300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Vehicle Light Opinions

I'm putting my Charger in service. I only drive 15 miles a day and it will get me paid and extra $500 after taxes every month. I have been shopping lights and have 2 very competitive quotes. I'm pretty sure of who I am going to go with but I will break down the quotes below:

1) Federal Legend Light Bar, Axixtech Commander 8 Head (for rear deck), two grill lights (Federal I think), Whelen Speaker (the only one that will mount behind my grill) and a Federal 6 switch control panel (a mini Cencom with a 3 position slider and 6 buttons). Installed I'm looking at around $2500 which is reasonable.

Here is the control panel

2) Whelen justice fully populated led lightbar alley and takedowns,Undercover siren/light remote with speaker, Brookings rear deck (dominator). I'm looking at around $2800 installed on this one.

I've never heard of Brookings but I have also never heard of Axixtech. I went and saw the first package today and boy were they bright. I attached a couple of videos so you can help me decide. I am leaning more towards the 1st package.

First the Whelen Light Bar:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F5DY...e=channel_page

And here is the Federal Legend:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0Hai...e=channel_page

And here is the Axixtech 8 Head
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMIvuB7oqrw

So give me a hand here guys.
    Federal Package
    39.39%
    Whelen Package
    60.61%

I see someone voted for Whelen...but why? I think the Federal looks a lot better. Any personal experiences or is that just preference?

Comment

Legend all the way. All our new vehicles have Legends and they are STUPID bright. It is ridiculous how bright they are.

Comment

IF you can handle doing your own install I would ask for advice on http://www.elightbars.org/ as to what to Purchase.
        "What the problem is?"

Comment

Originally posted by Red Swan View Post
          IF you can handle doing your own install I would ask for advice on http://www.elightbars.org/ as to what to Purchase.
          Thanks for the info but when it comes to electronics....not my gig. The guy who owns place is only charging me $200 for install so it's not that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by So Fla Cop
            I think the siren on Whelen is way to high pitch...it does not get you through traffic. The model I am talking about has the switch controls and hand mic on one handheld device.
            Just the speaker is Whelen, the siren control is Federal. I posted the pic above with the 6 button, 3 are going to be dedicated to siren. I don't need to get through traffic running code very often though, I'm a desk jockey tied into patrol.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, the profile says not sworn and you're in communications. Is this a personal vehicle or one that the department is issuing to you, and if you're not sworn and in communications why do you need lights and a siren?

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris View Post
                Just out of curiosity, the profile says not sworn and you're in communications. Is this a personal vehicle or one that the department is issuing to you, and if you're not sworn and in communications why do you need lights and a siren?
                I haven't updated it, been sworn since 2005. So which package would you go with? Yes it is a p.p.o.v. I am striping out and putting in service.

Comment

I think Whelen sirens sound better.

Comment

I gotcha. I'd probably go with Whelen. Is there policy saying that you have to have a top lightbar? If not, you could probably save a lot of money by just doing the interior lights, since you aren't going to be doing a lot of breaking intersections or running code.

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris View Post
                      I gotcha. I'd probably go with Whelen. Is there policy saying that you have to have a top lightbar? If not, you could probably save a lot of money by just doing the interior lights, since you aren't going to be doing a lot of breaking intersections or running code.
                      Because we are uniform we have to fall under the standards of "patrol" so I do have to have the top light bar. I wish I could get around that one LOL. I'm going to do the Whelen Siren but lightbar wise I am really liking the Legend. If anyone has seen it, that sucker is bright!

Comment

That Axixtech has a nice flash pattern, if it moved a bit quicker I'd go with that one just for the cool flash pattern. Other than that, I like our Whelen bars.
                        Originally posted by K40
                        To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
                        ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Whelen Led light bar, Federal siren

Comment

The Legend is the teats.

At first, I thoought that it was crappy, but I looked into it, and found it to be surprisingly flexable and versitile.

Comment

I must be missing something here. Why do you have to buy the vehicle equipment? Doesn't the department pay for that?
                              Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5635 users online. 345 members and 5290 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X