Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you arrest me?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Fugitive Hunter View Post
    Check out the officers killed and injured in 2007..Most of them were from gunfire. Oakland last week..Pittsburgh this week..its time to wake up. I know here in AZ, Glendale and Phoenix lost several officers to gun fire from traffic stops last year and the year before. One of the perps was an illegal aliens.The gang banging thugs are killing us not the average joe driving home from the sports bar after having two or three beers. I guess its the small town or traffic cop mentality on here. I think alot of these guys have never pulled over a real criminal and wouldnt know what to look for if they did. They are just on a power trip and into hammering cops instead of bad guys because they dont know what to look for. Well these people are mobile and traveling in vehicles are all over the place, even in your nice suburban little town. Hint if the guy has spider webs tattoos on his head or tear drop tattoos on his eye, you might want to pull him out of the car and have a conversation.
    Sure, right now, but if you look at the overall numbers, traffic kills a ton of cops.
    Space for rent .........

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Fugitive Hunter View Post
      Check out the officers killed and injured in 2007..Most of them were from gunfire. Oakland last week..Pittsburgh this week..its time to wake up. I know here in AZ, Glendale and Phoenix lost several officers to gun fire from traffic stops last year and the year before. One of the perps was an illegal aliens.The gang banging thugs are killing us not the average joe driving home from the sports bar after having two or three beers. I guess its the small town or traffic cop mentality on here. I think alot of these guys have never pulled over a real criminal and wouldnt know what to look for if they did. They are just on a power trip and into hammering cops instead of bad guys because they dont know what to look for. Well these people are mobile and traveling in vehicles are all over the place, even in your nice suburban little town. Hint if the guy has spider webs tattoos on his head or tear drop tattoos on his eye, you might want to pull him out of the car and have a conversation.
      Aaaahhhh .... and we get to this point. "REAL COPS." Do us all a favour and look at all of the threads based on big cops vs county cops. You talk about brothers in blue, but really you don't feel quite that way.
      Space for rent .........

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Boyle176
        Scratch, congratulations on being everything that is wrong with law enforcement. I am a better police officer than you. period. You literally think that someone driving drunk is the same as someone who will kill you in cold blood? There is a reason driving drunk is a misdemeanor and murder is a felony. Its funny how you play it off like oh mr big bad super cop". Thats because you don't do sh** with your career. When was the last time you arrested one of americas most wanted? when was the last time you put together a syndicate case as a patrol officer and sentenced people to 11+ years in prison. When was the last time your agency had more than one officer killed in the line of duty in a year? when was the last time you had 15 calls holding in your beat and 8 of them involved guns. Your small town policing attitude is a disgrace to those of us that do REAL police work in REAL cities. If i gave you one day in phoenix I fully believe you would literally sh** yourself. When you go home after shift do you really feel you've made the community a better place because you spent hours booking a person who most likely is extremely hard working by day and has a family to support, only to have them be tied up in court endlessly for years until eventually they are fined a hefty some of money and do little or no jail time, all over a MISDEMEANOR! Would you do the same thing for a shoplifter? How about a criminal speeder? Look, I come from a town in michigan of 20,000 people and 5 square miles, they have a police department of 30 officers. All of the officers are good guys, and they mean well, but they will never have the understanding of what its like to work where i work. There hasn't been a homicide there in 3 years. There has NEVER been an officer involved shooting, or an officer killed in the line of duty. They are still brothers to me, just like you guys are, but you just don't get it. Maybe it is important to you to make DUI arrests because you don't have much else to do and that is a major problem in your community. However, in my community its secondary to the hundreds of homicides we have yearly, the 75,000 documented gang members, the hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants, the tens of thousands of armed robberies, non life threatening shootings and stabbings, and all of the other crimes we have going on. Maybe if your shift consists of three calls for service, a few civil tickets, and a dui, then I can see how that becomes important to you. However, when you work where I work you just simply don't have the time to focus on a misdemeanor crime, let alone be arresting other police officers for it. Read the sample conversation I posted above between two officers, one who saves the other guys a** one night and then he turns around and arrests him for a DUI the very next night. If you truly believe that arresting another police officer for DUI is the right thing to do, then I ask and encourage you to reply directly to the example story that I gave above. Tell me how that would make you feel, and how you think thats ok. Instead of making your own points, reply to my specific example with a specific reasoning of why you think thats appropriate, and maybe you'll change my mind.
        I think by most standards I'm a small town cop, and yet I think this is the best post in this thread. It put things in perspective in a way that I could not... with the experience and street cred to back it up.

        Originally posted by Magic Matt View Post
        No one is suggesting letting him/her drive away…

        NO ONE HAS SUJESTED WHAT YOU ARE SAYING…

        WTF can’t you read or do you have other issues.

        Then you’re so much of a p*ssy you dump this on your supervisor, you can’t man up and make this call on your own!
        +1 on all counts.
        Last edited by Resq14; 04-05-2009, 07:58 PM.
        All Gave Some - Some Gave All

        {"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_14312_1475388990098_890","height":"65","title":"flower.gif","width":"72"}

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
          Perhaps. I didn't really have a conclusion, just something to think about.

          Something else to think about: For those who've decided they'd hook our hypothetical cop for DUI,
          • does it matter if he's on your department?
          • Your district?
          • Would you hook your beat partner?
          • Would you hook your beat partner's wife?
          • Would you hook your captain's daughter?
          • No
          • No
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes


          But where I work, we don't put our fellow officers in that spot. I have never done so, never took the chance. The guys here with me won't do it either as far as I know. We've had the rare one before that would ... and did ... and now they are gone ... probably making more money too.

          That's OK, don't want a beat, shift, or other partner with an alcohol problem. I prefer those I can trust.
          "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

          "Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

          >>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

          Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Boyle176
            Read the sample conversation I posted above between two officers, one who saves the other guys a** one night and then he turns around and arrests him for a DUI the very next night. If you truly believe that arresting another police officer for DUI is the right thing to do, then I ask and encourage you to reply directly to the example story that I gave above.
            Sure ... it's a made up story. You made it up.

            Assuming it maybe happens to me next week, who are you to say I'm not doing him a huge favor arresting him and giving him real reason to turn his life around for the first time in the 25 years of his chronic alcoholism. Yeah, he saved my butt one time, but how about those other times when he slacked off calls because he was too sick from a hangover to respond and officers had to forgo his backup? How about the night old Joey had to work midnight alone because he couldn't work and old Joey got hurt by those three POSs who jumped him on that traffic stop?

            See, I can make stuff up too.

            Bottom line ... truth? DUIs go to take a test, or refuse, and then we go see the magistrate.
            "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

            "Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

            >>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

            Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

            Comment


            • I wouldn't post what I'd do.

              And I wouldn't criticize another officer in his decision to arrest/not arrest either. Everyone has their reasons for taking the action that they determine at that time to be the best action.

              A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

              It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

              Comment


              • "Its funny how you play it off like oh mr big bad super cop". Thats because you don't do sh** with your career. When was the last time you arrested one of americas most wanted? when was the last time you put together a syndicate case as a patrol officer and sentenced people to 11+ years in prison. When was the last time your agency had more than one officer killed in the line of duty in a year? when was the last time you had 15 calls holding in your beat and 8 of them involved guns. Your small town policing attitude is a disgrace to those of us that do REAL police work in REAL cities"
                ----
                All I can say is HOOOOLY $hit BOYS! We got us a REAL LIVE HERO in our midst! Damned Boyle176, thanks for taking time from your BIG CITY POLEECE career to come educated us backwoods redneck dummies! Hey, Hey, tell us about that time you done locked up that there one big ole bad guy on one o' dem FEDERALE charges! Dude, YOU are the problem with law enforcement. Anybody who starts their post with "I am a better officer, period" has got a MAJOR ATTITUDE problem. I just so happen to agree with your assessment of the whole DUI issue, but your ATTITUDE is a disgrace, period, end of story. That has to be, hands down, the most arrogant post I have seen on here, and that's friggin saying something. I really can't believe someone who is a cop would ACTUALLY put words like that on a public forum. My jaw literally dropped at the level of self-important crap that spilled from your keyboard. You are really putting down smaller town cops for ENFORCING THE LAW, just because you work in Phoenix and there is a high amount of CFS? WOW, is all I can say... WOW.
                Last edited by Georgetime; 04-06-2009, 07:49 AM.
                Be dangerous, and unpredictable... and make a lot of noise. - John Bush, Anthrax

                Comment


                • t150v, so everyone who drinks has an alcohol problem is what you are saying. Everyone who has drank and drove has an alcohol problem? So I have two beers while watching a game..I am a very big guy and I am not intoxicated and I drive home,,I have an alcohol problem? How about the guy who goes out and gets drunk because he went through a bitter nasty divorce but has never hit the sauce before does he have an alcohol problem..suppose he went out and got hammered one night and never touched booze again for a year,,is that an alcohol problems..sounds like you are trying to apply some kind of southern baptist christian morals to policing.

                  Comment


                  • Originally Posted by Boyle176
                    Scratch, congratulations on being everything that is wrong with law enforcement. I am a better police officer than you. period. You literally think that someone driving drunk is the same as someone who will kill you in cold blood? There is a reason driving drunk is a misdemeanor and murder is a felony. Its funny how you play it off like oh mr big bad super cop". Thats because you don't do sh** with your career. When was the last time you arrested one of americas most wanted? when was the last time you put together a syndicate case as a patrol officer and sentenced people to 11+ years in prison. When was the last time your agency had more than one officer killed in the line of duty in a year? when was the last time you had 15 calls holding in your beat and 8 of them involved guns. Your small town policing attitude is a disgrace to those of us that do REAL police work in REAL cities. If i gave you one day in phoenix I fully believe you would literally sh** yourself. When you go home after shift do you really feel you've made the community a better place because you spent hours booking a person who most likely is extremely hard working by day and has a family to support, only to have them be tied up in court endlessly for years until eventually they are fined a hefty some of money and do little or no jail time, all over a MISDEMEANOR! Would you do the same thing for a shoplifter? How about a criminal speeder? Look, I come from a town in michigan of 20,000 people and 5 square miles, they have a police department of 30 officers. All of the officers are good guys, and they mean well, but they will never have the understanding of what its like to work where i work. There hasn't been a homicide there in 3 years. There has NEVER been an officer involved shooting, or an officer killed in the line of duty. They are still brothers to me, just like you guys are, but you just don't get it. Maybe it is important to you to make DUI arrests because you don't have much else to do and that is a major problem in your community. However, in my community its secondary to the hundreds of homicides we have yearly, the 75,000 documented gang members, the hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants, the tens of thousands of armed robberies, non life threatening shootings and stabbings, and all of the other crimes we have going on. Maybe if your shift consists of three calls for service, a few civil tickets, and a dui, then I can see how that becomes important to you. However, when you work where I work you just simply don't have the time to focus on a misdemeanor crime, let alone be arresting other police officers for it. Read the sample conversation I posted above between two officers, one who saves the other guys a** one night and then he turns around and arrests him for a DUI the very next night. If you truly believe that arresting another police officer for DUI is the right thing to do, then I ask and encourage you to reply directly to the example story that I gave above. Tell me how that would make you feel, and how you think thats ok. Instead of making your own points, reply to my specific example with a specific reasoning of why you think thats appropriate, and maybe you'll change my mind.
                    Originally posted by Resq14 View Post
                    I think by most standards I'm a small town cop, and yet I think this is the best post in this thread. It put things in perspective in a way that I could not... with the experience and street cred to back it up.



                    +1 on all counts.
                    First off, let me say that boyle, you are a ******. PEOPLE LIKE YOU are why there is no real brotherhood. YOU think that YOU are better than the rest. YOU think that YOU are a big bad @ss cop. You are a ******.

                    I throw dealers in jail, I have arrested murder suspects, I have gone to the sound of guns. In our "town" we have shootings all the time, large amounts of dope is recovered everyday (last year there was a 15 million dollar or so bust that was supplying our city), etc etc. It is nothing for calls to be holding 20 deep in our city and for dispatch to ask for someone to get off their assault call to go to another shooting. Officer involved shooting? Take your pick - we have them all the time.

                    It is this "I am a real police officer instead of you all" mentality that makes me know that I am right on this issue.

                    You see, the cases that you work in which someone is shot DEAD has no more significance over a trooper working a fatality to those who are left without a father/mother/brother/sister/kid/police partner.
                    YOU (******) tell the wife of a cop killed by a DUI that it was just due to someone's misdemeanor actions. YOU (******) tell that officer's wife that YOU let that DUI driver go without arresting them, b/c it was no big deal.

                    You see, YOU are the one on your high horse. I am not saying that I believe everyone should be forced to take every DUI driver to jail. But you can just ease up on telling me that I have no discretion in taking my DUI to jail, b/c I will - each and every time. If it involves a police officer, I WILL. You have made it clear to me more than ever - cop or not, DUI - you are going to jail. B/c there is no difference b/w a guy shooting a gun at random and a DUI.
                    Last edited by scratched13; 04-06-2009, 12:26 PM.
                    Space for rent .........

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Fugitive Hunter View Post
                      t150v, so everyone who drinks has an alcohol problem is what you are saying. Everyone who has drank and drove has an alcohol problem? So I have two beers while watching a game..I am a very big guy and I am not intoxicated and I drive home,,I have an alcohol problem? How about the guy who goes out and gets drunk because he went through a bitter nasty divorce but has never hit the sauce before does he have an alcohol problem..suppose he went out and got hammered one night and never touched booze again for a year,,is that an alcohol problems..sounds like you are trying to apply some kind of southern baptist christian morals to policing.
                      So - by your "logic" - a person who starts shooting a gun off downtown after a bitter divorce REALLY doesn't have an issue with anger, does he? You're right, he should just get a ride home since he wasn't AIMING at anyone in particular.
                      Space for rent .........

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Georgetime View Post
                        That has to be, hands down, the most arrogant post I have seen on here, and that's friggin saying something.
                        +1
                        I'm not saying my priorities wouldn't change if I lived in a war zone, but yeah, that's friggin' arrogant.
                        The DA/SA handgun: A NAZI solution to a problem that didn't exist!

                        Comment


                        • More deleted posts...
                          All Gave Some - Some Gave All

                          {"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_14312_1475388990098_890","height":"65","title":"flower.gif","width":"72"}

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Resq14 View Post
                            More deleted posts...
                            Our brothers and sisters can get rather excited on issues, then reconsider things once they calm down, understandable really since we have to control our emotions so rigidly while on the job, here they can let things out… Thank God for that, and it can be rather amusing at the same time.
                            Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

                            Comment


                            • You can probably tell by my name what I would do. If you don't believe in what you were hired to do then you shouldn't be in Law Enforcement. If you make the decision to drink that extra beer or 6 and get behind the wheel you obviously don't truely believe in enforcing DUI/DWI laws and I'll be happy to give you a jump start on finding a new carrier.

                              ...and if you are a cop and fail FST's then you are truely impaired...you should know the drill anyways.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Fugitive Hunter
                                t150v, so everyone who drinks has an alcohol problem is what you are saying. Everyone who has drank and drove has an alcohol problem? So I have two beers while watching a game..I am a very big guy and I am not intoxicated and I drive home,,I have an alcohol problem?
                                Doesn't sound like it unless it was only two you had before reading my posts? If two beers interfear with your ability to comprehend my written words, maybe two is too many for you? You have grossly misrepresented my words, I assume no malice, so it must be your comprehension. In either case, two beers is hardly enough to get the average adult anywhere near "Under the Influence" as contemplated by any DUI statutes that I'm aware of unless you are under 21 or a commercial motor vehicle operator.
                                Originally posted by Fugitive Hunter
                                How about the guy who goes out and gets drunk because he went through a bitter nasty divorce but has never hit the sauce before does he have an alcohol problem..suppose he went out and got hammered one night and never touched booze again for a year,,is that an alcohol problems..sounds like you are trying to apply some kind of southern baptist christian morals to policing.
                                No problem when he get's hammered and stays in his home or in the bar or someone else drives him back and forth.
                                If he get's arrested for driving a vehicle on a highway while under the influence, ie: "DUI" ... I'ld say that he now has an "alcohol problem". What would you call it?

                                Not my morals, it's simply law. If I catch him hammered and he was driving, I'll show no compassion. I don't care if it's the first and so far only time ... or if it's his 1,284th time ... as I have no way of knowing. I'll just go through the steps and be thankful I stopped him before he maimed or killed some innocents.

                                I don't care if you get hammered. I don't care if my shift partners get hammered off duty either ... as long as they don't drive hammered or show up working hammered.

                                What was so hard to understand?
                                "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

                                "Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

                                >>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

                                Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4101 users online. 244 members and 3857 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X