Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else dealt with/seen this? Passive resistance/anti-cop stuff?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to clarify, this wasn't some guy who didn't "want to go along with the process" for a DUI. He wound up not getting processed for that I believe, because my Sgt never smelled anything but another officer said he did. And this guy kept it up for quite some time. Two other officers on day shift physically ran his fingers over the quick match fingerprint machine and he played limp rag doll the whole time. The day shift jailer said he took three different pictures before he got a good booking photo, and even then he's still looking down and has his eyes closed.

He never resisted, nor did there appear to be a weapon of any kind in the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenners View Post
      Just to clarify, this wasn't some guy who didn't "want to go along with the process" for a DUI. He wound up not getting processed for that I believe, because my Sgt never smelled anything but another officer said he did. And this guy kept it up for quite some time. Two other officers on day shift physically ran his fingers over the quick match fingerprint machine and he played limp rag doll the whole time. The day shift jailer said he took three different pictures before he got a good booking photo, and even then he's still looking down and has his eyes closed.

He never resisted, nor did there appear to be a weapon of any kind in the car.

I wonder how well that's going to go over for him in court when he tells the judge that he doesn't recognize the courts authority. I saw a judge hold a woman in contempt for about 3 months because she thought that if she just NEVER told anyone her name, nothing could happen to her. I was sitting in court waiting for my case when this jewel of a woman got up, judge asked for her name a few times, she refused, the judge said "well, we're gonna take you back to the jail, when you decide you want to tell us your name, i'll think about bringing you back." The next day the woman said she wanted to tell the judge her name, the judge kept her there for 90 days in contempt. It was hilarious.
      Originally posted by K40
      To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
      ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
        I've had 2 passive resisters, not to this extreme though. Both occured during traffic stops, and ended very quickly with the operator providing his/her DL, when I informed them they would be arrested for obstruction. Neither one of mine were drunk though, just stupid.

I had another guy just this weekend refuse to give me ID. He says, "why am I being stopped?" I explained it for the second time, and he says, "Im not giving you ID until you give me a valid reason for this stop." So I explain to him that driving over the double yellow line and almost hitting my troop car head on is a valid reason for a V and T stop. Finally I asked him to step out of the car, and he was like, "fine, here my DL and my police ID, Im a retired cop from ****" That burned me up
        Did you write him? I would have.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddogg123 View Post
          I would have too. Maybe not if I could tell he was just jerkin me around for a good laugh and then threw in some good natured joking with me afterward. If he was legitimately doing it to be a ****, I would have written him in a heartbeat.
          Originally posted by K40
          To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
          ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Seems to be a somewhat growing trend, at least in some areas. I've been retired for almost four years. The last legal guidance I recieved on this, was to treat it as Resisting Arrest, or Hindering Prosecution(Alabama's version of Obstructing/interfering with an Officer). It was Department policy to make the appropriate custodial arrest. What was often amazing was the arrival of these clowns at the County Jail. The Booking Process often resulted in replies readily and quickly given. This happened when the "constitutionalist" looked across the booking desk to the holding cell with all of it's "friendly faces".

Comment

"Sovereign citizens" ugh...
              "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

I had one of these guys awhile back. What drew my attention to him was the cardboard plate he had, thinking it was a stolen vehicle I pulled him over. Refused to give his license, refused to obey lawful commands, and even refused to answer any questions. He responded too all my questions with "You have no authority over me". Fine by me, arrested him and brought him to jail where he refused to go through with the booking procedure. Thankfully when I was searching the vehicle, before I brought him to the jail, I found a cable bill with his name/address and was able to get his info, guess constitutionalists need to watch tv too. It was the most interesting case I've dealt with.
                Last edited by JPSO Recruit; 10-19-2009, 07:11 PM.
                In Memory of A Fallen Hero

Comment

Right, that's more like this guy. Never once did he cooperate, not on the street or at the PD, nada. While searching him, I found his wallet so we knew who he was at least. He also jerked my Sgt around by repeating everything he said. Sgt: "OK, walk down this hallway here." Guy: "Why don't I walk down this hallway here?" Guh. I think he got Obstructing or Fail to ID, in addition to driving with no headlights.

Comment

A true patriot would know what the Constitution really says. The so-called Constitutionalists are nothing but thugs, and many of them can be extremely dangerous.

Oh, and once I decide someone needs to be arrested because they refuse to identify themselves, they can't suddenly cough up their name and get the ticket. Once the cuffs are on, it's up to the jail to release them. In for a penny, in for a pound.
                    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I've had one... what a pain in the butt. I guess they are hoping that we will get tired of the games and let them go... little do they know that I'm on the clock and have nothing but time

My guy also told me he didn't recognize my authority etc, refused to ID and so on. Well, I told him somthing along the line of "you may not recognize my authority, but I recognize your failure to submit" and took him to jail
                      LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP BEER!

Comment

Originally posted by Powderman View Post
                        Then, it's time to get busy. Usually, the search incident to arrest yields some neat stuff. It is really interesting to see how many times arrestees will usually talk themselves into a custodial arrest--whereas, if they just kept their mouths SHUT, they'd walk with a warning, or at the worst, a cite and release.
                        I know you meant to say an INVENTORY pursuant to stated department policy and consistent with the Chimel rulings right? Cause no one would want to do an illegal, unconstitutional search incident to arrest.
                        Last edited by TexasAggieOfc; 10-20-2009, 05:16 AM.
                        sigpic
                        Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Had one in Hawaii. Told me I was a terrorist agent of the state. Said I was terrorizing him. I told him if he didn't show me ID he goes to jail. Showed me a made "Kingdom of Hawaii license", ran the alias and took him in for warrants, total of $2k, no license, no insurance, failure to surrender plates, no registration. Couldn't tow the car though, it was on private property.

Comment

that retired cop's actions would have made it real hard for me not to get my pen turning.

Down here we get the "no habla" routine. That usually fails when I start over in spanish. Then there's those that you do your greeting and ID of your agency and they look at you with that blank stare. Then you revert to spanish, "hablas ingles o espanol?" , then they look at you insulted and say "of course I speak English!"

Comment

Originally posted by Maddogg123 View Post
                              No, but I probably should have. I did articulate my disgust for his behavior though
                              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

It's amazing how they claim you have no authority, yet they pull over for the lights on your car, roll down the window just to argue then don't resist when arrested (the more hard core ones may, but generally they don't).

What a charade.
                                NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5458 users online. 353 members and 5105 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X