300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of MP's.....

I'm off today but had to take my unit in to get my camera system rebooted. I slipped on my gun, clip on badge and ran out the door. I'm on the interstate (city loop/bypass) and it's 60mph. I'm cruising at about 64 which is the normal speed and if someone was cruising at this speed in front of us that is about what we allow (although each his own this is average). Here comes this Ford F150 weaving in an out of traffic. Around me also (marked unit). I'm thinking look at this idiot he must think it's 70 like the main interstate. I get behind him as that usually gets their attention. I see he's going 81 in a 60. I stay behind him for 2 miles. I get close on his butt so he gets the picture. doesn't get it he continues. During this time he passes two tall clearly visible 60mph signs. Surely people are wondering is that cop going to pull that guy over. I hit my lights for a few seconds behind him and then shut them off hoping he'd get the picture. All I wanted to do was run to the fleet shop and get my system rebooted and go home, but I can't let someone fly by me on the interstate in a marked unit like I wasn't even there. So I hit my lights again and this time I hit the siren. He finally pulls over. As I approach I see the small cross pistols sticker and a hand flip out from the window handing me a state DL and a DoD ID. Now I'm ****ed because I give military a break even other cops, but when the expectation gets thrown in my face I don't like that because I don't, haven't and will never do that to a cop and never did that when I was in the military. I purposely asked was the other ID some kind of green card, he said no my military ID. I said I only needed to see his Drivers License. While he was switching between the Id's I explained his reason for the stop. He had an immediate attitude. Now I'm thinking you have got to be joking, I must be getting punked or something. I ask if he has any weapons in the vehicle and he says no firearms but I have my duty cuffs I said sir I just asked about weapons not work tools.

I tell him to hang tight and I'll be back. Still had not decided I would give him a ticket. Just planning on running him and giving him a little quick speech. As I turned away he said, "Your not about to give me a damn ticket are you?" I said excuse me. He repeated it. I said you were speeding 22mph above the speed limit went around a cop to do it, do you not think a ticket is warranted?"

He replied, but I'm a cop also and I know you don't give other cops tickets. I said sir I'll leave out my comments on whether MP's are cops, but the point is your not behaving as though you are understanding to my delima here so there is only one way to get my point across. I said quite frankly you've talked yourself into a ticket. Then he said, well what if I don't sign it. I said what do you think will happen. By this point I'm boiling and told him he had 20sec to sign the ticket or he was going to jail. BTW, he was from Ft. Polk. When he didn't sign I called for another unit to come. The shift Sgt showed up. He put him in his car and transported him to the office. He decided signing the ticket was in his best intrest. We put him in a detention room and called his 1sg. I left to get my video booted and stopped back in on my way home. His 1sg was on his way to get him. He was an E-7 Very disappointing a freakin E-7 acting like that. When I drove off from the roadside I saw his front decoration plate in my rearview mirror, 2 cross pistols

Whether he was in the miltary as this douch or another cop come on seriously slow down long enough for us to be out of sight. It's the fact of how does it look when everyone else is obeying the speed limit because a marked unit is right there, and you come flying by 22mph over the speed limit. That makes that marked unit look very bad. Even with my own units around locally when I'm driving my POV off duty I show the respect and slow down so as not to make him look like a plug for not doing something about me. I do it and it's not that hard.

PS: and he had a radar detector, he was asking for it, LOL!!
    Last edited by creolecop; 10-29-2009, 11:24 AM.
    Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Speechless....Recently I have seen an abundant number of vehicles with a front tag (Louisiana) with "SRT", and no these are not State Police Cars! Curiousity got the best of me one day at a gas station when I saw one of these vehicles, PT Cruiser. I asked the guy, "you on the job?" With a quick reply, "what?" I ask "are you a cop?" Oh yeah, I'm a MP for the National Guard. So why the SRT license plate? Quick response was. In case we get called out and we need to speed...

Now I will admit I have been stopped while working, and given courtesy to the max. And was always let go, however this MP deserved what he got. I am sorry, but even when I was at Polk, I met some MP's who thought they were "cops" as well.

And on your day off, WTF!
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Good for you, creole! I hope he gets an article on top of the cite. He deserves every bit of it, especially being a senior NCO.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Smurfette
      Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
      Originally posted by DAL
      You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

It's people like that who really pi55 me off, you don't pass a cop down here and expect not to get pulled over. I give courtesy to all cops and military, but in that situation I would happily tack on 32:58(careless op) and 32:79(improper lane usage) to his speeding charge, sign here press hard. Don't demand courtesy, that's the first step toward getting a ticket.
        In Memory of A Fallen Hero

Comment

Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
          Speechless....Recently I have seen an abundant number of vehicles with a front tag (Louisiana) with "SRT", I'm a MP for the National Guard. So why the SRT license plate? Quick response was. In case we get called out and we need to speed...

I'v seen those a couple of times didn't know what they were. I thought it meant some kind of Search & Rescue Team. They going to make me limit my courtesy to Infantry

Yeah, doesn't crap always happen when your off. We're allowed to drive our unit where ever you want to in the parish (-strip clubs and bars) off duty, but this is why I don't. Guaranteed to see something you just can't drive by.

BTW, forgot to mention he received a ticket Beauregard Parish also. Told the shift Sgt that he returned from combat not long ago and lost his wife and was just in thought while driving. Oh, the old returned from combat clause that allows you to not be responsible for illegal behavior, called combat return syndrome. I have multiple deployments in both wars as an Airborne Infantryman, and not once would I have disgraced honorable veterans by using that lame excuse. Before anyone say it effects people differently, well, I also went through counciling upon returning, spent a brief time on mood stabilizers, no excuse. I'm embarrassed this guy is an NCO in my military.

Comment

Originally posted by creolecop View Post
            He was an E-7......MP..... Ft. Polk.....22mph over
            Good Cite.....I hope his Command broke it off in his butt......

Comment

definitely an Asshat. deserved what he got. first rule of driving - period: never pass a police vehicle.

That was just stupid.

Comment

Quote:
                Originally Posted by irishlad2nv View Post
                Speechless....Recently I have seen an abundant number of vehicles with a front tag (Louisiana) with "SRT", I'm a MP for the National Guard. So why the SRT license plate? Quick response was. In case we get called out and we need to speed...

I'v seen those a couple of times didn't know what they were. I thought it meant some kind of Search & Rescue Team. They going to make me limit my courtesy to Infantry
                Stupid Right There?
                If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

Bet his command tore his butt. He deserved it. Dont usually see that as much with the senior enlisted guys. Shows what kind of leader he is......

Comment

Why did you call his 1st Sgt rather than the Provost Marshall or his C/O?
                    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                      Why did you call his 1st Sgt rather than the Provost Marshall or his C/O?
                      ahhh!! I never SAID I called anyone let alone his 1SG. YOU ASSumed I called his 1SG (just ribbing ya)

All we do is call the POST MP's, they normally contact that units commander, who then pulls out his phone tree and get a Senior NCO to retreive the pesky catfish. His Commander was notified by default of contacting the MP's. The 1SG just came to get him.

Comment

ahhh!! I never SAID I called anyone let alone his 1SG. YOU ASSumed I called his 1SG (just ribbing ya)
                        And you appear to have wrongly inferred that I used "you" in the singular form rather than the plural form. "You" is the second-person pronoun that corresponds to "we," and you said "We put him in a detention room and called his 1sg."

Not my fault that Louisianans speak non-standard English.
                        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                          Not my fault that Louisianans speak non-standard English.

LOL!! well non-standard IS the standard

Comment

Last new years eve I was working a detail, and we were called down to assist the officers working off-duty at our bar district. One of the officers was telling a nice gentleman that he could not enter the bar through a certain door. Thats when the nice guy decided to body slam the officer and attempt to disarm him. After he was very politely informed that his actions were indeed wrong, he was whining about how he was a cop too. Turns out hes a MP Sgt down at Fort Knox. He also cried about how we've ruined his career.

Comment

All we do is call the POST MP's, they normally contact that units commander, who then pulls out his phone tree and get a Senior NCO to retreive the pesky catfish. His Commander was notified by default of contacting the MP's. The 1SG just came to get him.
                              Ahem! But, this may shed a different sort of light:

QUOTE=creolecop;2050621...We put him in a detention room and called his 1sg...
                              The word WE would indicate you may have had a hand in making the call even though it does not specifically say "I."

Proof read, proof read, proof read! It eliminates confusion!
                              Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4647 users online. 257 members and 4390 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X