Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You pay my salary huh?

well....

#1. I also pay taxes, and probably more than you. So technically I pay my own salary, and as my own boss, i'm telling me I can do whatever I want to you.

but....

#2. If that doesn't fit into your mind,

lets just say there are 22,000 taxpayers in this county, and my salary happens to only be 22,000, so that would mean you contribute a dollar a year. By law, I cannot work for under 7.25 an hour so your dollar is falling well below legal standards. I demand you to pay back pay for the last 11 years as well as punitive damages for making me work for such little sum of money.

please contribute....

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Religion is flawed, because man is flawed.

Comment

As a reserve officer, I found that line about salary especially amusing.

If you work in Alabama, I am sure the salary is not enough, anyway.
      Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

When people tell me they pay taxes and therefore pay my salary, I usually reply sarcastically, "Yea, you mean sales tax!"

Comment

reach into your pocket, pull out a quarter, hand it to them and tell him/her: "Here is your contribution to my salary back, now shut up." The look on their face will be worth the chewing you get from your supervisor when they complain.
          Ut humiliter opinor

Comment

I recommend ignoring them.
            Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by ddurkof View Post
              reach into your pocket, pull out a quarter, hand it to them and tell him/her: "Here is your contribution to my salary back, now shut up." The look on their face will be worth the chewing you get from your supervisor when they complain.
              You're giving them way to much money back.
              But then again if they take it you may be able to charge them with refund fraud or something like that.
              Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
              President Ronald Reagan

All we ask is to be let alone.
              President Jefferson Davis

Comment

The next time a dope dealer tells me that, I'm going to have to agree with him. Then I'll tell them I'll sit out front and make sure now one robs them, speeds through their area, parks illegaly in front of their house and does not sell any dope in front of their house etc etc. After all I want to make sure they the "tax payers" get their tax dollars worth in "police protection".
                Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
                President Ronald Reagan

All we ask is to be let alone.
                President Jefferson Davis

Comment

Well, I guess I don't have that problem. VERY FEW of my.........ah.......clients are tax payers!

I do however remember the days from when I was a street officer!!!!!!!

Comment

The line I like is "I know the Sheriff!" probably because they don't pay taxes anyway.

If you get a refund each year does that mean we have to pay them back? lol

Comment

Yes Sir, you do indeed contribute tax dollars that help to pay my salary and right now, I'm doing EXACTLY what you pay me to do. If you're unhappy about this situation I suggest we debate about it in court. There's no judge here at the moment so we won't argue your case today. Sign here, press hard, there are five copies. Have a safe day.

Comment

1. Oh really? I didn't know they taxed welfare checks!

2. I know the Sheriff too! He signs my paycheck every two weeks!

3. You don't live in this county, so you don't pay our taxes. This one's on me!

Comment

I worked with a guy who drove a new Corvette. His license plate frame read "You pay my salary? Thanks !!!". Roll with the punches brothers, roll with the punches.
                          "The wicked flee when no man pursueth
                          but the righteous are bold as a lion"

Proverbs 28:1, inscription beneath NLEOM lion.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ddurkof View Post
                            I had a partner that did that!!! The guy was ****ing and moaning about all the taxes he had paid and how he needed better service. So my partner, who had actually did the research to figure out how much of the average person's taxes went to the police pay, pulled out a quarter and said, "well if your not satisfied, here's yout money back." The guy looked at the quarter, then looked at us and just walked off. Never complained....but he kept the quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                              I recommend ignoring them.
                              Where's the fun in that?
                              "I think it takes a particular coward to criticize procedures that you don't understand; particularly when they apply to places that you don't have the bravery to go" - Battalion Chief John Sullivan, FDNY

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch!" - Rev1

"If you reload like old people f@ck, then you need to be behind something that stops bullets." - Blackdog F4i

IGNORE = since9, justme001, opencarry, bsd13, asullivan, okjoe, Patrick Sander, CJ616

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5953 users online. 317 members and 5636 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X