300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's jurisdiction for mattress tags?

If a mattress tag was removed by other than the consumer prior to sale, which federal agency's jurisdiction would this fall under?
    sigpic Bet they got a ticket for obstructing the rear window. God Bless America!

Probably ATF. They pile everything else underneath of them (alcohol, tobacco, firearms, exploseives...). What's one more initial in the acronym? BATFEM
    Invisible Signature.......FAIL

Comment

Originally posted by ujocka View Post
      If a mattress tag was removed by other than the consumer prior to sale, which federal agency's jurisdiction would this fall under?
      This can't be a serious question...? I cannot imagine, in my wildest dreams that anyone has ever been arrested or charged for selling a mattress with the tag removed. I also wouldn't think it'd fall under the jurisdiction of any of the actual law enforcement agencies (FBI, DEA, ATF, DHS, ICE, etc, etc). I'm assuming it'd be some sort of private entity, or some subsection under the Secretary of whatever the hell mattresses are covered under.
      Originally posted by K40
      To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
      ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Cpsc

Originally posted by ujocka View Post
        Consumer Product Safety Commission

Comment

It falls under the jurisdiction of the Inspector General of Household Furnishings, Special Mattress Safety Division. You may have also heard this position referred to as the IKEA Czar.

And beware the mattress tags, but you really don't want to get caught not using a pillow sham! If the IGHFSMSD doesn't get you, my wife will!
          Magistrate: "Do you have any other pending charges?"
          Drunk: "Well there's this thing where the cops said I spit blood on them."
          Me: "Wait a minute, that was me!"
          Drunk: "Oh... now you like me even less."

Comment

Mattress tags can be removed by the consumer and tags now carry the "except by the consumer" provision. The law was directed towards manufacturers and was enacted so consumers would know what their matress was made of.

Comment

Some of you left your sense of humor at home today, didn't you?
              sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

No smurf,

Judging by what has been posted lately, this was probably a real question.
                Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

Obviously, the OP is under cover(s) and is stymied by the writing thereon.

Call Homeland Security because this may be a coverup!!
                  Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

It falls under the mattress tag police. Cut it off and you WILL be sorry!
                    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by Outshined
                      I am really surprised at this question. This is all of our responsibilities as law enforcement officers. Sometimes with the really hard cases we will bring in the feebs or lack of intelligence agency, but we handle most by ourselves. I find the "mattress stripping" is mainly the work of open carry activists, and security guards. It is a heinous crime and deserves every ounce of your interest. Liberals like to "strip" mattresses of their tags and are quite good at it. It sometimes is hard to pin the crime on a liberal.
                      REALLY?

Huh...................every REAL COP know it falls under the jurisdiction of the Pillow Police
                      "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
                        It falls under the mattress tag police. Cut it off and you WILL be sorry!

The MTP, they come knocking on your door you got an as# kicking coming
                        "What the problem is?"

Comment

Call ICE, they will jump right on it and have another excuse not to deal with aliens
                          "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

Originally posted by yellowreef View Post
                            Call ICE, they will jump right on it and have another excuse not to deal with aliens

Comment

Originally posted by yellowreef View Post
                              LOL!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4790 users online. 248 members and 4542 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X