Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is NY State lately with officers from out of state? I go back to New York- Fingerlakes area- NOT NYC, to visit family and stay at our families cottage. I have carried in the past since H.R. 218, but not for the past few years.
    This is a common sense thing to, don't be stupid, show the gun off or go to bars and no one knows anyway. The predicament comes in if there is a felony or something and you have to protect yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by reno_cop View Post
      Im a former correctional officer and I have several friends who are still in corrections. What is your guys' take on Corrections carrying concealed off duty with regaurd to HR218?
      I'd definitely do some research on the subject before you assume you're GTG! I know that in my state, corrections officers are not sworn LEO's and therefore HR218 does not apply to them. Read and understand HR218 throroughly before you test the waters with that one!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAggieOfc View Post
        We have no problem recognizing it in Texas, in fact, it's basically codified into our own State law.

Beware though:
        If you come through Texas and are arrested (most likely for DWI) and you have your weapon, LEOSA won't save you. You'll be charged for both the DWI and Unlawful Carrying of a Weapon.
        Thats probably true in most states, HR 218 does not give anyone the right to carry a weapon DURING THE COMMISSION OF A CRIME. Therefore, if you are a LEO carrying a weapon and commit a crime, you'e done.
        law dog

Comment

Hr 218

HR 218 is now a law called LEOSA. Ask me what the acronym means and I couldn't tell you, but all retired guys from my agency carry under it. We have to qualify once per year. If we ever get a new sheriff who doesn't support it, we will have to pay the money and get state permits. LEOSA is free if your department head Chief or Sheriff supports it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn731 View Post
            HR 218 is now a law called LEOSA. Ask me what the acronym means and I couldn't tell you
            Law Enforcement Officer's Safety Act
            I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

A member of another cop/gun/tactics board I'm on recently exchanged emails/letters with the NJSP firearms unit and found that while hollow points are allowed only to cops from out of state on official duty, that 3 types of ammo that were legally permitted to off duty and retired officers using LEOSA that would expand.These were Hornady Critical Defense, Federal Expanding Full Metal Jacket, & Corbon / Glaser PowR Ball as they had no hollow point. Your milage may vary and you should confirm with either the New Jersery AG or the NJSP Firearms Unit. I don't have permission to reprint his letter here but if there is interest I will ask if for it.
              OF THE PEOPLE, NOT ABOVE THE PEOPLE

Comment

Originally posted by wgb View Post
                A member of another cop/gun/tactics board I'm on recently exchanged emails/letters with the NJSP firearms unit and found that while hollow points are allowed only to cops from out of state on official duty, that 3 types of ammo that were legally permitted to off duty and retired officers using LEOSA that would expand.These were Hornady Critical Defense, Federal Expanding Full Metal Jacket, & Corbon / Glaser PowR Ball as they had no hollow point. Your milage may vary and you should confirm with either the New Jersery AG or the NJSP Firearms Unit. I don't have permission to reprint his letter here but if there is interest I will ask if for it.

Too bad... all of that ammo is a violation of OUR department policy for carry.
                Quote of the week: "I was going how fast? And that's a school zone?"

Comment

Wow. I never realized how serious this was.

Last time I checked, a cop was a cop and a crook was a crook.

You're either on one side or the other.

I could give a rat's @ss about what my potential backup is carrying.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4223 users online. 248 members and 3975 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X