300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• expired OC

I found a can that expired in 2001. What happens to the contents this far past the expiration?
    sigpic

Go spray someone and find out
    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Contents probably OK. Propellant not so much.
      The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeybomb View Post
        Contents probably OK. Propellant not so much.
        +1

I had one can decide to go "flat" on me one time. I had to almost use both thumbs to spray the blasted thing during a cell fight......................a big glob came out of the nozzle and hit one of the fighters square in the eye.

He went down like a ton of bricks.---------------didn't even have to decon the cell.
        My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
          +1

I had one can decide to go "flat" on me one time. I had to almost use both thumbs to spray the blasted thing during a cell fight......................a big glob came out of the nozzle and hit one of the fighters square in the eye.

He went down like a ton of bricks.---------------didn't even have to decon the cell.
          ok that is some funny stuff! lol
          What Is A Veteran?
          A 'Veteran,' whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve is 'someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Comment

Don't use expired items. They WILL fail. Return it to your agency for disposal and get new one.
            Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

It works wonders when the neighbors dog keeps crappin in your yard. . Thats about all I'd trust it for though.

Comment

is it worth your life for 15 bucks? Toss it in the garbage and buy a new one. I would hate to find out it didn't work when you have an aggressive subject and the oc didn't work.

Comment

After about 3 years, the contents undergo a radical chemical change. They will actually stop causing pain on contact with the eyes and begin to cause the most wonderful visual hallucinations. All women suddenly look like Angelina Jolie, only naked, and you are the King. Simply point at your face and inhale deeply while spraying.

Then let us know how that worked out for ya.
                  If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

On the same note, what do you do with the expired cans? We have an overflowing box of the dang things and nobody seems to know how to dispose of them. Throwing them in the trash is obviously a bad idea, as is incineration.
                    Any suggestions?
                    It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Take them to a safe area, check the wind and expel the contents (OC is biodegradable). Then you can throw the empty containers in the trash.
                      "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
                        Take them to a safe area, check the wind and expel the contents (OC is biodegradable). Then you can throw the empty containers in the trash.
                        That is a must.............................!

We use enough of the stuff that we normally don't have expired tubes.....

A friend of my has his own "range" set up on his property................we have been known to use mk=4 tube as targets when plinking with the .22
                        That is definitely NOT OSHA approved
                        My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                          A friend of my has his own "range" set up on his property................we have been known to use mk=4 tube as targets when plinking with the .22
                          That is definitely NOT OSHA approved
                          While it might not be OSHA approved, it does sound like fun!

When I was a kid, one of my first shooting experiences was "helping" my dad perforate a large picture tube from our defunct TV with a BB pistol. We "had to" shoot it up sufficiently (for "safety reasons") before placing it into the trash for collection. OSHA and a half a dozen other agencies would probably frown on that now too.
                          "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by The Pike View Post
                            On the same note, what do you do with the expired cans? We have an overflowing box of the dang things and nobody seems to know how to dispose of them. Throwing them in the trash is obviously a bad idea, as is incineration.
                            Any suggestions?
                            If you have a local police academy you could donate them. I used to be a chemical agent instructor and there were times when I wasn't sure if I was going to have enough to go around. When there is enough it is a good idea to let the cadets spray some at a target.
                            "The Scout Law is the foundation on which the whole of Scout training rests."
                            - Lord Baden-Powell of Gilwell

sigpic

Leaving Your Mark...is Overrated!!

Comment

[Post deleted by author.]
                              Last edited by RR_Security; 11-28-2009, 10:13 PM.
                              --
                              Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2924 users online. 165 members and 2759 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X