Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask A Cop.......Real answers from Real Police!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I have a different take on it. Sure there are some nut cases, & peopel who don't like the responses or try to rationalize their bad behavior,etc., etc. But the fact is most people have little if any contact with law enforcement or the judicial system until it's too late. That coupled with the fact the media presents such wild, ficticious images of LE & even the "reality" shows like "Cops" basically glorifies bad policing by friends of the shift/squad supervisor, why wouldn't the aveage civilian have questions. I'm not talking about the the usual "opencarry.org" loonies that like to bait & argue---I'm talking about the guy that really doesn't see the logic of DUI roadblocks or never thought about why officers utilize discretion instead of being a paper-pushing robot. These people are entitled & occassionally ask legitimate questions that should've been answered by their local officers at the time of their particular "problem".
    Now if you came from a "cop family" you probably grew up already knowing alot of what's asked. But if you're like me, who only had friends whose Father's were in LE & prior to my career & the Internet had to seek them out & ask questions this Site can be a good tool. For the LEOs here--think back before you came into LE & some of the "weird" pre-conceived ideas you had or what you didn't even know or think of & maybe cut some of these people some slack. If you don't like the question, don't answer it. Belittleing them or being sarcastic only re-affirms the idea they may have. You only need to be 2% smarter than what you're dealing with- and in some cases THAT really isn't hard.

Comment

Originally posted by hemicop View Post
      I guess I have a different take on it. Sure there are some nut cases, & peopel who don't like the responses or try to rationalize their bad behavior,etc., etc. But the fact is most people have little if any contact with law enforcement or the judicial system until it's too late. That coupled with the fact the media presents such wild, ficticious images of LE & even the "reality" shows like "Cops" basically glorifies bad policing by friends of the shift/squad supervisor, why wouldn't the aveage civilian have questions. I'm not talking about the the usual "opencarry.org" loonies that like to bait & argue---I'm talking about the guy that really doesn't see the logic of DUI roadblocks or never thought about why officers utilize discretion instead of being a paper-pushing robot. These people are entitled & occassionally ask legitimate questions that should've been answered by their local officers at the time of their particular "problem".
      Now if you came from a "cop family" you probably grew up already knowing alot of what's asked. But if you're like me, who only had friends whose Father's were in LE & prior to my career & the Internet had to seek them out & ask questions this Site can be a good tool. For the LEOs here--think back before you came into LE & some of the "weird" pre-conceived ideas you had or what you didn't even know or think of & maybe cut some of these people some slack. If you don't like the question, don't answer it. Belittleing them or being sarcastic only re-affirms the idea they may have. You only need to be 2% smarter than what you're dealing with- and in some cases THAT really isn't hard.
      Great thoughts, and very true. OTH, the OP asks a seemingly valid question, the forum makes an honest effort to answer the question truthfully, even tactfully. The OP is dissatisfied, and rags on an individual Officer, or the forum in general. When that happens, quite a few of us, including me, fire back. Justifiably so, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by usmcrob
        I got the same PM....as soon as I saw "I have a cousin who is interested in NYPD...." I was like....uh no. DELETE

I immediately responded and said post this in ASK A COP, so the flamming would begin.....LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Kimble View Post
          So did you guys hire him?
          Hire him; he's the new deputy chief.
          “Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
            Hire him; he's the new deputy chief.
            now THAT'S a knee slapper!!!
            It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
            Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

Yeah that forum is a waste of time, just tell'em pay up lol

Comment

RKT for president!
                Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2937 users online. 192 members and 2745 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X