300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 on 2 off Schedule?

I am working a 4 days on 2 days schedule. I recently changed to this and I am used to the set days off, however my days off are now rotating so I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a schedule possibly on the internet that would show me what my schedule will be later in the year. I'd prefer not to do it manually on my own calander. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Originally posted by smokey231 View Post
    I am working a 4 days on 2 days schedule. I recently changed to this and I am used to the set days off, however my days off are now rotating so I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a schedule possibly on the internet that would show me what my schedule will be later in the year.
    How would anyone on the internet know what your schedule is? Are you famous?

In all seriousness, just google search "2009 monthly calendar." You will find dozens of hits. You will have to fill in your off-days. It's a pain in the butt, but it will take you about 3 minutes to do.

I assume you work 8 or 8 1/2 hour shifts. If you like the 4-2, I think you would really like the 6-3 rotating schedule. That 3rd day off is really nice.
    "I assume you all have guns and crack."

Comment

Originally posted by Badgerland View Post
      How would anyone on the internet know what your schedule is? Are you famous?

In all seriousness, just google search "2009 monthly calendar." You will find dozens of hits. You will have to fill in your off-days. It's a pain in the butt, but it will take you about 3 minutes to do.

I assume you work 8 or 8 1/2 hour shifts. If you like the 4-2, I think you would really like the 6-3 rotating schedule. That 3rd day off is really nice.
      Get back to work.

Six on-three off is a great schedule, especially when you're on thirds. It's almost like having 4 days off.

To the OP, if you use Microsoft Outlook, it has a built in calendar and you can set your schedule as a "recurring appointment." Then, as long as you have it open, it'll show you when you do and do not have off.
      sigpic

Comment

out patrol guys work a 6 on 3 off schedule...i never did. i was fortunate enough to work a district with the experimental 4 and 3...which has gone bye-bye
        Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

I hate to say that the 4x2 schedule sucks big time.You will have a weekend off i think every 6 weeks or what not.I used to work the 4X4 but now I will be working the Pitmann which is great cause its every other Fri,Sat,Sun off.
          We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

The 4-2 is great- you get an extra 17 days off a year because of this rotation. I like having weekdays off when most stiffs are working- less crowds on the lake, golf course, etc.

I have squad (calendar) book with each squad date off date, fits perfectly in my side leg pocket. The police supply store in my area sells out of them fast at $5 a book. You could make a few bucks if you had these made up for your area.
            Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

I work a 7 on off 2..then 3 on off 2....based on an 80 hour pay period working 8 hours a day.

We go by two week pay periods which start on thursday and end on the wed two weeks later...you end up with 2 weekends off a month but the 7 day long week sucks. see below on a thursday/fri sat/sun rotation:

Week 1 Thurs Fri Sat Sun Mon Tues Wed 40 hrs
              off off w w w w w

Week 2 Thurs Fri Sat Sun Mon Tues Wed 40 hrs
              w w off off w w w

It then repeats it self so the following thurs fri would be off giving a 3 day work week then back to 7 straight..the above happens twice a month giving you two weekends off a month..the nice thing is you can plan ahead...no rotation BS or counting days...look at the calander and count the weekends on off on off..ect

*****Before i posted this the "off " and "w" lined up with the days...when i posted it it didnt. week 1 is thurs fri off week 2 is sat sun off*******************
              Last edited by 10-97UPD; 12-20-2008, 05:42 PM.
              And the road becomes my bride.

Comment

I work a 4 on 3 off, 38 hour work week, it's great. Every 8 weeks it switches from MTWT, to TFSS. Every other thur we have a training day which means some days we do nothing, whoops... " I mean catch up on paperwork." It's nice working only 16 days a month.

Comment

We work 10 hour days X 4 days - with 3 days off. I LOVE the third day off!

Comment

It's very easy to set this up on your calendar. You can do it on your cell phone or any email program that has a calendar like outlook. All you need to do is create a new appointment. Name is off day 1. You need to make it reoccur every 6 days. This will show your first first day off. You will do the same thing for off day 2.

1) Open your calendar.
                    2) Select your first off day for the week, if you are off today use today's date.
                    3) Create a new appointment for today.
                    4) Set it to reoccur every 6 days.
                    5) If you are off tomorrow follow the same procedure for tomorrow.

I have this set up in my wife's phone, my phone and my mom's phone. Everyone knows my days off now. It works out really good.

Comment

We work a 4-3 work week with ten hour days. Days off are Fri, Sat & Sunday or Mon, Tues & Wen. Every Thursday is a training day and you rotate days off. Every other month I have weekends off.

Comment

We work 4 on 3 off with 10 hour days. Your days off are fixed for 12 weeks. Each 12 weeks is a shift change. Days off are picked by seniority. The 10 hour shift helped alot with manpower. We work days from 7a-5p, eves from 5p-3a, and mids from 9p-7a. The overlap from 9p-3a is very helpful as this is our busy time. Three days off each week rocks, you take one vacation day and it is like a mini vacation.

Comment

my last department had a nice schedule.

Work: Tues Wed
                          Off: Thurs
                          Work: Friday, Sat, Sun, Mon
                          Off: Tues, Wed
                          Work: Thurs
                          Off: Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon

or, in other words...

2 on, 1 off, 4 on, 2 off, 1 on, 4 off.

Every other week we only have to work Thursday. Nice having a 4 day weekend every other weekend.

Comment

I work a 6 on 4 off rotation. 6 days, off 4, 6 evenings, off 4, 6 nights, off 4. And it repeats. We get the full year schedual for the next year in November, so you can plan way ahead. WE also have a 4-3, and a 5-2. I have worked them all and I like the 6-4 the best.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4967 users online. 327 members and 4640 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X