300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by signal1 View Post
    This is the only way to go. I know some like to carry it "all in one" but that is crazy!! Many do it so they can show the world they are a cop. That is the last thing I want anyone to know. Might as well wear your cop shirts you can buy in Ga!!'s magazine to go with it. I carry 100% of the time so there is no changing wallets. Also, I carry my id/badge wallet on my gun side. That way when I am getting mugged, I am not picking up my shirt on my gun side to get my regular wallet. I'm going to hand my wallet to them and they won't know who I am, no doubt about that. I want to make sure I have the advantage before I give them something else they aren't expecting!!
    I don't agree with that. You should always carry your shield/ID card in the pocket of your non-shooting hand. Just my opinion, but it's probably more likely for you to get involved in something off-duty (ie: crime being committed) then you getting robbed. If you have it in your non-shooting hand, you can grab your Shield/ID and identify yourself.

Comment

My ID card is in my regular wallet behind my driver's license, which I carry in a front pocket. I carry my flat badge on a leather square that has a dog tag chain on it. I keep it in my back pocket and will put it around my neck if the need arises, which is mostly when entering the city-county building.
      I miss you, Dave.
      http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

My wife carries my wallet. j/k. Our id's are credit card size so I carry it shoved in behind my DL. I don't have a flat badge and I'm too cheap too buy one.
        sigpic

" 'Blessed are the Peacemakers', is, I suppose, to be understood in the other world, for in this one they are frequently cursed." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I will typically wear a shirt that says POLICE really big on it, usually a hat that says POLICE on it as well. I'll, of course, only ever wear my 5.11 tactical BDU's and my black SWAT boots. I'll generally put my badge on a chain around my neck, or i'll clip it to my tactical thigh rig if i'm carrying my rifle off duty....you can never be too careful these days. Here's a picture of my rifle actually..

Originally posted by K40
          To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
          ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Originally posted by PtlCop View Post
            I will typically wear a shirt that says POLICE really big on it, usually a hat that says POLICE on it as well. I'll, of course, only ever wear my 5.11 tactical BDU's and my black SWAT boots. I'll generally put my badge on a chain around my neck, or i'll clip it to my tactical thigh rig if i'm carrying my rifle off duty....you can never be too careful these days. Here's a picture of my rifle actually..

Totally awesome!! Love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by kcso View Post
              My wife carries my wallet. j/k. Our id's are credit card size so I carry it shoved in behind my DL. I don't have a flat badge and I'm too cheap too buy one.
              +1

When I carry off duty I'm req to have my badge with me though, so I just grab it off my uniform and throw it in my front pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by EnWhyPeeDee View Post
                I don't agree with that. You should always carry your shield/ID card in the pocket of your non-shooting hand. Just my opinion, but it's probably more likely for you to get involved in something off-duty (ie: crime being committed) then you getting robbed. If you have it in your non-shooting hand, you can grab your Shield/ID and identify yourself.
                Sorry, I should have clarified, I have my shield on my holder around my neck. That way I can grab it no matter what hand is occupied and I can can identify myself to any responding LEO. And I don't have the chain that everyone knows you have something around your neck. Mine looks more like a necklace.
                "In God we trust, all others we run NCIC"

Comment

I am going to post here to see if I've been verified LEO yet. I joined a while back, and didn't know if they called the department to verify yet.
                  Anyways, our Sheriff told us if we carry off duty, it better be concealed very well. ID Card must be carried regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by ReconB329 View Post
                    I am going to post here to see if I've been verified LEO yet. I joined a while back, and didn't know if they called the department to verify yet.

No clue what you're talking about, bro. Officer.com doesn't verify LEO status for its members.
                    sigpic

Comment

I carry a badge wallet. No way I'm carrying two leather things.

Comment

My badge stays in my locker at work. No point in carrying a badge, its only symbolic and doesn't prove you are a cop. Just something to lose and a badge is easy for someone to spot when you don't want them to see it, I and don't want that. My department I.D. is hidden in a zipper area in my wallet.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimble View Post

No clue what you're talking about, bro. Officer.com doesn't verify LEO status for its members.
                          After reading on the fourm, I realize what your talking about. I thought they verified.

Comment

Badge and creds in one and wallet in another. I only carry creds if I have my service issued weapon on me.

Comment

Originally posted by ReconB329 View Post
                              After reading on the fourm, I realize what your talking about. I thought they verified.
                              They don't verify UNLESS somebody starts questioning your status as a police officer. Then they'll send you a message and ask you to verify your status.
                              Originally posted by K40
                              To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
                              ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

I carry one of my photo ID cards in my wallet inside the inner pocket of the wallet. It is mixed in w/ several business cards, photos, etc. I do this so if I need to ID myself to another cop on a traffic stop I can get it out quick. But if a bad guy gets my wallet, he will have to pull out every card and photo from my wallet to see who I am. I also carry my badge in another pocket. Its not in a wallet case, just on a badge holder, so you can't even tell it's in my pocket. I carry it on my gun side, and my wallet on my weak side. So while I'm given the badguy my wallet, I can be giving him something else as well.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5753 users online. 339 members and 5414 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X