NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's official, Chevy Caprce to return to US market for police use...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm excited to drive one. Everyone at work is talking about them already. Our CV's are nice but GM needs a come back I think. I think they look alright but its how they perform is what makes the difference. As long as the seats are comfortable then I'm content.

I like Crown Vics alot but they really need more power. Even the brand new ones are anemic at best. All bark and no bite. They feel decent right off idle but they literally have no top end power. I dont know if its the 3:27 gearing or what but 120 and they're out of breath.

I liked the old caprices so much that I bought a 94 LT1 9C1 and modded the crap out of it. I bought every bolt on they made and that car ran a 12.9 @ 101mph. Thats not bad for a stock LT1 small block, that weighed 4200lbs empty.

Comment

Originally posted by crazynova View Post
      I don't get where anyone is saying the old Caprice was a good looking car and the new one is ugly. Personally I think the old Caprice was one of the ugliest cars ever made. It may have worked, but it was ugly.
      You're right, they're both ugly as hell.
      “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

Originally posted by kcso View Post
        It's fugly. Nothing like driving a police car with a combination hood/cow catcher.
        Thats not a cow catcher...

THIS is a cow catcher. ON a FWD vehicle no less
        I got nothing for now

Comment

I drive an 04 Impala right now that suits me fine. I like the CVPI for its durability. I would like to see how the new Caprice will hold up to hopping curbs and what not when getting around in urban areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Unit453 View Post

I liked the old caprices so much that I bought a 94 LT1 9C1 and modded the crap out of it. I bought every bolt on they made and that car ran a 12.9 @ 101mph. Thats not bad for a stock LT1 small block, that weighed 4200lbs empty.
            I'd like to have a '96 LT1 9C1 and keep it absolutely stock. If I had a choice of new vehicles, I would really like to try the E7 from Carbon Motors.
            Most people fail because they trade what they want MOST, for what they want at the MOMENT.

The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked, WHO can know it?
            -Jeremiah 17:9

Is it any surprise that cops don't trust anyone?

Comment

I saw the new Caprice on Wednesday. It will definitely require molded fiberglass seats in the rear. I don't think there was enough room to sit in the backseat with the cage in place.

I only looked at the Carbon Motors vehicle quickly because I would not consider recommending it before other agencies give it a successful try. I was surprised to see that it has suicide doors. I am not sure that is a good idea.
              Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

I have read recently that the shifter will not be moved to the steering column.

Fail.

Comment

Originally posted by 11b101abn View Post

Fail.
                  In that case, Chevy can pack sand.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                    I saw the new Caprice on Wednesday. It will definitely require molded fiberglass seats in the rear. I don't think there was enough room to sit in the backseat with the cage in place.
                    Originally posted by 11b101abn View Post
                    Would you expect anything more from a company that is run by "The All Mighty Obama"?
                    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                      Hopefully Ford keeps going with the crash proven CV because the anemic 281 is gone and there is a sweet new 302 replacing it.
                      Yes, crash proven. As long as I am able to push this button if I get rear ended, then I should be just fine. Otherwise....

sigpic

" 'Blessed are the Peacemakers', is, I suppose, to be understood in the other world, for in this one they are frequently cursed." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Yes, crash proven. As long as I am able to push this button if I get rear ended, then I should be just fine. Otherwise....

Here we go again with the "CV's catch fire too easily" crap. The only time you might need that button is because you are still alive after being rearended at highway speed where as in most other vehicles, you already be dead so it doesn't matter if the car is on fire.
                        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                          Here we go again with the "CV's catch fire too easily" crap. The only time you might need that button is because you are still alive after being rearended at highway speed where as in most other vehicles, you already be dead so it doesn't matter if the car is on fire.
                          Map? The only map I see is on sour toast and your happy gratitude gal. You'd think it's a trap, you'd think it tatters? True, the smell is glue? Dry shunt yugo bell, flat trap to fly nutties, fifty two lost bear was bent/farther when it was his turn to drive. Rafter netting near mended. Bake four incense comets in the oven!
                          Last edited by kcso; 10-26-2009, 05:09 PM.
                          sigpic

" 'Blessed are the Peacemakers', is, I suppose, to be understood in the other world, for in this one they are frequently cursed." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Crap? The only crap I see is your post and you crappy attitude, pal. You think it's crap, you don't think it matters? Who the hell are you? Why don't you go tell that crap to my buddies family who lost their husband/father when he was burned alive after getting rear ended. Take your insensitive comments and shove 'em! You make me sick.
                            You honestly need to tone it down a bit. In every thread you are berating, cocky, disrespectful, and condescending to everyone who disagrees with you. Please leave the attitude at the door when you are posting in threads.
                            In Memory of A Fallen Hero

Comment

Originally posted by JPSO Recruit View Post
                              You honestly need to tone it down a bit. In every thread you are berating, cocky, disrespectful, and condescending to everyone who disagrees with you. Please leave the attitude at the door when you are posting in threads.
                              Well now, that wasn't a very nice thing for you to say?
                              Last edited by kcso; 10-26-2009, 02:40 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4664 users online. 258 members and 4406 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X