300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you run the wire for the earbud

I just started wearing an earbud and I would like some advise on how to hook it onto my shirt. Is there a special way to do it, so it looks professional?

You can get a button hole sewn in your shirt under your arm pit at any tailor. Looks real nice and concealed.

Comment

I wear the mic around the back and clipped into the front of my shirt. The earbud goes from the mic and right into the shirt that way. I clip the earbud to the vest and run it up through the collar. Real comfortable, real practical.
      Originally posted by K40
      To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
      ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

I opened a hole in the shirt seam down on the radio side, just above my belt line. I sewed the edges to reinforce the hole. My radios mic hole is on the radio. Some have the mic input on the the shoulder mic.

I have a long cord ear mic with the peice that fits in the outer ear, not the bud you put in your ear. This allows you to still hear things with both ears.

I connect the clip from the ear peice to the top middle back of my vest and bring the coil cord out of the back of my shirt collar, up the back of my neck to my ear.

The long cord runs down my back between the vest and my uniform shirt and comes out of the hole I made in the seam. I plug/screw it into the radio and thats it.
        Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

Originally posted by leesrt View Post
          I opened a hole in the shirt seam down on the radio side, just above my belt line. I sewed the edges to reinforce the hole. My radios mic hole is on the radio. Some have the mic input on the the shoulder mic.

I have a long cord ear mic with the peice that fits in the outer ear, not the bud you put in your ear. This allows you to still hear things with both ears.

I connect the clip from the ear peice to the top middle back of my vest and bring the coil cord out of the back of my shirt collar, up the back of my neck to my ear.

The long cord runs down my back between the vest and my uniform shirt and comes out of the hole I made in the seam. I plug/screw it into the radio and thats it.
          +1

Comment

+2..............
            Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
            Albert Einstein

Comment

I did the same thing with the hole in the shirt just above the belt line and run the connection to the top of my shoulder mike. My cord, plug and ear connector is secured to my vest so when I don my vest each day I always have my ear bud as well. I simply put the ear bud in and run the radio connection out the hole in the shirt.

Been doing it that way for about 24 years now. As a matter of fact the custom fit ear bud that I bought in 85 is still going strong.

Comment

I have a small button hole sewn into my shirt just above the belt line next to my radio. Connection goes from my radio, up to my vest where I connect wrap the excess wire around the vest straps. Connect the ear bud speaker to the top of my shoulder on the vest, so the only thing coming out of the top of my shirt is the ear bud itself. The PTT is clipped between the 2nd and 3rd button on the front of my shirt. The only wires that are showing are the clear tubing for the ear bud coming out from my collar and about 4" of black wire connecting into the top of my radio.

Comment

I tried opening up a seem, sewing a button hole, running it through the openings between buttons on the front of my shirt, and just about every other way possible. The one problem all of those had in common was that if you forgot to disconnect the wire from the radio and took off your gunbelt, you were breaking your wire.

I have a Motorola XTS 2500 and the earbud connects to the base of the lapel mic right beside the lapel mic wire. So I just run my earbud wire through the center of my lapel mic wire. It's 100% concealed, the lapel mic wire protects the earbud wire, and best of all if I have a Code 3 run to my "second office" and have to rip my gunbelt off in a hurry, I don't have to disconnect my earbud wire separately, it just comes off with my radio all in one piece. I wear my lapel mic over my opposite shoulder and clip it on the front of my shirt. The clear earbud wire simply exits the lalel mic wire right below my ear and is the only part visible. No more taking the time to run the wire separately or having to remember to connect and disconnect the wire.

Of all the people in my agency I am the only one who does this. And coincidentally I have the oldest functional earbud. All it takes is one time forgetting to disconnect your earbud when it is run through your shirt and you have to buy a new one. I don't have that problem.

I'll try to take pictures later to better explain.
                  Last edited by SOI; 10-18-2009, 04:48 PM. Reason: Better explanation.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3153 users online. 150 members and 3003 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X