300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you still proud to be a Cop?

Even after all my years as a Cop, I am still proud to be a Cop. I have had a few different roles in Law Enforcement, but no matter what I'm doing, I'm still honored to put on my gun, badge, and handcuffs. Does anyone feel the same way anymore? Or are you feeling that it's just a job? It seems like comraderie is a thing of the past in my agency, and many others that I've seen.
    "Aerodynamics are for those that can't build engines" Enzo Ferrari

detbyrd the answer is simple, yes I am. The commraderie is not what it used to be, as is alot of things, but I'm extremely proud. Well over half my life I've been wear ing this uniform, in a few months I'll start my 30th year here, and I'm as proud today as I was on the Sunday night shift that was my first day.
    Last edited by kannahspapa; 02-20-2009, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Very, very proud to serve my country and protect the public. For me, LE doesn't ever feel like work, which is the key to happiness in a career.

My office has good camaraderie (sp??), we don't socialize a lot outside of work but there is very little personality conflict in my office and especially my group.
      Before science, it was believed that autumn was caused by Chuck Norris simultaneously roundhouse kicking every tree on the planet.

Comment

Wouldn't change a thing. Everytime I throw on the uniform I am excited to go to work and see what the day holds. For me it is even more fun being a veteran vs a rookie. I don't have to worry about having the knowledge to handle a call.
        Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

I'm not as excited as I once was, and definitely far more cynical, but still proud. The day I'm not proud of being a cop, I'll quit or retire.
          "We're not in this business for the money. We're not in it for the excitement, and moments like this. Duty, honor, country, service, truth, and justice are good. But you can do that from behind a desk. In the end, you carry a gun and shield out into the field for the sole purpose of confronting the bad guys. The enemy. There is no other reason to be on the front lines." ~Nelson Demille

If your story involves Peanut Butter and an animal - give up now!
          sigpic

Comment

I'm as proud today to be a police officer as I was the day that I graduated from the police academy.

Comment

I still love my job, it's been a blast for the most part (lost a few friends along the way, not fun).
              Commraderie here in my area is great. People retire or transfer out and noobies come in or transfers show up, new friends, new episodes, each day different.

I suppose that's why it's so hard for me to pull the plug now ... probably why I didn't two years ago truth be known. Gonna do it though, don't want to wait too late.
              "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

Yes, very much so.
                The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

I'm proud to put on my uniform everyday and go to the best job in the world. Well...besides pro golfer but...yes sir!
                  -Stay safe

Comment

When I retire, my "fun" job is to be a .............cop.
                    Airborne Cops are closer to God.
                    Arms and legs are just extensions of flight controls.

THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

Comment

Yup, just like day 1.
                      LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP BEER!

Comment

Absolutely. The departmental politics gets on your nerves now and again, but the bosses come and go, and the troops remain, doing what needs to be done with or without their help.
                        "The wicked flee when no man pursueth
                        but the righteous are bold as a lion"

Proverbs 28:1, inscription beneath NLEOM lion.sigpic

Comment

Like metioned earlier, I can't believe I get paid somedays for this job. Many times I will find myself thinking of how proud I am of what accomplishments I have achieved, how many lives I have touched and the differences I have hopefully made for people. There is not a day that goes which I am not grateful, thankful and proud to be able to do what I do. I love this job!!!!!!

Comment

Very, very proud! I would not trade the job for any other line of work, and I can honestly say that there is nothing else I would rather do.
                            Last edited by BD0883; 02-22-2009, 11:49 PM.
                            "It's a long way from the Supreme Court to the streets." -F.Y.
                            "Saw drunk, arrested same." -Buck

Comment

Only two other guys are happier in their line of work...

Ron Jeremy and Richard "Mac" Machowicz.

Then, there's me!
                              "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4030 users online. 282 members and 3748 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X