Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else dealt with/seen this? Passive resistance/anti-cop stuff?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jenners
    replied
    Just found out today that the guy got held on contempt. Also, his dad apparently came to the court too, and when the LEO (who happens to be a buddy of mine) came up and started chipping at him about "what authority do you have to put cuffs on my son?" he got slapped in bracelets too. A female there came over and started digging in his pocket for something, and had her hand removed and was physically backed up. She started screeching that he had no right to touch her and she was pregnant and was going to sue. What a crazy bunch...

Leave a comment:

• tick
    replied
    Stopped one of these guys once, 6'4", 425#...refused to identify himself and fought with me and a trooper.Then in court told the judge "i do not recognize the authority of this court" and tried to walk out. judge gave him 6 months for contempt, no work release, no huber, he did the full six..

Leave a comment:

• 37delta
    replied
    We stopped a guy like this. He refused to sign the cite. He had some legal brief from Oklahoma or somewhere stating that we had no right to stop his lawful progress. Well, after he was helped from the car we explained that Oklahoma law means not-so-much in our state. So he went for the ride.

Leave a comment:

• sublimejhn
    replied
    Originally posted by TexasAggieOfc View Post
    I know you meant to say an INVENTORY pursuant to stated department policy and consistent with the Chimel rulings right? Cause no one would want to do an illegal, unconstitutional search incident to arrest.
    Ummm, I'm pretty sure he was talking about the search of the suspect's person, which CAN be done incident to arrest. He didn't say anything about searching the car, which WOULD be an inventory search.

I sure hope you perform a search on a suspect incident to arrest!!

Leave a comment:

• stormz5192
    replied
    Come across them all the time. Had a little fella from Guatemala(sp) this weekend that thought that he did not have to provide his information and that he didn't have to leave his apartment (he was drunk and fighting with his baby mama.) He was wrong!!!!! Didn't help that when I snatched him up that he deceided to tense up and pull away. Night night little guy.

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. Slaughter
    replied
    It's amazing how they claim you have no authority, yet they pull over for the lights on your car, roll down the window just to argue then don't resist when arrested (the more hard core ones may, but generally they don't).

What a charade.

Leave a comment:

• reils49
    replied
    Originally posted by Maddogg123 View Post
    Did you write him? I would have.
    No, but I probably should have. I did articulate my disgust for his behavior though

Leave a comment:

• janego10
    replied
    that retired cop's actions would have made it real hard for me not to get my pen turning.

Down here we get the "no habla" routine. That usually fails when I start over in spanish. Then there's those that you do your greeting and ID of your agency and they look at you with that blank stare. Then you revert to spanish, "hablas ingles o espanol?" , then they look at you insulted and say "of course I speak English!"

Leave a comment:

• dungeonmike
    replied
    Had one in Hawaii. Told me I was a terrorist agent of the state. Said I was terrorizing him. I told him if he didn't show me ID he goes to jail. Showed me a made "Kingdom of Hawaii license", ran the alias and took him in for warrants, total of $2k, no license, no insurance, failure to surrender plates, no registration. Couldn't tow the car though, it was on private property.

Leave a comment:

• TexasAggieOfc
    replied
    Originally posted by Powderman View Post
    Then, it's time to get busy. Usually, the search incident to arrest yields some neat stuff. It is really interesting to see how many times arrestees will usually talk themselves into a custodial arrest--whereas, if they just kept their mouths SHUT, they'd walk with a warning, or at the worst, a cite and release.
    I know you meant to say an INVENTORY pursuant to stated department policy and consistent with the Chimel rulings right? Cause no one would want to do an illegal, unconstitutional search incident to arrest.
    Last edited by TexasAggieOfc; 10-20-2009, 05:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• andy5746
    replied
    I've had one... what a pain in the butt. I guess they are hoping that we will get tired of the games and let them go... little do they know that I'm on the clock and have nothing but time

My guy also told me he didn't recognize my authority etc, refused to ID and so on. Well, I told him somthing along the line of "you may not recognize my authority, but I recognize your failure to submit" and took him to jail

Leave a comment:

• ateamer
    replied
    A true patriot would know what the Constitution really says. The so-called Constitutionalists are nothing but thugs, and many of them can be extremely dangerous.

Oh, and once I decide someone needs to be arrested because they refuse to identify themselves, they can't suddenly cough up their name and get the ticket. Once the cuffs are on, it's up to the jail to release them. In for a penny, in for a pound.

Leave a comment:

• Jenners
    replied
    Right, that's more like this guy. Never once did he cooperate, not on the street or at the PD, nada. While searching him, I found his wallet so we knew who he was at least. He also jerked my Sgt around by repeating everything he said. Sgt: "OK, walk down this hallway here." Guy: "Why don't I walk down this hallway here?" Guh. I think he got Obstructing or Fail to ID, in addition to driving with no headlights.

Leave a comment:

• JPSO Recruit
    replied
    I had one of these guys awhile back. What drew my attention to him was the cardboard plate he had, thinking it was a stolen vehicle I pulled him over. Refused to give his license, refused to obey lawful commands, and even refused to answer any questions. He responded too all my questions with "You have no authority over me". Fine by me, arrested him and brought him to jail where he refused to go through with the booking procedure. Thankfully when I was searching the vehicle, before I brought him to the jail, I found a cable bill with his name/address and was able to get his info, guess constitutionalists need to watch tv too. It was the most interesting case I've dealt with.
    Last edited by JPSO Recruit; 10-19-2009, 07:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• yellowreef
    replied
    "Sovereign citizens" ugh...

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4155 users online. 243 members and 3912 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X