300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop Leg Holsters for Taser X26

I am thinking about buying one for duty use, Agency does not care how our Duty Gear is set up. I've been searching them and there are several made that look like they would work well. Only thing I am worried about is in the Winter here it gets darn cold, like -40 F sometimes, and having that x26 on drop-leg Holster would leave it exposed to the elements, as wear thermals and heavy cotton pants, not sure if that would break or screw up the x26 or not. Right now I got it on regular duty belt using tasers holster that came with it and it just does not feel natural when drawing it, and kind of uncomfortable in patrol unit because long camera that sticks out of it.

Suggestions please!
    "What the problem is?"

IMHO dude, I tried the drop leg and hated it. Esp with my 5.11's, it pretty much makes the cargo pocket useless.

Otherwise, makes my pant leg ride up, difficult to sit in the car (my taser has the little spot on the bottom for an extra cartridge, imagine it's the same as the TaserCam. Hits the center console. Just a pain in general, not for me...but thats me. Try the new Safariland taser holsters. They have low-rise also, I use low rise SL holster for my duty weapon.

http://copquest.com/23-series.htm#TA...TY%20HOLSTERS:
    Last edited by Blizzination; 10-10-2009, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Same situation here. We started out with the leg holsters a few years ago, and probably 98% of our guys have bought belt mounted holsters with their uniform allowance since.

The leg holsters absolutely sucked, and were cumbersome and uncomfortable. I was constantly adjusting mine, and could never get it right. You might think you have it adjusted right while standing up, and then you sit down in your car for a while, and it slides around on your leg and loosens up. There you go again having to adjust it over and over again, every day.

No need to be dealing with something tied to your leg all the time while in uniform, because that's what you'll be doing if you get one. You will constantly be screwing with it.

I would highly recommend you stay away from them. Good luck.

Comment

We have X26's and an M26 at our office here, with drop-leg holsters for both.

The older one for the M26 is super bulky and uncomfortable, and my pant leg slides up all the time which ends up uncomfortable.

The drop-leg holster for the X26 has rubber-ish grip stuff on the straps, which solves the pant leg problem. And the smaller size of the X26 makes the holster much less bulky.

I like the drop-leg holsters as they have the extra pouches for cartridges, plus they free up some room on your duty belt.

As far as cold weather, I've worn mine in -50c and drawn it with no issues.

One major issue with the drop-leg holsters is that there is usually some exposed (rough-side) velcro that wrecks the stripe on your duty pants.... at least until I electrical-taped the back of the holster where the velcro was exposed... and ordered some new pants lol

We all have police trucks here, so as far as comfort in the vehicle, we haven't had any issues.... I'm not sure how well they feel in the cars, though.
        Matt

Comment

Good topic and replies. I'll wait and try out the belt holster for the X26. We finally got 10, and 10 more are on the way.

Comment

On your belt, cross draw opposite side of gun.
            Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

Originally posted by leesrt View Post
              What type of holster do you use?

Comment

^ this

no excuse to ever get your gun and taser confused this way (think BART fiasco). mine is made by Bladetech and had an extra pouch for a new cartridge. they also make a Blackhawk Serpa that some of the guys use
                Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

So you are drawing it with your "gun" hand correct?....Not a fan of that at all.

Comment

yes, you draw it with your gun hand. whats not to be a fan of? im not a fan of having a gun in one hand and taser in the other. thats how accidents happen (sympathetic reactions). if youre using your taser you should be smart enough to have made the decision that this is not a deadly force situation. if it escalates who cares? drop the taser and pull your pistol.
                    Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

At my old agency 100% wool pants were required year round (yeah, I know). I used a drop leg holster provided by the department, which was basically a flexible durable nylon weave. It was sewed into form, but flexible. On one occasion I was downloading my gear from the car at the end of the shift when the taser discharged in the holster. The only thing I can think that caused it was a buildiup of static as the holster moved against the wool pants. I've tried different drop leg holsters but never liked them as much. Most recently I had a 'pocket' sewn into my jumpsuit fitted for the taser.
                      Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your work with excellence. ~Author Unknown

Comment

I currently use a safariland drop leg holster and love it, but it did take a while to get used to it. A couply of our guys had them and them went away from them so its all personal preference. As for how to carry the taser it needs to be on your off side but whether you cross draw or regular draw is all up to you. I can't stand the cross draw cause it just feels odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Narco View Post
                          yes, you draw it with your gun hand. whats not to be a fan of? im not a fan of having a gun in one hand and taser in the other. thats how accidents happen (sympathetic reactions). if youre using your taser you should be smart enough to have made the decision that this is not a deadly force situation. if it escalates who cares? drop the taser and pull your pistol.
                          Ask a million cops about tactics, and you are likely to get a million different answers...I always try to keep my strong (weapon) hand free. I already have two force options on my strong side. Tasers malfunction,...S**T happens. I want my right hand free. If I need to draw my weapon, or transition to a baton, or just flat out punch someone in the face.

I reserve my right hand for Weapon and Baton, left for O.C. and taser. I wear my taser on my right side cross draw. It would be EXTREMELY difficult to draw with my right hand, so there is not much danger of confusing it with my weapon.

I try not to even carry a cup of coffee, etc in my right hand.

Comment

Anyway I had a drop leg for my X-26. I hated it for all the reasons listed above. I have since bought a belt holster for it.

Comment

I am a detention officer in Arizona... I carry the X26 and the drop leg holster and I love it. Infront and behind my taser are two little buttons you can put extra stuff on. For instance mine is set up like this

taser in middle, two cartridge holders infront of taser, oc spray behind taser... Its comfortable and I love it. I am short (5'2) and it is just perfect if i need to drop anyone pretty quick.

ALSO, the drop leg holster can be pretty pricy as I bought mine for $130.00, Just somethin to keep in mind!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5520 users online. 307 members and 5213 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X