300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question to LEO's....

Taking advice and no longer talking about this matter online. Thanks!
    Last edited by D.o.D cop; 01-11-2009, 06:01 PM. Reason: As stated above!
    You have the right to remain silent, but apparently you lack the skill to exercise that right.

I'd probably try to find out what the statute of limitations are for a L.O.C. or any other administrative punishment. If it is just something he wants to put in your record then that's one thing, but if there is a punishment involved then that is something else. Talk with your Sgt and refuse to sign anything without either a lawyer or union rep.
    I am a Native American of non-Indian decent.

Cleaning the pool, one gene at a time.

I'm on a 30 day diet. So far I've lost 15 days!

Comment

Well if it were my department, first I'd put 2 hours on my time sheet for doing work on my day off, then I'd walk up with my Sgt and Lt (we don't have captains) up to the Chiefs office. Then the Lt (Captain) can explain why he's writing me up for legally drinking on my time off. BUT! Now, although it's a way to get the Lt to dislike you (were my Lt like that, which thank God he isn't), that's an acceptable way to handle things at my department. I think it'd be better to wait til your Sgt gets back and handle things through him.
      Last edited by StudChris; 01-11-2009, 09:48 AM.

Comment

"Sorry, I'm drunk. I'll fix it when I come back in to work."

I'm not going to be fixing a crash report off duty in the first place.

That said, you have a union? Talk to your union rep about the incident.
        I miss you, Dave.
        http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

If you have a union, get your rep involved yesterday. That way, if the Capt or anyone else wants to ask you about it, you are protected by saying you've involved the union rep and can't talk without him/her present or whatever he/she recommends (lawyer, etc).

And document document document.

Annnnnd, stop talking about it online. Just in case.

Comment

Reporting for duty with the "odor about you" is either a two or five day hit (I don't remember which) in my agency.

When notified to come in, I would have advised them that I had been drinking and/or still had the odor from the previous night and followed their directions from there.
            Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Sounds like your boss knew you were drunk the night before and was trying to come up with a way to burn you for it. Maybe someone dropped a dime on you. Probably a "brother" cop. P*ss anyone off lately at work?

Remember this next time there's a thread on "Unions: Good Or Bad" and someone (often from the South) says that they have no use for unions....as someone from work bangs on their door at 8:00am to have them come into the station and fix an accident report that didn't even need fixing.
              Last edited by On The; 01-11-2009, 03:16 PM.

Comment

I could not imagine working for a department without a union. Way to many ways to get screwed in this line of work to not have someone to back you up.

Comment

In our department policy, you can't be in public while intoxicated, and the mere odor is presumed intoxicated. I would have answered the door, breathed HARD on the officer standing there, and said, "Sorry, drinking. Can't, per policy. See ya at the start of the shift, and have a good one."

And posting about it online is NOT really the way to go about getting advice for pending disciplinary actions....go to PMs with someone you trust.
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by Smurfette
                  Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                  Originally posted by DAL
                  You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

That's what you get for answering the door and the phone when you're off duty. That's why they have peep holes in doors and caller ID.

Comment

It's all pretty much been said, but to summarize; if you've been drinking always say "I can't come in I've been drinking", answering machines are your best friend and if you have a POA you need to come to agreement with the Dept. that sending anyone to knock on your door is forbidden except under extreme circumstances. Fixing a report is not an extreme circumstance. Also, put in for O.T. They can say all they want that corrections are on your own time, but I think if you will do a little research with the FLSA you'll they have to pay you overtime as you are not a salaried employee (wich I'm sure the Captain is).

Live and learn, but I wouldn't talk to anyone again w/out legal counsel or POA rep.
                      David Bailey Photography | Bailey Tactical

sigpic

"Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor satan shudders and says oh hell he's awake!"

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                        That's what you get for answering the door and the phone when you're off duty. That's why they have peep holes in doors and caller ID.

Bingo...we have a winner....After all that, I hope you put in for the OT...any correction could've waited until you got in.....I'll assume that you are not in a union and aske for a rep...so from now on, document ALL interactions with this supervisor and if possible, have yours there as a witness...
                        Went to Get a Cold Pop

Comment

Remember, if he puts in for OT, then he would be considered ON DUTY...therefore conmsidered drunk on duty. Maybe NOT putting in for OT would be the smarter way to go....
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by Smurfette
                          Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                          Originally posted by DAL
                          You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6718 users online. 360 members and 6358 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X