300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing my partner fast

Hi guys. Dont know if this is the right place to post this but i need some input.
    I have been working with a female officer for a couple of months now, she is a great officer and i trust her, We recently got a new Captain on the unit and now he seems to have the hots for her..well now on night shifts he only wants to work on a vehicle with her and i am given another partner..i am a constable and i respect our chain of command...what do i do?
    ~ When I close my eyes, I`ll see you on the other side ~

Maybe talk to her about it and see how she feels. Other than that you maybe SOL.

Comment

She told me that she does not feel comfortable working with him and that he does make passes at her...she told him that she does not feel fomfortable working with him, but he couldnt care less...

Comment

Just let it all play out and when she has his job she will ride with whoever she wants.

M-11
        “All men dream...... But not equally..
        Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
        but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
        for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

thanks m-11..but it still sucks...guess im just sour about the whole thing

Comment

Originally posted by shooter View Post
            She told me that she does not feel comfortable working with him and that he does make passes at her...she told him that she does not feel fomfortable working with him, but he couldnt care less...
            I don't know what your jurisdiction (or country's) policies or laws are regarding "sexual harassment", but you might suggest to her that learning about them now would be a good idea. It could be the only recourse for her is to request a transfer (just to get out of the situation). She should keep a running and detailed log of all unwanted "moves" on his part. If your area's laws and policies are like here (in the U.S.), she could progressively:
            1) Tell the guy she isn't interested in having a personal relationship.
            2) Tell the guy to "back off" if he doesn't get the "hint."
            3) Report the continued harassment to his immediate superior.
            4) Report his conduct to someone on the department who's charged with the authority to investigate such complaints officially.

If she's a good partner and friend, she'll keep you advised and you should provide her with support. She'll need it.
            "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Thank you brother. She is a good friend and I find myself worrying about her when we are on duty and she`s working with him. I will look up the sexual harassment stuff and inform her accordingly.

Comment

Hi guys. Dont know if this is the right place to post this but i need some input.
                I have been working with a female officer for a couple of months now, she is a great officer and i trust her, We recently got a new Captain on the unit and now he seems to have the hots for her..well now on night shifts he only wants to work on a vehicle with her and i am given another partner..i am a constable and i respect our chain of command...what do i do?
                Wow, I would be thankful you have a Captain that actually works. Seriously, you're probably SOL until she chimes up with a harrassment complaint.

Comment

Thank you brother. She is a good friend and I find myself worrying about her when we are on duty and she`s working with him. I will look up the sexual harassment stuff and inform her accordingly.
                  When you've done that, can you keep us posted? I'm curious what (if any) rules apply and how they might compare to the ones we have here.
                  "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3623 users online. 233 members and 3390 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X