X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wirefire2
    replied
    Originally posted by goodfella View Post
    Our dispatchers at our dept. have the worst attitudes I've ever encountered. They constanly cry and have bad attitudes when you ask them for something work related. God forbid you call in more than 3 stops per shift. I understand dispatching can be an extremely difficult job, although when I'm taking you away from the book you're reading up in communications or taking you away from updating your facebook account ... please don't cry because I'm making you work. Just because I'm not lazy doesn't mean you have to give me attitude when I want to work.
    The only solution is to get all of your buddies together and become one giant traffic unit. Write tons of cites too so the city (or whatever) will get a few extra bucks and be on your side.

Leave a comment:

• goodfella
    replied
    Originally posted by That Guy View Post
    You guys need to start sleeping with them more, probably why they don't like you guys.
    the woman dispatchers either look like men or morbidly obese

Leave a comment:

• wolfiePO805
    replied
    You guys need to start sleeping with them more, probably why they don't like you guys.
    Don't do that you'll end up married to them then they start sleeping around with other cops. Then divorce you and make your life heck after words!

Leave a comment:

• ryker
    replied
    My buddy change shifts - on the new shift within the first few hours the veteran dispatcher was quick to call the Deputy after he ran two car tags. "we ain't be dooin that..."

I've got a good dispatcher on my shift but the overall mindset from dispatcher, brass, deputies is unless the vehicle is above 15mph over the limit don't bother. It's not a rule but a mindset. Which is hard for me. When I go to work I want to work ---- damn work ethics come from my father and grandfather. I am not able to put in 12hrs and a few hundred miles and out right IGNORE major violations.

Leave a comment:

• kcso
    replied
    Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
    Why?....the truth hurt a bit much?

This job was a big soap opera long before I started in 1988.....and will be long after I am retired.
    Oh, ok. I guess turn about isn't fair play then. You can dish it but you can't take it. My mistake. Sorry guys.

Leave a comment:

• Smurfette_76
    replied

Shhhiiiiiitttttt, sleeping with them is what STARTED the freaking drama. If you men would keep that mess to yourselves....

Psst-I LOL'd at it, btw.

Edited to add: In dispatch's defense...the Officers are WAY bigger hootchies than dispatch. That might be due to mobility than anything else.
    Last edited by Smurfette_76; 10-21-2009, 03:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• That Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by kcso View Post
    Joke or not, it's not something that needs to be in a public forum. We are supposed to be professionals, at least in the eyes of the public. What we do or say behind the scenes should be kept there. It wasn't that I was not taught a sense of humor in my academy, it's that I was taught, over the years, when and where that sense of humor is appropriate. If we don't get onto each other about this stuff then who will?
    KC I understand your point but as far as I care this is LEO only section of the forum and the public has more things to grip about other than consenting adults doing the do.
    Be safe!

TGY

Leave a comment:

• JPSO Recruit
    replied
    Joke or not, it's not something that needs to be in a public forum. We are supposed to be professionals, at least in the eyes of the public. What we do or say behind the scenes should be kept there. It wasn't that I was not taught a sense of humor in my academy, it's that I was taught, over the years, when and where that sense of humor is appropriate. If we don't get onto each other about this stuff then who will?
    It may be that way where you are, but here we can joke around with our dispatchers about that. Quit getting your panties in a bunch, it's a joke.

Leave a comment:

• LA DEP
    replied
    Not worked up, I just have very little tolerance for someone making generalized demeaning statements like that in a public forum.
    Why?....the truth hurt a bit much?

This job was a big soap opera long before I started in 1988.....and will be long after I am retired.

Leave a comment:

• sublimejhn
    replied
    KC are you saying that cops and dispatchers don't bed hop? If your dept. has NEVER had that then it is either VERY small or VERY religious. Sounds like it has occurred since you mentioned them being married. That's fine you don't see the joke, perhaps you don't have humor because it wasn't issued to you at your academy.
    I work closely and am friends with MANY of our dispatchers and they would joke right along side me on this.
    You can have the last word and generalize me as being pathetic.
    I laughed at the joke. Mostly because it's true.

Leave a comment:

• kcso
    replied
    That's fine you don't see the joke, perhaps you don't have humor because it wasn't issued to you at your academy.

Leave a comment:

• That Guy
    replied
    Not worked up, I just have very little tolerance for someone making generalized demeaning statements like that in a public forum.
    KC are you saying that cops and dispatchers don't bed hop? If your dept. has NEVER had that then it is either VERY small or VERY religious. Sounds like it has occurred since you mentioned them being married. That's fine you don't see the joke, perhaps you don't have humor because it wasn't issued to you at your academy.
    I work closely and am friends with MANY of our dispatchers and they would joke right along side me on this.
    You can have the last word and generalize me as being pathetic.

Leave a comment:

• kcso
    replied
    Originally posted by LA Copper View Post
    kcso, it was pretty obvious That Guy's post was supposed to be a joke, don't get so worked up. I have friends who are dispatchers on our job and still didn't take offense to it.

Leave a comment:

• crazynova
    replied
    Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
    In my career with LASD I never once had a complaint with our dispatchers. Our dispatch center was state of the art at the time. They covered over 20 stations and various units. There was always a supervisor on the dispatch floor to monitor the dispatchers. To me our dispatchers were the wonderful women and young men who made my job easier and always looked out for my welfare.
    That seems to be the general concensus here, too. They have a lot of dispatchers and call takers working at a time, and always have a couple supervisors on the floor. They don't at all complain about an officer doing their job either. At the same time, they have to go through an academy and have a failure rate that mirrors the police academy. They also don't have internet, TV, or radio available to them. There may be a few who are a tad slower or a little more harsh than others, but they still seem to get the job done.

Leave a comment:

• Retired96
    replied
    In my career with LASD I never once had a complaint with our dispatchers. Our dispatch center was state of the art at the time. They covered over 20 stations and various units. There was always a supervisor on the dispatch floor to monitor the dispatchers. To me our dispatchers were the wonderful women and young men who made my job easier and always looked out for my welfare.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5276 users online. 265 members and 5011 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X