300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be careful what you post on FB - another reminder

http://www.officer.com/web/online/Top-News-Stories/NYPD-Officer-Charged-in-Fatal-DUI-Crash/1$48611

Read towards the bottom. Letting him be innocent until proven guilty, yet again another wake up call to be careful on what you post on your facebook and myspace pages. If he wasn't actually DWI and the open container was in fact a passengers drink and the accident was caused by poor road conditions etc. these "slogans" he put on his page dig his own grave. Be careful what you post people!

The purpose was to point out that what you post on your private facebook page usually isn't that "private", not to defend or condemn the actions of the officer.

Wow that is absolutely horrible. Some people are just idiots.

Saying things like that on FB is also not smart. Some of the guys around here have been complaining about the department on their pages and upper brass is none to happy about it....watch what is typed because people take it many different ways.
    " the only man who never makes a mistake is the man who never does anything." -Theodore Roosevelt

"Smart is when you believe only half of what you hear. Brilliant is when you know which half to believe." -Orben's Current Comedy

Comment

If you put it on the internet, it is there for the whole world and out there forever.

I do have a Facebook account but don't post such work tales. However, every so often (once or twice a year it seems) one of my listed "friends" posts about something that is a minor crime, although they don't see it that way. I don't take it up with them on the Facebook page. That's worth a call or visit, not a post on a web site.

I think some folks forget that "www" stands for "World Wide Web" You post it, it's out there.
      The opinions expressed here are from the individual only and do not represent the view of any agency that the poster may be affiliated with

Comment

I believe someone posted a link where a newspaper reported that driver's BAC was 0.0 and he stayed and performed CPR at the scene on the victim.

He did refuse a breathylizer at the scene however with the blood test coming back 0.0, I think it's irrelevant.

Although people must be smarter about what they put on their facebook, his drinking statement wasnt as bad as it's made out to be. I know a few cops who like to go out drink and have a good time (they also post some questionable drinking statements in jest on their facebook). Given this incident, lawyers can try to take it out of context but that's a separate issue.

I think the passenger officer who left the scene, is going to be in more trouble than the driver.

Very unfortunate incident.

Comment

that is terrible!!!

Comment

I've seen several post here on Officer.com today, by seasoned officers, that have the potential to come back and bite them down the road. Any GOOD defense attorney, with a little high-tech experience, can find just about everything you ever write on-line.
            Walking the line...all give some...some give all!

Comment

On his Facebook page, Downs lists the slogan: "DRINK UP LIFE IS TOO SHORT!!!" and cites his favorite music as "any music that makes me drink. Lol."
              In carachter.
              "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

The statement was on the passenger (Down's) Facebook page.

Try to pick the facts out of a sensationalized story.

1) A woman walked out into the street at night at mid-block to hail a cab.
                2) She was struck by a vehicle driving down the street.
                3) The driver of the vehicle immediately got out and rendered aid / CPR on the victim he had struck.
                4) The 3 passengers in the vehicle (including an off duty law enforcement officer) left the scene.
                5) The driver smelled of alcohol but refused to take a preliminary breath test.
                6) Later, blood was drawn from the officer and he was charged.
                7) The PASSENGERS facebook page had a statement on it about drinking (so what...).

Bad deal all around- but don't be taken in by the way the media has spun this story.
                ---Cut the red wire---

Comment

Likewise I too have seen things posted on these forums that could prove problematic for some officers should they ever be ascribed to them in open court. I signed up for FB after learning that a lot of good friends from the past are on it and it was the easiest way to connect with them. I have a standing rule that NOBODY from my agency has access to anything from my FB page, no friends added from work. Additionally I don't add anything to the page that I wouldn't want to end up in court.
                  Be dangerous, and unpredictable... and make a lot of noise. - John Bush, Anthrax

Comment

Hey you guys, what do you think about his posting from a UK Metropolitan Police officer!!!!

Assing about with a gun, and shooting a screaming Australian. I think too like this faceache material, booze has played it's part...

VIDEO 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbks-FvSFVs
                    VIDEO 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbxEDx5KIC4
                    VIDEO 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shVtaCOdSAQ
                    VIDEO 4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DapyrzsHmMs

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3831 users online. 145 members and 3686 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X