300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruse

O.k....So I posted a thread about a ruse that I used that went wrong in the rookie section. Basically I went to serve a $1000 warrant for DUI at a house, told the guy to come to the door, and he said [email protected]# you. I told him to come to the door or I'm kicking it in. He said "DO IT!" Knowing I wasn't kicking the door in, I felt like a real idiot, and my FTO gave me hell all night. We left the house like idiots. What are some ruse's that you have used that are clever, worked, not worked, funny etc?

We went to a meth house to pick up a chick with a felony probation violation for...wait for it...possession of meth. We had no K9's working in our area that night, but it's known that this chick is deathly afraid of police dogs, for some unknown reason. I'd arrested her probably 3-4 times in the past, so I roll up first, as she's standing outside smoking. She promptly runs inside when she sees me. I knock, and am talking with her through the door. I explain that she needs to come outside, etc. She tells me to f*(k off. There happens to be an open (6 inches or so) window on the side of the house. My Sgt. goes around to that window and starts barking. Literally barking. I tell her that unless she comes outside, we're gonna release the K9 into the house without a leash or handler. She promptly opened the door and surrendered. Once she got outside, she wanted to see the dog. It was all I could do to tell her that the K9 officer had parked down the block and was already gone with a straight face.

Comment

Call for a tow truck and start hooking up their ride, they'll come a runnin
      Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by jhkcop View Post
        We went to a meth house to pick up a chick with a felony probation violation for...wait for it...possession of meth. We had no K9's working in our area that night, but it's known that this chick is deathly afraid of police dogs, for some unknown reason. I'd arrested her probably 3-4 times in the past, so I roll up first, as she's standing outside smoking. She promptly runs inside when she sees me. I knock, and am talking with her through the door. I explain that she needs to come outside, etc. She tells me to f*(k off. There happens to be an open (6 inches or so) window on the side of the house. My Sgt. goes around to that window and starts barking. Literally barking. I tell her that unless she comes outside, we're gonna release the K9 into the house without a leash or handler. She promptly opened the door and surrendered. Once she got outside, she wanted to see the dog. It was all I could do to tell her that the K9 officer had parked down the block and was already gone with a straight face.
        Be careful with that one. It will really **** off your K9 handlers.

Comment

You knew he was inside, so why didn't you kick in the door and get him?

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris View Post
            For a $1K DUI warrant? Where's the exigency in that?

Comment

...deleted...
              Last edited by SirLancelot; 09-18-2009, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Guys, do police tactics like this really need to be discussed in a forum that is viewable by anyone in the general public? Sure there's nothing "classified" about any of this, but why put this sort of information out to make it easier for bad people to get? Street gangs have websites now, so it's not like bad people aren't tech-savvy.

Just a thought.
                Last edited by Kimble; 09-18-2009, 01:46 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

We kick in warrants all the time, no matter how petty.

Kimble,

Every district, town, city.. whatever has their own rules and what not's when it comes down to it. I might not be able to kick in at whatever town he is a cop in, but I know I will kick it in here.
                  Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimble View Post
                    Guys, do police tactics like this really need to be discussed in a forum that is viewable by anyone in the general public? Sure there's nothing "classified" about any of this, but why put this sort of information out to make it easier for bad people to get? Street gangs have websites now, so it's not like bad people aren't tech-savvy.

Just a thought.
                    +1, you should've seen the thread where a guy posted LE sensitive material pertaining to an active DTO.

real smart...
                    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
                      Kimble,

Every district, town, city.. whatever has their own rules and what not's when it comes down to it. I might not be able to kick in at whatever town he is a cop in, but I know I will kick it in here.

Excuse my misunderstanding, but I'm not clear on what you mean, or how your statement above is related to my previous post.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris View Post
                        +1

Hot pursuit...plus warrant service where you've positively identified the wanted subject inside the house. Sounds like a good door kick to me.

Comment

Yeah...I'm from a small town, and I got approval from my SGT and my Chief. I just felt that it might bite me in the ***** later if it made it to court. There really wasn't any exigent circumstances, but it is definetly legal here.

Kimble- I definetly agree that we shouldn't give out info to the wrong team, I just thought that it could turn in to a funny thread. No harm intended.

Comment

Had a warrant on a guy once. Knocked on his door in the projects. He was like "who is it?". I said "UPS, got a package for you". He answered and was not happy with the package!

Comment

You guys can PM me, I do this full time have many fun ideas and stories to share

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5792 users online. 331 members and 5461 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X