300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dispatcher rant

Our dispatchers at our dept. have the worst attitudes I've ever encountered. They constanly cry and have bad attitudes when you ask them for something work related. God forbid you call in more than 3 stops per shift. I understand dispatching can be an extremely difficult job, although when I'm taking you away from the book you're reading up in communications or taking you away from updating your facebook account ... please don't cry because I'm making you work. Just because I'm not lazy doesn't mean you have to give me attitude when I want to work.

Kinda makes one wonder what the dispatchers have to say about you.

"Everytime I get to an interesting part in the book, "goodfella" has to call in a "T" stop. Dang, don't he ever do something other than that?"

They have their job and it is not without issues, just as you commented. Sorry that yours are not as efficient as ours. Oh, wait a minute, I think I mispoke!

Better to hold back than to forge the thin ice.........
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Dont feel bad, youre not alone, it's a widespread epidemic.

Comment

I understand where you are coming from. I too make quite a few traffic stops and sometimes have to call twice before an answer. I can understand if busy or in restroom, but when radio is quiet and it's a select few, it gets annoying.

And Heaven forbid if you ask for the DL to be faxed!!

Comment

I know the feeling, I ran 3 traffic stops back to back last night and when I called in the 3rd one she sounded a bit miffed. But in my defense I hadn't been dispatched on a call in an hour, and nothing went out on my beat during that time. It payed off too the 3rd one had 3 warrants with our city.

In their defense they may sound upset on the radio they never fail to do their job. They were quick to get my checks back to me, but maybe a little slow getting the confirmation back, but I blame that on crappy magistrates.
          "Rollin and Patrollin the Wild Wild West of Bham"

Comment

Just want to add my SUPPORT for my Division's Operational Communications Centre call takers, dispatchers and supervisor. Sometimes their foot will slip off the step-on-to-talk pedal, sometimes they forget to let me know that they heard my request-to-talk but are already busy on another call, and sometimes they even may sound cranky, but the last time I checked they were human, so sometimes defecation occurs. They tolerate me and generally restrict their laughing at me until after they have shut off the channel, so its all good.
            #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
            Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
            RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
            Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
            "Smile" - no!

Comment

mine think they are my supervisor..

IE: correcting my reports, telling me info does/doesnt need to be there..etc..
              In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

Originally posted by Mstangfk View Post
                mine think they are my supervisor..

IE: correcting my reports, telling me info does/doesnt need to be there..etc..
                Mine do not act as if they are my supervisor, but they do advise me on certain duties that they perform for me where I have to provide them information, such as CPIC entries of temporary (24 hr or 30 day) DL suspensions (either where the "client's" BAC was high enough for criminal charges, or merely above the Provincial DL suspension level for experienced (> 40 mg%) or learners / probationary / restricted (> 0) DL holders).

At most the discussion is whether or not my MWS-to-CAD text message is sufficient or I need to fax them the suspension form, or location of incident, or what other Agencies need to be notified of the entry.

I am continually amazed by the differences between Agencies and / or sides of the 49th parallel.
                #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                "Smile" - no!

Comment

deleted by author
                  Last edited by DCH; 10-18-2009, 12:24 AM. Reason: posted as a civilian... my apologies
                  Timelines:

CBPO
                  App: 2/12/09
                  Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                  Written: 2/20/09
                  NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                  TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                  App: 5/5/09
                  Geo: San Diego
                  Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                  NOR: 7/20/09
                  Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                  TO: 10/6/09
                  Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                  Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                  Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                  App: 8/17/10
                  Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                  TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

You guys need to start sleeping with them more, probably why they don't like you guys.
                    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

When my dispatchers get upset with me for doing my job, I do more of it. I'm serious, when they start to get upset and send me chat messages to stop running traffic, I start to do more traffic and I stop everything that moves. One night they got upset with me when I was running my DL and Plate checks over the radio because my MCT was acting up, they told me to cut it out....so I went to the busiest bar parking lot I could find and ran damn near every plate over the radio.

Their job is to assist you in doing yours and to assist the public by getting YOU there as quickly as possible.
                      Originally posted by K40
                      To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
                      ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Originally posted by PtlCop View Post
                        When my dispatchers get upset with me for doing my job, I do more of it. I'm serious, when they start to get upset and send me chat messages to stop running traffic, I start to do more traffic and I stop everything that moves. One night they got upset with me when I was running my DL and Plate checks over the radio because my MCT was acting up, they told me to cut it out....so I went to the busiest bar parking lot I could find and ran damn near every plate over the radio.

Their job is to assist you in doing yours and to assist the public by getting YOU there as quickly as possible.
                        We had one that would get real upset when you checked tags, buildings, etc. At that point, we'll start checking city streets, county roads, throw the sheriff's LP{ in there just for good measure.

Thanks to some of his other failings, he was fired this week. Woo!
                        sigpic
                        Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy View Post
                          You guys need to start sleeping with them more, probably why they don't like you guys.
                          ive never been nor will i ever be that intoxicated...or desperate.
                          In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy View Post
                            That's a pretty sh*tty attitude. There are more good dispatchers than bad ones and there are a lot of officers married to dispatchers who wouldn't appreciate that kind of stupid a*s remark. Don't forget it's a two way street and I'm sure they aren't too pleased when they get attitudes like yours over the air or when guys run stupid crap like the sheriff's LP just to be a d**K. I'm not a dispatcher, never was, but I do have respect for them even if they don't always return it.
                            sigpic

" 'Blessed are the Peacemakers', is, I suppose, to be understood in the other world, for in this one they are frequently cursed." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

i have respect for them when they do thier job, and vice versa.

where im at, i have no complaints about thier performance, but i get a little ****ed when they take it upon themselves to tell me what my job is, like telling me to write a report over a situation i know nothing about, or to change something in a report because they think (wrongly) that thier GED is as good as my college degree (honors) and they feel they must correct my grammer.

a couple of my dispatchers are awesome, and i let them know it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6350 users online. 349 members and 6001 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X