300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock .45cal question

My department is going to the .45 cal and we are getting Glocks.
    I have a G-17 and have used it for nearly 15 years.
    I had the rear sight off set a tiny tiny bit to the left because I was shooting a little down and to the left. I shoot fine now but the new G 21 sf is off to the left, middle and upper left.
    I get night sights this or next week so I can have them adjust it a bit.

Anyone have thoughts comments etc on this?
    Anyone find similar issues with a new G lock?
    I got nothing for now

I have a G22, 23, and 30 all of mine seem to be dead on.

Comment

Originally posted by DARE_SUPPORTER View Post
      I have a G22, 23, and 30 all of mine seem to be dead on.
      Just what exactly are you trying to say?
      I got nothing for now

Comment

fine weapon, but ammo is expensive

Comment

We have the compensated 21's and they're great guns. I have big paws, some of the guys w smaller hands have a tougher time, but it works out. I haven't had a prob w the sights.
          It's better to be tried by twelve than carried by six...

Comment

Originally posted by e-man View Post
            I had the rear sight off set a tiny tiny bit to the left because I was shooting a little down and to the left.
            I had the same problem and had my sights adjusted slightly to the left also. I thought it was something wrong with the gun but it was operator error.

Comment

My Glock 21 was just fine, thank you.

My new department issues 22 (.40 cal.). Again, my sights are fine. But we had a guy who went from always shooting expert to multiple DQ's. He was ready to spit nickels he was so angry at himself for "losing his marksmanship skills." Then one day he's cleaning the gun and realizes something's not right, the sights are off...way off...he switched slides on the same lower frame and barrel and hit the ten ring throughout his course of fire.
              "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

My department is in the process of removing all Model 22's and 23's from service and switching those officers to their choice of the 17, 21, or 21 SF (I chose the 21SF). I shot my Model 22 for several years with no real problems. I never had any issues with my sights (Trijicon night sights).
                Anything worth shooting is worth shooting 3 or 4 times.

M-11

Comment

Originally posted by e-man View Post
                  Just what exactly are you trying to say?
                  I 'm saying out of 3 glocks that I own, the sights seem to be great, they shoot where I aim.

Comment

Don't move the sights on the weapon. Move the sights to your eyes. It sounds like you may have some grip and trigger control issues and it's not the sights. PM me, maybe I can help.

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum ( If you seek peace, prepare for war. )

Comment

FWIW, its not uncommon for a right hand shooter with a Glock to be off slightly to the left

Comment

I've been carrying the G21sf for about a year now, shoot better with it than the G22...no issues.
                        I agree with eeyore.
                        It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
                        Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

WOW.....changing weapons in THIS economy? That in itself is impressive, we are so broke, if we broke ours, they would probably re-issue us a sling and stones!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MesaParatrooper View Post
                            WOW.....changing weapons in THIS economy? That in itself is impressive, we are so broke, if we broke ours, they would probably re-issue us a sling and stones!!!
                            The department is NOT paying for these but allowing us to purchase at the cop discount and have it taken out of our paychecks for whatever lenght we desire, ZERO % financing, 26 paychecks over 1 year please. That'll be $19.00 a paycheck Plus, its a tax write off.

Oh and thanks for thje advice, I always assumed like a drummer, a good drummer can make ANY set sound good, a good shooter can make any gun shoot straight. i hope
                            I got nothing for now

Comment

Originally posted by MesaParatrooper View Post
                              Our agency just got new Glock 21 SFs to replace our 12 year old model 21s. The amazing thing was that Glock approached us and offered to trade out all of our used guns for brand new ones AT NO COST. Glock even threw in engraving the agency name on the slides of all the new guns.

I have no idea where the program came from- but we are getting 500 new guns with night sights and our agency name / badge engraved on the slide.
                              ---Cut the red wire---

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2183 users online. 135 members and 2048 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X