Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCIC and drivers history - how many years back does drivers history go?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCIC and drivers history - how many years back does drivers history go?

How many years back does drivers history go back?
    Last edited by ryker; 03-29-2012, 09:17 AM.
    Any views or opinions presented by this prenomen are solely those of a burlesque author and do not necessarily represent those of a LEA or caementum couturier.

nom de plume

This is the internet- take all information with a grain of salt. Such could be valid and true or could be typed just for playing devils advocate.

Things must have changed a bit since I retired. NCIC is a national file for Criminal records and not driver's license history. Driver history is typically maintained by your state DMV.

LEOs have access to certain criteria that is not available to the public when it comes to driver history.

Most DMVs maintain their records for the term of the issuance - lifelong. You can apply to your DMV for data way back.

Most employers and citizens can only get information for the past ten years.

Check with your department and see what ties they have with the DMV records.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

In Florida, I've seen tickets on our system as far back as the 80s.

Comment

DDS says a citizen can pay and get a 3 year or a 7 year report.
        Last edited by ryker; 03-29-2012, 09:17 AM.
        Any views or opinions presented by this prenomen are solely those of a burlesque author and do not necessarily represent those of a LEA or caementum couturier.

nom de plume

This is the internet- take all information with a grain of salt. Such could be valid and true or could be typed just for playing devils advocate.

Comment

Originally posted by ryker View Post
          My state DDS says a citizen can pay and get a 3 year or a 7 year report.

But when I run a drivers license though dispatch how far does it go back?
          Ask your dispatch..... Seriously each state is different. As Sgt said, it is not NCIC it is your DMV. It may be accessed through your NCIC terminal and thats where you are getting confused but it is not NCIC information. When I was a dispatcher in NJ driver history went back to the issuance of the drivers license, here in FL it also goes back a very long time. Ask a more senior officer they may know the answer for you.

Comment

Thanks for the help.

nom de plume

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3966 users online. 217 members and 3749 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X