Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your agency do with officers in multiple OIS's?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Narco View Post
    I don't see how some guys can get in multiple OIS's. Ive been going this going on 10 years in one of the largest metro areas around, worked SWAT, UC narcs, the worst areas of patrol and am a very aggressive/proactive officer and haven't had one yet. Had LOTS of close calls and been on scene of 2 fatal OIS but wasn't in a position to fire. Seems like some people are a magnet for this stuff and some aren't.
    Luck of the draw (I think...). Most of the time I have been lucky, and I have only had one (by the way, our department gives you 2 days to re-coup...then you are right back in the saddle). The guy I work with had three before he was on ten years. For one he happened to be off duty and standing next to a guy, right when that guy pulled a gun and killed another guy; for another a guy tried to jack his plain car; and the last one was a robbery that went down while he was in a store... He lived through all, so I can't decide if he is very lucky, or a jinx...
    Lighten up Francis!

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by BaldOldWhiteGuy View Post
      Luck of the draw (I think...). Most of the time I have been lucky, and I have only had one (by the way, our department gives you 2 days to re-coup...then you are right back in the saddle). The guy I work with had three before he was on ten years. For one he happened to be off duty and standing next to a guy, right when that guy pulled a gun and killed another guy; for another a guy tried to jack his plain car; and the last one was a robbery that went down while he was in a store... He lived through all, so I can't decide if he is very lucky, or a jinx...
      Damn i bet he has a hard time getting somone to go to dinner with him hes like a magnet
      Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man.
      -Ronald Reagan

      Heroes may not be braver than anyone else. They're just braver five minutes longer.
      -Ronald Reagan

      Big Mak Attack AKA Big Mac Attack

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by big mak attack View Post
        Damn i bet he has a hard time getting somone to go to dinner with him hes like a magnet
        Unfortunately, it is usually me... My wife made me start wearing a vest...
        Lighten up Francis!

        Comment


        • #34
          If they are cleared, you'll get promoted. Here, we have to be cleared by a jury. As soon as that happens, we are allowed to go back in service.
          www.darkwolfunderground.com/forum if you join you can see all the other good stuff on the forums. Do not enter if you are faint of heart-or don't like HARD training.... think.......strongman???

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by BaldOldWhiteGuy View Post
            Unfortunately, it is usually me... My wife made me start wearing a vest...
            Heh.....I had a radio car partner for awhile that had been hit 4-5 times by DUI drivers.......and he wondered why I INSISTED on driving.....

            Question.....if you put two crap magnets together, do we cancel each other out?
            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

            "Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

            "We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

            Comment

            MR300x250 Tablet

            Collapse

            What's Going On

            Collapse

            There are currently 2123 users online. 151 members and 1972 guests.

            Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

            Welcome Ad

            Collapse
            Working...
            X