300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did your schedule change for DST?

I got an email last night telling me to come in an hour late tonight in order save overtime. That's a first for me..curious to see how everyone else does it.
    summer - winter - work

We work same rotations for one year. So our guys who lose an hour the first time around (work 11 hours instead of 12) are still working when the next one comes around, so they work 13 hours instead of 12.
    Originally posted by K40
    To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
    ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Nope

Everybody on my shift will get an hour of OT tonight...
      Except me. I just get to work an extra hour.
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

We get paid an hour of O.T. if you work during the time change. Going the other way you work 7 get paid for all 8. It seems to be the only thing the county lets us regularly screw them over for.
        Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Same as PtlCop, I drew the short straw tonight. Nice to see some get OT.

Comment

Our administration has traditionally said, "If you want to get paid an hour of OT for tonight, we'll dock an hour's pay from whoever is working when we switch back."
            "The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, can not and will not ever harm the sheep." -Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Comment

We are allowed an hour OT, or you can go home an hour early if staffing permits.
              I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, and then questions the manner by which I provide it. I'd rather you just said thank you, and went on your way!

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. But I find it somewhat... distasteful. To be given credit for work that's not mine. Especially inferior work.

sigpic

Comment

Filled out my hour of overtime. I think that's in our contract, although I think I would have just liked to go home an hour early.

Comment

Originally posted by fahrenheit View Post
                  Our administration has traditionally said, "If you want to get paid an hour of OT for tonight, we'll dock an hour's pay from whoever is working when we switch back."
                  Same here. No extra pay now, no pay taken away when time goes forward. Seems like a fair trade.

Comment

I laughed when I saw this thread several days ago, because my agency used to dicker about this stuff.

Well I was SURPRISED (not) to learn that a co-worker who put in for the extra hour was denied it.

It amuses me that they want to dicker about an hour when they could have simply instructed the officer to come in an hour late or leave an hour early. The only problem I have with not recognizing the extra hour worked is that not everyone works the same shift in the spring and fall, so some officers might get snubbed an hour, and some might get a bonus hour. I tend to think that you get paid for what you work, and the admin can adjust your schedule as they see fit.

Is it the end of the world? No. Will it create a problem now, and encourage us to nit-pick some contract violations we've been quiet on? Of course.
                    All Gave Some - Some Gave All

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_14312_1475388990098_890","height":"65","title":"flower.gif","width":"72"}

Comment

No overtime at my dept. You just get unlucky if it is your shift working the fall and lucky if your working the spring. It all comes out in the wash. We all goof off a little here and there, so no biggie. They don't hold me to every minute, so I see no need to complain much.
                      Proudly generated over a hundred thousand dollars in attorney's fees and counting

Comment

No OT for us. You may just get lucky on the other end.

Comment

Not for the reason of the change back to EST from EDT. Our whacky seasonal schedule (odd hours each week as long as there is 160/28 days) from early April to late October ends, and we are back to a more 'normal' schedule of 40/wk, 160/28days.

Concidental to the time change.
                          The opinions expressed here are from the individual only and do not represent the view of any agency that the poster may be affiliated with

Comment

I'm looking for it, but someone advised me the reason we get paid the hour is due to a FLSA lawsuit and some case law. I haven't been able to find anything concrete yet, other than the fact that FLSA requires (generally) that you be compensated for anytime in excess of 40 hrs in a week.
                            Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6813 users online. 351 members and 6462 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X