO didn't know anything (officialy) about it. Of course they in turn owed me BIG time and you know I collected. Second offense they were picked up after formation and had to deal with a very "Angry" skipper.
                Today's Quote:

Albert Einstein

Comment

I've got a big brass set....lol

Semper Fi Marines...

And ah yes the memories, to be young, dumb and full of ...... once again.

There was a time or 2 I was returned to CL in the company of some grumpy Gunny a long time ago, usually after the Ball.....nothing "criminal" mind you, just regular "highly testosteroned 18yo ruler of the world" kinda stuff......Thank God the J-ville PD had some guys with a good sense of humor....The Gunny, not so much, lol.

Fast forward, you know what's ironic too? When I was working a sector car, I'd be the one that got the call for an assist anytime there was a military member stopped for whatever reason by a fellow post car. They felt I'd connect more and maybe be able to talk some sense into the young soldier, sailor, airman or Marine.
                  Went to Get a Cold Pop

Comment

Shanty,

On one of my teams, the Sarge is a retired Gunny. Three of the road officers were Cpls, with one MP, one EOD, one harrier mechanic; there's another road Officer that is a retired Master Guns and one Sgt. Major. That's on one team. Then there's the odd man out...retired Air Force. They're rather rare around here. I am one of the few here at my agency that didn't serve in the Corps. Surrounded by jarheads....life could be worse They damn sure come in handy when an intoxicated service member needs some straightening up. I have been told I do a fair imitation of a female DI
                    sigpic

Comment

Some of my fondest memories of working the county jail in the late 1970's was having the Marines come and pick up the AWOLS. Mind you -----this was in Eastern Iowa and the closest active duty station would have been Great Lakes.

I can still see them braced w/ their nose to the wall and hear the screaming .

The only one that was better was when a Texas Ranger came to pick up a murder suspect we caught.
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Had I known when I was shopping the Services I would have joined the Marines. Same birthday...would have been pretty cool to celebrate that way. Funny that the recruiter never brought that up.

Well the first drink I have on Wednesday will be in honor of the Marines, as it is every year. I know many and have seen them in action. From kicking *** in Iraq and Somalia to bringing my Niece toys for Tots gifts for Christmas, you gotta love the Corps.
                        My OODA Loop: Observe, Over-react, Destroy and Apologize.

Comment

Semper Fi. The last birthday ball I went to was in Gitmo. It was a blast. No arrests and my guys had fun too.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
                            Shanty,

On one of my teams, the Sarge is a retired Gunny. Three of the road officers were Cpls, with one MP, one EOD, one harrier mechanic; there's another road Officer that is a retired Master Guns and one Sgt. Major. That's on one team. Then there's the odd man out...retired Air Force. They're rather rare around here. I am one of the few here at my agency that didn't serve in the Corps. Surrounded by jarheads....life could be worse They damn sure come in handy when an intoxicated service member needs some straightening up. I have been told I do a fair imitation of a female DI

Wow, talk about being stacked with Leathernecks! I would imagine based upon your location you have occasion to be surrounded with present/former green, slimey, amphibious fighting machines quite often....I've got quite a few fellow Jarheads myself in my unit. I was down that way from 89-93.....2nd Bat 2nd Marines, 2nd MarDiv "Warlords"....Best time of my life, really. And I love the Carolina coastal area. Beautiful place. Spent time dating a girl in Wilmington, weekends in Myrtle....Your post brought back a ton of fond memories...Thank you.
                            Went to Get a Cold Pop

Comment

. . . and I would like to add,

No matter when, where, or how long you served, HAPPY 234th BIRTHDAY TO ALL MARINES.

Semper Fi, Leathernecks.

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
                              "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5980 users online. 357 members and 5623 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X