300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Example of failure already

So other than Obama sending out billions in "stimulas money" over 300k of it going to inmates in prison at tax payers expense now he failed with this "cash for clunkers" trash because the dealers are not getting their money from the government on the supposed "guaranteed trade in loan value" so the dealerships are holding the title and tag information required to legally register a vehicle until they get their money from the government. Makes our job crazy hard. You pull over people with unregistered tags because the Liberal program hasn't paid up yet........and we are supposed to trust him with this government run health care bill????? Boy is this guy a one termer. Even the mornonic libs will kick him out.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Oh, give the guy a break...just kidding. I couldn't in good concious defend anything that man does like that. +1 Way to screw us with our pants on Dems!
    Invisible Signature.......FAIL

Comment

Obamaination supporters would say that you are a bit premature in judging his accomplishments (wait, he hasn't had any) thusfar.

They would encourage you to wait for the future improvements in his administration. That, I guess, would be the end of many cabinet members - whoops, a bit harsh.

Well, listen, it is not every day that we get the opportunity to watch a politician go down the drain with so many of his admiring crew.

Just because he cannot find one person in the nation to serve his agenda with a clear background, up-to-date tax records, concerns for the majority of the nation and open mindedness to positive change does not mean he is unfit for duty. Well, wait another minute, perhaps I misspoke or maybe you are not reading this in the manner I intended it to be read. No matter.....JUST THREE MORE YEARS!!!
      Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Three more years would be the ideal circumstance, however I think certain members of this country are stupid enough to vote for him again. This makes me recall a conversation I overheard at work. I was standing outside smoking when two women were talking about the recent election. One made the comment that she was glad that her vote finally counted for something. As much as I wanted to, I didn't speak. What's truly funny is that Arkansas' electoral votes went Republican and this liberal IDIOT thought that her individual vote helped elect this bigger IDIOT! Oh man, they do belong together.

Comment

Whenever the conversation rocks around to our current crop of "Hired Help" on Pennsylvania Ave, I recall Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner's comment to the Senate, that he "doesn't understand the Tax system" . Suppose you've just boarded a flight from L.A. to New York City. You're waiting on the tarmac, and then the pilot comes on the PA. "Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your Capt, Tim "Tailwind" Geithner speaking. I'd like to welcome you aboard our Fabulous Flyer run to New York. By the way, I don't know a d,,,,,,,,,,,med thing about airplanes, I'm a cab driver in West Hollywood". Moe, Curly, and Larry could do a better job of running the country. Kind of ironic, but we had to pass a stricter background check than most of these guys.

Comment

This is awesome, my gf is such a Democrat, I had to send her this link... She even wants a Toyota Prius... WTF? I'd get beat up at work if I showed up in one.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightshift va View Post
              So other than Obama sending out billions in "stimulas money" over 300k of it going to inmates in prison at tax payers expense now he failed with this "cash for clunkers" trash because the dealers are not getting their money from the government on the supposed "guaranteed trade in loan value" so the dealerships are holding the title and tag information required to legally register a vehicle until they get their money from the government. Makes our job crazy hard. You pull over people with unregistered tags because the Liberal program hasn't paid up yet........and we are supposed to trust him with this government run health care bill????? Boy is this guy a one termer. Even the mornonic libs will kick him out.
              You're a racist.....

Comment

Where did you come up with 300k going to inmates?

There is no dealership that is not giving registration to a purchaser of a new car who traded in a vehicle via the "cash for clunkers" program. Any one who is telling you otherwise is lying, and you should write a ticket for unregistered motor vehicle. There is no contigency of withholding a title and registration at the time of sale because of a government payback. Dealerships have always had a waiting time before getting their kickback from the automakers on new car sales. They don't wait until they get their factory rebate and/or kickback to process the title and registration.

Comment

Originally posted by tripledouble View Post
                  Where did you come up with 300k going to inmates?

There is no dealership that is not giving registration to a purchaser of a new car who traded in a vehicle via the "cash for clunkers" program. Any one who is telling you otherwise is lying, and you should write a ticket for unregistered motor vehicle. There is no contigency of withholding a title and registration at the time of sale because of a government payback. Dealerships have always had a waiting time before getting their kickback from the automakers on new car sales. They don't wait until they get their factory rebate and/or kickback to process the title and registration.
                  http://www.bostonherald.com/news/reg...&position=also
                  summer - winter - work

Comment

Right, because the Stimulus plan was wasn't approved by congress? So where's the outcry about our congress sending out the checks? or the repulicans who voted for the stimulus plan? Oh that's right, it's not nearly as fun to bash them.
                    Originally posted by K40
                    To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
                    ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

So other than Obama sending out billions in "stimulas money" over 300k of it going to inmates in prison at tax payers expense now he failed with this "cash for clunkers" trash because the dealers are not getting their money from the government ...
                      Well, let's take a look at this. As you said, the Boston Globe first reported the story. "However, 2,200 of the inmates who received checks got to keep them because, under the law, they were eligible" (emphasis mine) That leaves 1,700 out of 52,000,000 checks, about 0.003%. Most of these, says the Boston Globe, were sent back by the prisons.

As for Cash for Clunkers, I think it worked quite well, considering it was dumped in the lap of an agency that had never handled anything like it and that Congress tripled the size of the program after one week. The Detroit Free Press is reporting payments will be complete by the end of the month. Out of 690,000 transactions, however, I'm sure you'll find enough screw-ups to justify your finding of "failure". For me, success is the shiny new Ford in my driveway.

Comment

Originally posted by Seventy2002 View Post
                        Well, let's take a look at this. As you said, the Boston Globe first reported the story. "However, 2,200 of the inmates who received checks got to keep them because, under the law, they were eligible" (emphasis mine) That leaves 1,700 out of 52,000,000 checks, about 0.003%. Most of these, says the Boston Globe, were sent back by the prisons.

As for Cash for Clunkers, I think it worked quite well, considering it was dumped in the lap of an agency that had never handled anything like it and that Congress tripled the size of the program after one week. The Detroit Free Press is reporting payments will be complete by the end of the month. Out of 690,000 transactions, however, I'm sure you'll find enough screw-ups to justify your finding of "failure". For me, success is the shiny new Ford in my driveway.
                        1700 is still $425k...higher than the number he said.

Just sayin'.

Sounds more like a screwup on the prisons' or social security office's part than anything else, though.
                        summer - winter - work

Comment

Originally posted by Seventy2002 View Post

Now, now, lets not let silly things like facts or reality get in the way of the mindless Obama hating. This is much like the people who were saying he was getting rid of death benefits for law enforcement, when in fact he specifically said that all eligible for them, would get them...the agency simply took the excess money from the fund and used it elsewhere. Of course, those facts didn't stop the posters here from getting butthurt and ranting senselessly.
                          Originally posted by K40
                          To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
                          ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Whoa...double post.
                            Last edited by PtlCop; 09-09-2009, 02:12 AM.
                            Originally posted by K40

Comment

A local news station in Arkansas recently ran a story regarding the Cash for Clunkers scandall, err...program. They reported that out of 350 vehicles sold under the program last month at a particular dealership only two had been reimbursed as promised by the government. Seems like a small percent. Keep in mind that what the government doesn't pay for, YOU do! The money is still owed to the finance company. Now let's put this in a perspective some on this thread (won't say who) might understand. If I tell you I will send you a $500.00 welfare check and I only send you $2.50 would you still be defending your point of view? It's entirely moronic to defend a half-baked program that is backed by a dishonest government.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5873 users online. 346 members and 5527 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X