Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG! Who voted to contact their supervisor to ask for advice?
    The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

Originally posted by PO2U
      I could not agree with you more. A police officer does have a whole lot more to lose than "Joe Six-pack." However, I believe we still come to different conclusions.
      Perhaps. I didn't really have a conclusion, just something to think about.

Something else to think about: For those who've decided they'd hook our hypothetical cop for DUI, does it matter if he's on your department? Your district? Would you hook your beat partner?
      Would you hook your beat partner's wife?
      Would you hook your captain's daughter?
      I miss you, Dave.
      http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

I couldn't do it.

If its a simple DUI, the cop gets brushed off and I find him/her a ride home. The only circumstance I would make the arrest if the DUI Officer is involved in a crash and I am ordered by a supervisor.

I guess I'm "old school" for a young cop. I trust my brothers/sisters in blue with my life so because of that, I believe in professional courtesy. Nothing tells me I have to arrest for a DUI. I've given breaks to civilians in the past so I don't have a problem justifying letting a cop off the hook.

Comment

Negative, send on way with either taxi or DD.

Comment

Originally posted by Fugitive Hunter View Post
            Yea Zamkn, six officers have died,,well four died in Oakland California this week. Not by a drunk driver, but a gang banger thug on parole. Wake up people..these are the people that will DELIBERATELY hurt us. A drunk coming home from a bar can do some harm, not half as much as these gang banger thugs which Oakland seen the tragic results. Lets get off the highways and streets and stop waiting in front of the bars, get a list of parolee warrants, probation warrants or felony warrants and lets go out and do some real police work in honor of these fallen officers and maybe save another officers life. I already arrested six of these parasites this week. Lets all pitch in .
            This is lame "logic." THESE people that mame and kill are WORSE than THESE people who also mame and kill.

Also, since THESE people who mame and kill mostly kill others of their own kind; well, they are STILL WORSE than THESE people who will kill just about anybody. ANd BTW, BOTH groups kill police officers.
            Space for rent .........

Comment

Judgement call, me personally, in a scenario exactly like this with no accident involved, I'm gonna give him a ride home. I know many will disagree with me but its what I would do
              "I would rather live one day as a Lion, than a thousand years as a Sheep."

Comment

Originally posted by DCTrooper View Post
                Negative, send on way with either taxi or DD.
                Wish more KHP guys thought the way you do,,lol
                "I would rather live one day as a Lion, than a thousand years as a Sheep."

Comment

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
                  Perhaps. I didn't really have a conclusion, just something to think about.

Something else to think about: For those who've decided they'd hook our hypothetical cop for DUI, does it matter if he's on your department? Your district? Would you hook your beat partner?
                  Would you hook your beat partner's wife?
                  Would you hook your captain's daughter?
                  No, I would not hook him. I would call a supervisor and let someone else work it. I will not let my "emotion" keep me from enabling a person to drive drunk again without adressing it in some way. BECAUSE: I would "feel" worse if he drove drunk again and killed himself w/o fully addressing it - as much as I could. BECAUSE: my wife and children ride these same roads, and I would feel the ultimate shame if I knowingly allowed them to be put in harms way without fully addressing as much as I possibly could.

Would I hook his wife. YES, without hesitation. See above. I would hold her hand through the whole process, but I would still do it.

The captain's daughter? Heck, I would ENJOY that one.
                  Space for rent .........

Comment

Originally posted by SDjohn View Post
                    If its a simple DUI, the cop gets brushed off and I find him/her a ride home. The only circumstance I would make the arrest if the DUI Officer is involved in a crash and I am ordered by a supervisor.

I guess I'm "old school" for a young cop. I trust my brothers/sisters in blue with my life so because of that, I believe in professional courtesy. Nothing tells me I have to arrest for a DUI. I've given breaks to civilians in the past so I don't have a problem justifying letting a cop off the hook.
                    Think about that for a second. You TRUST then with YOUR life. Would you trust them with your kids life if he was driving them somewhere while he was drunk?
                    Space for rent .........

Comment

• I personally would address a DUI with an arrest OR address it in a way that would lead to an arrest if I was too close to a fellow cop (you know, call a supervisor). I am NOT totally against others giving PC; to each his own and all that.

What bothers me about a lot of these posts is:

-some of you here appear to treat DUI's as no big thing. A TON of people die each year b/c of DUIs. Heck, FELLOW FREAKING OFFICERS DIE EACH YEAR TO DUIS! You talk about "looking out for your brothers ......"

-some of you here are taking a "my area of policing is MORE important than YOUR area of policing." Yeah, mister SWAT drug fighting gangbanger fighting cop, YOU are a better cop and have a more dangerous job than this cop." Look at the stats involving officer deaths. Last time I checked, officers are killed a lot with cars as well as guns. Dead is dead, isn't it? Get off your high horse.

-etc

We all know how, if caught on film (an officer giving another a ride home who was DUI), this would all play out on TV. People would be upset. BOTH officers would lose their jobs.

To me, the DUI officer - regardless of if you hook him or not - is the person to be mad at. NOT the officer who comes into contact with him. THAT POS (yes, DUI POS - at least at THAT moment) is the one who we should be mad at. PERIOD!
                      Space for rent .........

Comment

• Originally posted by scratched13 View Post
                        Think about that for a second. You TRUST then with YOUR life. Would you trust them with your kids life if he was driving them somewhere while he was drunk?
                        No one is suggesting letting him/her drive away…

NO ONE HAS SUJESTED WHAT YOU ARE SAYING…

WTF can’t you read or do you have other issues.

Then you’re so much of a p*ssy you dump this on your supervisor, you can’t man up and make this call on your own!
                        Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Comment

• Wow... 5 pages worth of feedback, very interesting. Thanks for the replys all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magic Matt View Post
                            No one is suggesting letting him/her drive away…

NO ONE HAS SUJESTED WHAT YOU ARE SAYING…

WTF can’t you read or do you have other issues.

Then you’re so much of a p*ssy you dump this on your supervisor, you can’t man up and make this call on your own!
                            Show me a DUI driver that has only driven drunk one time and I will call you a liar. The point was that if you trust this guy with your life on the street, fine. But does that mean that you would trust him to drive your kids while he was DUI? Well, if you enable him to further drive DUI (as in no real cosequences), then you might as well just let him do it. B/c he WILL drive DUI again, and eventually he COULD end up driving by your kids or my kids or some kids ......

It is not a matter of being a "P*ssy." It is a matter of being unbiased. Heck, by all the admissions here, a lot of people are showing that they WOULD NOT be unbiased. You want to cut me the same slack???????
                            Space for rent .........

Comment

• I would love to cut you some slack…

As to people driving drunk only multiple time; once in college I drove home sh*t faced, made it fine, but in twenty years I have never driven a vehicle again after drinking, hell I don’t even drink since I got married (yes I’m p’ whipped).
                              Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Comment

• Check out the officers killed and injured in 2007..Most of them were from gunfire. Oakland last week..Pittsburgh this week..its time to wake up. I know here in AZ, Glendale and Phoenix lost several officers to gun fire from traffic stops last year and the year before. One of the perps was an illegal aliens.The gang banging thugs are killing us not the average joe driving home from the sports bar after having two or three beers. I guess its the small town or traffic cop mentality on here. I think alot of these guys have never pulled over a real criminal and wouldnt know what to look for if they did. They are just on a power trip and into hammering cops instead of bad guys because they dont know what to look for. Well these people are mobile and traveling in vehicles are all over the place, even in your nice suburban little town. Hint if the guy has spider webs tattoos on his head or tear drop tattoos on his eye, you might want to pull him out of the car and have a conversation.
                                Last edited by Fugitive Hunter; 04-05-2009, 12:46 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6108 users online. 343 members and 5765 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X