300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handcuff Holder Problems?

Im just curious to see if anyone else on here has the same problem i do, and if theres a solution to it. I currently carry two sets of handcuffs on me, one towards my back in an open cuff case and then one right up front that is hanging on one of those leather handcuff straps. This is currently my third leather strap and im getting fed up because my first two would just stop working after a while. Im not sure what the problem is, but i would no longer be able to push the strapbutton down and open it to retreave the handcuffs. Is there a way to prevent this? Or do these straps after time just stop working?

Alright i took a picture of the strap off my belt and im adding it incase people dont know what im talking about..

Last edited by NYPDxJx; 10-11-2009, 11:22 PM.
    "The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."
    Moliere

Just get a double handcuff case and put it up front. Better protection for the cuffs and it'll last. Plus, it looks a hell of a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by JKralC104 View Post
      Just get a double handcuff case and put it up front. Better protection for the cuffs and it'll last. Plus, it looks a hell of a lot better.
      Yeah another guy told me that too, but i have always been a fan of the strap. Not sure why though. Im just wondering if i have to keep opening and closing it to break it in or what
      Moliere

Comment

If you don't like a traditional closed case, think about something like this. You can still get to the cuffs quickly and easily if you want. And you can carry them upside down if you want to pull them down instead of up.

You will eventually grow out of the dangling cuffs thing.
        Attached Files

Comment

I tried the double cuff case and HATED it. Way too bulky.

I have cuff straps front and rear. I switched to the Safariland style that uses a beefy snap that looks more like a standard snap, not the weird one on that style. I had that before and had the same issue.

I grew into the cuff straps... I don't think I'll grow out of them.

my belt:
          Last edited by Resq14; 10-12-2009, 07:16 PM.
          All Gave Some - Some Gave All

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_14312_1475388990098_890","height":"65","title":"flower.gif","width":"72"}

Comment

I use the double case, but only because I was having a real estate problem. I don't even carry that much stuff but didn't have room for two seperate cuff cases. The doubles are super nice, I like 'em.

Comment

Are you authorized to wear a case type holder?

That may be a good solution to your issues.
              Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Originally posted by Resq14 View Post
                I tried the double cuff case and HATED it. Way too bulky.

I have cuff straps front and rear. I switched to the Safariland style that uses a beefy snap that looks more like a standard snap, not the weird one on that style. I had that before and had the same issue.

I grew into the cuff straps... I don't think I'll grow out of them.

my belt:
                Thanks for the pics from your belt and all. I will actually give this brand a try, i mean i got nothing to lose now anyways. Just curious though, is the button on that strap you got secured enough that it wont just pop open by itself and all?
                Moliere

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
                  Are you authorized to wear a case type holder?

That may be a good solution to your issues.
                  Yeah i can pretty much wear anytype of holder i want, It's just that im not really a fan of the one you got in the picture there. I use to wear that a few years ago when i first started out here and just didnt really care for it at all. I soon switched to the open cuff case and the strap and just have been really comftorable with both ever since.
                  Moliere

Comment

Originally posted by Jenners View Post
                    I use the double case, but only because I was having a real estate problem. I don't even carry that much stuff but didn't have room for two seperate cuff cases. The doubles are super nice, I like 'em.

You have a pic of the doubles that you use?
                    Moliere

Comment

issues i have with cuff straps.

the first two are tactical choices made due to me being a former Infantryman, bright and loud stuff gets you killed.

1. loud and clanky

2. reflective

3. easy to get lost in a fight

4. get caught on things

i will only ever use a covered or overmolded case like posted above with a snap..
                      In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

Originally posted by NYPDxJx View Post
                        Just curious though, is the button on that strap you got secured enough that it wont just pop open by itself and all?
                        My experience has been that it has never popped open by itself.

As for the issues above, my experiences: they are not noisy, we have reflective crap all over our uniforms, they are as secure as other gear is on my belt, and I've never gotten caught on anything before.

They're only make some noise if you're running... and my body makes a lot more noise running than my cuff straps do.

The straps allow me to position things where I want them because of their smaller profile... cases f-up how I like my belt arranged. With my current setup, I have nothing on my back aside from the flat glove case. I guess if I increased my pant size another 4-6" I could fit the cases back on.
                        Last edited by Resq14; 10-14-2009, 06:42 AM.
                        All Gave Some - Some Gave All

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_14312_1475388990098_890","height":"65","title":"flower.gif","width":"72"}

Comment

I like using a strap, but never in front. I have a covered case and an open top up front. the front open one is a "ready" set, for immediate use, the one in the covered case is an admin set, that is to say not primary.

Straps are noisy, depending on the cuffs, hinged or chain, allowing alot of movment , but also handy. its a trade. I prefer the open top cases, but I still use a strap on my basletweave belt, and a case on my nylon.

Get the Safariland strap. Better materials, and if you do your part, they will outlast your career.

_You might be better off placing the strap in the back and the case in the front.JMO

Comment

Try the Safariland mag cuff combo holder. It fits two mags and a set of cuffs behind them. Kind of bulky but I wear my taser in front of it and cant tell a difference. I also have the ASP cuffs that you have and they dont fit in any case I have, so I have a strap for them. I wear them on my back much like the ones you pictured. I use them as a back-up pair adn they usually double as a flashlight holder. The only negative I have with the strap is the cuffs are hard to retrieve when I need them and once I get them if I need to put them up for some reason in a hurry there is no place for them, and I end up having to use two hands.
                            Striving to create a world in which I am no longer needed. 1*

Comment

I just use one of my belt keepers in the rear for my cuff's. Gives me 2 snaps instead of 1,+ I have to have the keeper there anyway.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4303 users online. 273 members and 4030 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X