300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for DUI pros

If an offender's last intact of alcohol was approximately 60 minutes before contact with the officer and (at the time of contact) the subject's AB level was .10, approximately how long would it take for an average suspect's BA to test at .00?

Thanks!
    "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
    If an offender's last intact of alcohol was approximately 60 minutes before contact with the officer and (at the time of contact) the subject's AB level was .10, approximately how long would it take for an average suspect's BA to test at .00?

Thanks!
    That will depend on the subject's weight, food intake prior to the consumption, metabolism, and any medical conditions they may have.
    Invisible Signature.......FAIL

Comment

The average person metabolizes alcohol at .015 grams per hour. So it's just simple math. It would would take that person approximately 6 hours 45 minutes from the time the test was given to reach .000

I'm not certified in reverse extrapolation but .015 is an average. Someone who is certified can take the person's height/weight/health status/ ect. and give a more accurate result.
      Last edited by POPE; 09-25-2009, 01:54 PM.

Comment

If we're talking strictly averages, 6 hours 45 minutes from the time they blew a .10. But as RDEP said, there are many factors that can push those numbers around a bit.
        \

Comment

Thanks for the assist!
          "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

0.15% is the generally accepted average for the dissipation of alcohol from the system. That's exclusive of any other factors such as size, weight, etc.

Comment

Im not a dwi guy by any means. Heck I forgot when I last did anything traffic related.. But can someone please post up the formula for this method of math?.

Thanks, I am a fail at math.
              Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
                Im not a dwi guy by any means. Heck I forgot when I last did anything traffic related.. But can someone please post up the formula for this method of math?.

Thanks, I am a fail at math.
                You want BAC to equal 0, and it takes X hours at a drop of .15 each hour. Remembering a little bit of how to balance out equations, you start with B -(X*.15) = 0

B -(X*.15)= 0
                add (X*.15) to both sides
                B = x*.15
                divide both sides by .15
                B/.15 = X
                is your final equation

B = starting BAC. Divide by .15 and the answer is the number of hours it will take for BAC to equal 0.
                I miss you, Dave.
                http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
                  You want BAC to equal 0, and it takes X hours at a drop of .15 each hour. Remembering a little bit of how to balance out equations, you start with B -(X*.15) = 0

B -(X*.15)= 0
                  add (X*.15) to both sides
                  B = x*.15
                  divide both sides by .15
                  B/.15 = X
                  is your final equation

B = starting BAC. Divide by .15 and the answer is the number of hours it will take for BAC to equal 0.
                  Change the .15 in the above formula to .015 and your good to go.
                  \

Comment

As SRT said...get rid of .15 and replace it with .015 and the formula is the standard.
                    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2661 users online. 134 members and 2527 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X