300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I work for a "3 letter agency"

i was reading another forum where some 1811's were saying they work for a "certain agency" or a "3 letter agency" etc and one says i work for a DoD entity that starts with an A and ends with an I- why not just say OSI? i understand if you choose not to say what agency you work for, but then why post at all? whats with all the cloak and dagger? saying your work for ICE or FBI or whatever isn't exactly like saying you work for CIA SAD or something- anyway, end of rant

Some people work for agencies where their bosses have nothing better to do than surf the net and try to catch them doing something wrong - like giving out questionable advice or stating contoversial opinions while simultaneously advertising who they work for.

I don't think it's cloak and dagger - just preserving your anonimity.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLine View Post
      Some people work for agencies where their bosses have nothing better to do than surf the net and try to catch them doing something wrong - like giving out questionable advice or stating contoversial opinions while simultaneously advertising who they work for.

Well put.
      I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLine View Post

Yeap....

That's why I have told folks to be careful what they post in the FAM thread..... FAM Supervisors and HQ FAM read that stuff daily....and folks have been whacked on the wee-wee for posting stuff....

Comment

AFOSI has 5 letters.

It wasn't me.

M-11
          “All men dream...... But not equally..
          Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
          but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
          for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

FAM FAM FAM FAM. There. That should hit the filter.
            Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

I guess it's better than working for IOU

Comment

It's not wise for anyone to put their agencies on here! It's open season today on having a personal opinion within a law enforcment agency. Just go into google and type "officer fired, myspace" or "officer fired, facebook". You will find page after page of cops losing their jobs over the very types of comments that are posted on Officer.com. Cover you own **s! No one else will!

Comment

I try to post with the thought in the back of my head that someone in my chain of command will read it and know it's me. I don't want to be disciplined (right or wrong) for my opinion.
                  At the same time, I don't want some goofy thing that I might say give my agency a black eye or give some nutjob in the public mud to sling at the boss.
                  "You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." -Lt. Col. Dave Grossman"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5719 users online. 330 members and 5389 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X