300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creds?????

I don't know if this topic has come up before but how do all of you guys carry your creds while off duty? In one badge wallet or a seperate ID folder from you wallet?

When I first graduated from the academy I carried the id folder that MPDC issues. Now I just carry a larger wallet I bought at the FOP that works as a traditional wallet and an id folder. It cost $30.

Comment

When I carry off duty I keep my badge (on a badge holder) next to the holster and also an ID card in my wallet.

Comment

In back pocket along with regular wallet:

Or on this in my front pocket with my ID card in my regular wallet which is in my back pocket

Comment

My badge and creds/ID are in a separate holder from my wallet. I went through a Street Crimes course a few years ago, and the instructor (ret. Det with Chicago PD) told a story about an off-duty officer that got mugged and was shot instantly when the robber realized he was holding up a cop (because he saw the badge in his wallet).
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kimble View Post
            My badge and creds/ID are in a separate holder from my wallet. I went through a Street Crimes course a few years ago, and the instructor (ret. Det with Chicago PD) told a story about an off-duty officer that got mugged and was shot instantly when the robber realized he was holding up a cop (because he saw the badge in his wallet).
            Yes, this happened in L.A. at least twice and also happened to a Texas ADA. I carry a separate wallet and only carry my creds when necessary for precisely this reason.
            Before science, it was believed that autumn was caused by Chuck Norris simultaneously roundhouse kicking every tree on the planet.

Comment

I carry my wallet in one pocket and my shield/ID in another. Not to mention my Glock, but that goes without saying.
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

I go back and forth from one wallet to seperate id folder and regular wallet. Having two to carry becomes a pain sometimes.

Comment

Galls brand badge wallet. If I am not carrying a gun I carry a normal wallet with DL, credit card, and cash.

Comment

I carry cred wallet, has my big "A" creds and badge all together.

Comment

The ID card is buried amongst all the other cards in my wallet. It's so fake looking it would probably be discounted as a commission card anyway. My old movie rental card was more official looking. I only tote the badge around off-duty when I carry my Glock 23 or Glock 21 on my belt under a shirt tail at which time the badge is clipped next to the pistol. If I just pack a little pocket gun then I usually don't bother.

Comment

Departmental issued wallet with badge and ID. Our badges have our names engraved in them. Required to carry at all times.
                        Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

I carry in a seperate wallet with just badge. I also have mt gun on me anytime I have them, which is 90% of the time.

When I get mugged, the crook wil realize instantly that I am a cop.

M-11
                          “All men dream...... But not equally..
                          Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                          but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                          for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

What he said....only way to do it without getting popped off-duty.....

Comment

This is the only way to go. I know some like to carry it "all in one" but that is crazy!! Many do it so they can show the world they are a cop. That is the last thing I want anyone to know. Might as well wear your cop shirts you can buy in Ga!!'s magazine to go with it. I carry 100% of the time so there is no changing wallets. Also, I carry my id/badge wallet on my gun side. That way when I am getting mugged, I am not picking up my shirt on my gun side to get my regular wallet. I'm going to hand my wallet to them and they won't know who I am, no doubt about that. I want to make sure I have the advantage before I give them something else they aren't expecting!!
                              "In God we trust, all others we run NCIC"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5332 users online. 347 members and 4985 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X