300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you write me?

With all the controversy of cops writing cops, I'm wondering what the consensus of this scenario would be.

I am a cop going 15 mph above the speed limit (highway), not weaving or taligating, just speeding. I am respectful and polite and identify myself as a cop. Would you write me?

If not, how fast would I have to go where being a cop and polite doesn't matter and a ticket would be written.
    I would not write you
    89.43%
    Not for 15 over but for 20
    2.64%
    Not for 20 but for 25
    4.41%
    Speeding is speeding, I don't care who you are
    3.52%
    Last edited by GoldBadge; 03-09-2009, 11:08 AM.
    I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Absolutely not! This is why: The next time that you pass by me I might need help. I don't want you to say, "There's that ******* that wrote me. He deserves it!"

Thanks and be careful.
    ROLL TIDE!!!

Comment

Nope. Nope. Nope.
      Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
      Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Comment

The key to that scenario is respectful and polite. I've never written another cop but been tempted a time or two due to attitude.

Comment

My opinion...

I wouldn't write you for 15 over. I don't know how fast your car can go but it would have to be pretty fast...

ABC144, I definitely see your point, but if you did write me and I saw you on the side of the road and recognized you I still wouldn't hesitate to stop and render whatever help possible. I would hope others would do the same despite the fact certain officers write fellow LEO's.
          I and the public know
          What all schoolchildren learn,
          Those to whom evil is done
          Do evil in return.

-W. H. Auden, "September 1, 1939"

Comment

I had another officer tell me a great story the othe rn ight about his Sgt. The Sarge was driving down in Cali and gets stopped by CHP for about 10 over. The sarge is polite and identifies himself (because he's armed) and the CHP says, "Makes no difference, you're no different than any other person when you're driving on my highway."

The sarge replied, "With all due respect, I am different. If you were on the side of the road getting your *** kicked, I'd stop - all he other people might call 911 for you."

Apparently at that point the CHP saw the light and cut him, loose.
            "We're not in this business for the money. We're not in it for the excitement, and moments like this. Duty, honor, country, service, truth, and justice are good. But you can do that from behind a desk. In the end, you carry a gun and shield out into the field for the sole purpose of confronting the bad guys. The enemy. There is no other reason to be on the front lines." ~Nelson Demille

If your story involves Peanut Butter and an animal - give up now!
            sigpic

Comment

ONLY 15 OVER...????? Come to Texas. You get run over by school busses at 15 over....I am a detective and do not write cites but i have been pulled over several time going to calls ( i am in an unmarked pickup) but never been cited. I also am very respectful and if i do happen to get a cite i will accept it without any questions because i am over the speed limit.
              "You can't handcuff me, I'm a college graduate!"
              (Smurfette)

Comment

Originally posted by ARSONCOP View Post
                ONLY 15 OVER...????? Come to Texas. You get run over by school busses at 15 over.
                Dude, you haven't been reading some of the responses in other threads!
                I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Certainly not..... unless you became a politician!

Comment

having said that, alot of boys and girls in my force would, because its an 'integrity issue' , for which you could be sacked. They've even done tests on officers....

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit Brown View Post
                      having said that, alot of boys and girls in my force would, because its an 'integrity issue' , for which you could be sacked. They've even done tests on officers....
                      What ever happened to discretion?

Comment

Only a complete ****** would write a brother officer. I would want nothing to do with him. We don't write every single person we pull over, cop or not, and have every right to not write fellow officers.
                        Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Unless you're flipped upside down in a ditch, drunk, with ten witnesses, I don't write cops for minor traffic.
                          “Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

just becuase ur an officer does not give u the right to violate the law.. aka speed .. yeah i would write at 10 over just like every buddy else.. well unless it was am officer from my own department or local one I knew personally they would just get an ear beating.

This must be a regional thing to not write other cops, here majority of officers have same way of doing it I have. Be the same if u let ur cozen or girlfriend/wife away with violating the law.. and not writing her. Like an above said its an 'integrity issue
                            "What the problem is?"

Comment

Only if you had an Obama bumper sticker lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4251 users online. 242 members and 4009 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X