Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome First post Machine. You're going to do great here.

I see from your profile that you are "all about DT." That's good, beacuse you seem to want to pick a fight.

Take it easy, or just head to politics where unreasonable emotion is always in style.

PS: Ju Jitsu sucks.

Have the best day ever...

M-11
    Last edited by M-11; 03-23-2009, 08:34 PM. Reason: added the shot about ju jitsu, just to make it interesting...
    “All men dream...... But not equally..
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
    but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
    for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Personally I don't worry about how and why other people use their vacation/sick/comp time. It’s none of my business. If they are following agency policies on using time I just don't see the problem. If management doesn't like the rules then change the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Machine View Post
        Outstanding supervision. Instead of trying to lead troops, attempt to ding an evaluation. Every think that the guys who are avoiding coming to work, are sick of dealing with dingdongs like you?

How do you deal with this pattern Einstein? I work a 6/3. Any day that I may call in sick has a 66% chance of being in conjunction with a RDO or a weekend.

I bet the majority of troops with over 5 years on the job who become malingerers, do it after having repeated negative experience with you mopes who are supposed to be leading. The real venal thieves are you donks who make boss and then attempt to "lead" by (please pick up on the implied sarcasm) picking up on patterns.

How about talking to the guy and figuring out how many times he's been screwed over and taking care of him.
        Wow. How about knowing what you are talking about before making yourself look like a complete moron on a public board. oops....too late, you already did it.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by Smurfette
        Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
        Originally posted by DAL
        You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
          Of course I know the sick leave rules. And I notice a whole lot more than the line staff think I do. Actually most of the abusers don't care what I notice--------they could care less
          The rules are pretty strict but it is also necessary to be able to prove abuse. Every supervisor on here will tell you that it is not as easy as one might think its.
          Do I suspect abuse----------many times------------can it be proved so I don't it thrown back in my face when I discipline----------not so much.
          Oh yea----------as soon as I go out trying to catch the person-------------------the calls for IA RAT SQUAD start going out.
          If it doesn't bother you that a coworker is not pulling his/her weight and screwing his/her co-workers--------------------I guess it says a lot about you.
          Do your rules allow for medical checks? The guy calls off sick can you go to his house to make sure he's home sick? Yeah anyone can get a doctors note, but can they anticipate what time you'll be there. The guy takes off monday and tuesday, you do a med check on monday and he's not home but brings you a note dates tuesday.
          And who exactly is going to complain about you being a rat. You're supposedly a "supervisor" and your worried about that. The kids your supervising know whats going on with the sick time, you calling out the abuser is going to get you labeled rat?
          Go turn in your stripes.

About me no being bothered by someone else not carrying their weight, what exacty does it show about me?

Comment

I have the same problem. Mine is a Sgt who is my relief. I work 3rd and he is on 1st. Always sick,late,dogs sick or car won't start-anything and everything. Big fat gut. unshaven, will not wear body armor. In reality it is probably better that he doesn't show up 1/2 of the time A fine example for all.
            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I bet the majority of troops with over 5 years on the job who become malingerers, do it after having repeated negative experience with you mopes who are supposed to be leading.

The real venal thieves are you donks who make boss and then attempt to "lead" by (please pick up on the implied sarcasm) picking up on patterns.
              LOL, Great reply! You obviously know this from an "inside" view.

Didn't make it as a Cop Huh? Too bad, you were probably a Supervisors nightmare
              "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

There is some "poetic justice" some times, and I've seen it happen. It's rather similar to the "boy who cried wolf" one time to many. Had a troop who called in sick on a regular basis. He'd been counseled/disciplined for abuse of sick leave. Finally, he needed about a month of sick leave,(major surgery), and had to use annual/ and even some Leave without pay.

Comment

For the supervisors: document, document, document, document. Then when they screw up big you just open the file of shame.

Comment

Outstanding supervision. Instead of trying to lead troops, attempt to ding an evaluation. Every think that the guys who are avoiding coming to work, are sick of dealing with dingdongs like you?

How do you deal with this pattern Einstein? I work a 6/3. Any day that I may call in sick has a 66% chance of being in conjunction with a RDO or a weekend.

I bet the majority of troops with over 5 years on the job who become malingerers, do it after having repeated negative experience with you mopes who are supposed to be leading. The real venal thieves are you donks who make boss and then attempt to "lead" by (please pick up on the implied sarcasm) picking up on patterns.

How about talking to the guy and figuring out how many times he's been screwed over and taking care of him.
                    Wow. Nice first post. Now go take your meds.
                    Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3568 users online. 202 members and 3366 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X