Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your agency do with officers in multiple OIS's?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    M-11
    One man Wolfpack

• M-11
    replied
    They'd probably give me 3 or 4 more pounds of trigger pull.

M-11

Leave a comment:

• ShantyIrish
    Sheepdog

• ShantyIrish
    replied
    If they're all good shoots, then nothing happens, no punitive transfer. Or, in actuality, you may be promoted or transferred to a good detail: k9, swat, narco...

if you are an active guy and continually prove yourself in DPF situations, by using sound judgement and proper tactics, then there will be rewards.

Leave a comment:

• andy5746
    Forum Member

• andy5746
    replied
    After your 5th, you get a toaster

Leave a comment:

• creolecop
    Forum Member

• creolecop
    replied
    We have the majority of our OIS guys on the SWAT team so I guess they go to the full time SWAT team, LOL!

Seriously thats a good question for me to ask at work. I have been in one, and came one more pound of trigger pressure away twice from having more. My closest came 7mo after my first and I was sooooo thankful that it ended without me firing a shot (would in a heartbeat if had to, not shy) because all I could think was how it would look after having 2 in a 7mo period. I figure if everything was good to go with the investigations then after 4 you'd probably be tranfered off the streets. Some kind of support function or at best theft detective, they wouldn't want you going after people with nothing to loose

Leave a comment:

• nobodyjr
    Forum Member

• What does your agency do with officers in multiple OIS's?

What does your agency do (if anything) to officers who have been involved in multiple shootings over their career. Generally here, after 4 or five shootings (sometimes even less) the officer is transferred. Usually to be an active detective or in some position hidden so they don't cause a stir in the media... and can't get into any more. This is no matter how justified the shootings were. We have maybe a half dozen officers on our large department involved in that many shootings.

Does your department do that? If so where do they send the officers?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5114 users online. 270 members and 4844 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X