Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the dumbest thing your dept. has done?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the dumbest thing your dept. has done?

Not to start too much mess, but what's the biggest "duh!" moment your department has done?

Years ago, early in the AIDS worries, our dept. gave us some big puncture resistant gloves to search people with. They looked like big dishwashing gloves and were "puncture resistant" to prevent needle sticks while searching prisoners.

They came stapled together.

Just one?
    Do your best, do what is right

Comment

in the late 90's the used Chevy Luminas as patrol cars and put Recaro racing seats in them (uncomfortable!)
      Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

They made us practice shooting blindfolded in the event we lost our vision. The bad thing is, after being blindfolded, they spun us in a circle about ten times then we had to pull our guns out and shoot.
        Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Just kidding. I couldn't think of anything so I made something up.
          Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Originally posted by pujolsfan146 View Post
            Just kidding. I couldn't think of anything so I made something up.
            Wow-had me worried for a minute!
            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Our department makes us put 6 rounds into our semi automatic shen we qualify just in case the one or two deputies with revolvers show up.

I did not make that up.

Comment

Originally posted by jswwjw View Post
                Our department makes us put 6 rounds into our semi automatic shen we qualify just in case the one or two deputies with revolvers show up.

I did not make that up.
                So I'm assuming that combat reloading and administrative reloading are not practiced.

The politicians here put a corrupt inept a-hole in the Chief's spot.
                If I could keep one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I could ease one life the aching or cool one pain; or lift a fainting robin unto it's nest again, I shall not live in vain. Emily Dickinson
                www.samanthafund.com

Comment

Let's see ---- using FWD cars for Patrol, using Tahoes for urban Patrol (Gas hogs!), using Crown vics as Patrol cars (fire bombs!!!), appointing Chiefs exclusivly from within the Dept (there WERE better aplicants), initiating a "discipline matrix" for officers that they inconsistently applied to supervisors, allow officers with 2yrs (total) on to be FTOs, require college for a Sgt. exam, require detective certification for all specialty assignments, adoptede a No Pursuit policy, allowed citizens to file complaints against officers anonymously..how much more do you want?

Comment

Mine made me a Detective...
                    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

dont know where to begin

Comment

The list is VERY long, starting with letting Chief Bayan Lewis and Bureau Chief John White leave....then they promoted me.....

A shorter list would be what have they done right.
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by Smurfette
                        Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                        Originally posted by DAL
                        You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Giving up the dispatchers to IT..thus making them ComIT......nothing but trouble

Comment

Let's see....hmmm....where to start....

Comment

They made me an academy instructor.

Suckers...

M-11
                              “All men dream...... But not equally..
                              Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                              but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                              for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8720 users online. 408 members and 8312 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X