300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreenLine View Post

Though I think that's often very prudent, the other side to that story can be wasteful. For example, I know of a local agency near my last duty station that has 4 full-time officers and 4 reserve officers. After 9/11 and Katrina, they ended up with a "mobile command post" (an RV with more electronics than the space shuttle), a surveillance van, 3 new SUV's to 'replace' the other ones that were still pretty new, new laptops AND desktops (even though no one has "desks" to put 'em on), and enough hazmat gear to assault a chemical weapons plant. All courtesy of the federal government. Normally I wouldn't begrudge ANYONE getting some new gear, but when my agency can't even afford to replace a set of tires, that kinda chaps my hind parts.
    THATS EXACTLY WHY I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT!! I see and hear stories about my brothers across the country dealing with hand me downs, while we have more that we need. I love having great equipment, But sometimes it just feels like greed.
    Originally posted by GreenLine View Post
    Biggest wastes I see in the feds is the infamous "year end" money that gets wasted. Every September, someone figures out how much of the fiscal years' budget money we have left and devises some creative ways to get rid of it before October 1st, with the idea being that if you have money left over, you have to give it back. You also won't be able to justify any more money in the future because you didn't even use what you had in 200X.
    Bing-Freaking O (Not a fed)
    Last edited by 441A; 09-29-2009, 10:13 PM. Reason: Edited to Add im not a Fed
    NEVER TURN YOUR LIFE AROUND. Most people that do end up shot stabbed or maimed in other violent ways....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4725 users online. 267 members and 4458 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X