Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flatbadge
    replied
    Christmas is a GREAT day to arrest felony warrants. Everybody is home I always hooked somebody up on Xmas if I had to work.

Leave a comment:

• t150vsuptpr
    replied
    Am off today, work the 23-29th, but I did just get back from taking one of the cars for some minor service and drove about 6 miles each way on the interstate. If today is any indication, Santa's gonna be good to T150V this week.

Normally, in that 6 mile stretch, might have one hot shoe blow by me in my POV, today it was a train. T150V was running the limit with a couple others, 3/4 were "hauling serious butt". Both north and south, with NJ, NY, Pa. well represented SB, and Ga and Fla and a couple Va. cars NB , all notable standouts, easily 90+. Plenty others in '80s.

Christmas is normally a good time as so many figure on leniency. Yes sir, gonna catch up this week, maybe keep a magistrate busy, sample some good food at the jail, then kick back from the 30th - 8th.

Merry Christmas to all!

Last edited by t150vsuptpr; 12-22-2008, 01:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JDCOP
    replied
    I wrote 3 misdemeanor citations on Thanksgiving and 2 traffic tickets. Christmas will probably be around the same. I have no problem locking someone up or issuing a citation in lieu of arrest on a holiday.

Leave a comment:

• DeputySC
    replied
    If they want to act stupid on christmas or any other holiday they HAVE to take the ride to jail.

Leave a comment:

• PhilipCal
    replied
    Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
    We had two turns themselves in yesterday on outstanding orders. One guy we'd been trying to find for about a month. I asked why he came in on his own since we normally have to chase him...LOL...he said, "I know you m*ther f*ckers was going to come get me Christmas morning. My mama'd kill me."

Yep. Fine by me!
    Geez Smurf, nice to know we're still intimidating them a little!!

Leave a comment:

• jswwjw
    Guest replied
    Nightshift VA, you actually believe some of them can "think"....wow, way outside the box dude.

Leave a comment:

• PhilipCal
    replied
    As much as many of us would like to cut someone some slack at Christmas, many, many, people simply won't let us do that. When that happens, they see Santa Claus in the Slammer.

Leave a comment:

• mdrdep
    replied
    The other thing that keeps me from being overly proactive is all the food and goodies that get dropped off at the station. I swear I gain 5 pounds at least in a single night. This year one of our local restraunts is catering Christmas Eve for us.

We had Thanksgiving catered by a local 4 star hotel/resort. It was very good but they forgot the pumpkin pie. If this guy forgets the pie too, I'm going to have to slip back down and pay DOACop a visit, their chief put on quite the spread for them for Thanksgiving. I had to get my pumpkin pie there.

Leave a comment:

• Garbage Man
    replied
    X-mas in patrol has one purpose, find all the poop heads with warrants who are never home, go check their parents houses, you will usually scoop em up. Also good time to do parole probation checks on your sleezy motels, tweekers are like everybody else X-mas is the time to celebrate tweekers celebrate by buying extra tweek.

Otherwise leave all the decent people alone.

If you are having a bad day and just have to write someone, just tell em your jewish, thats shuts them up every time.

Leave a comment:

• ArkansasFan24
    replied
    Well, today was my last day to work until New Years. I know it isn't technically Christmas, but in the time I had today to stop (get this) all of two vehicles I wrote both drivers tickets. Each got a speeding citation for 20 over and 23 over respectively and the latter got a no proof of insurance cite.

Ok, I only mention this because as I was writing the tickets I thought of this thread.

Leave a comment:

• t150vsuptpr
    replied
    The food at the jail is normally pretty decent, but they fix special for Christmas ... so if arrested Christmas eve, they stand a good chance of partaking of the feast.

It's a "win-win" as I see it.

Leave a comment:

• mrasgt
    replied
    Originally posted by 37delta View Post
    I'm sure I can speak for the other guys on here when I say we are not talking about major crimes and we would never even think about not doing our job on one. I think the subject got off base. My understanding of the post was that it was asking about minor offences, traffic cites, things like that. I will always do my job, no matter what dat it is. I think some of us on here are just saying, it's ok to not beat the bushes and go looking for petty stuff on Christmas. I know the big stuff happens, just last Christmas I had a domestic where a female cut a guys throat. I responde to the call and arrested the lady. But what I didn't do was watch the honey-hole stop sign that most people roll through, and I didnt go looking for broken headlights. Anyway. I wish all of you a merry Christmas, and be safe. 37Delta
    What he said!!!!

Leave a comment:

• chiefcop
    replied
    Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
    My job doesn't change just because it's Christmas. I arrest on Sundays, too.
    Well, said. Crime and criminals do not change for Christmas. I have worked many a Christmas and even thought I may not be as proacive as normal....I still followed procedure and did my job.

Be careful, do not let your guard down due to the holdiays....

Leave a comment:

• 11b101abn
    replied
    Here's my take:

If it's a misdemeanor, okay I can excerscise some discretion, maybe. If it's a felony, away they go.

Since I'm not a deputy, no warrants get served by me, unless the person is stopped, for example, and they have one. All warrants go to jail. If the judge finds out he/she issued a warrant and you had the person and failed to act, your s**t is in the wind. cant cay I would blame him, either.

Other than that, I try to be as visible as possible, and provide a visible reminder that we, (LE), are on the job.

I hang out w/ store clerks alot too, since we're both in the same boat. (Gratuitious Mountain Dew doesnt't hurt either).

Leave a comment:

• LeanG
    replied
    Manpower has ALOT to do with it. I'm not tying myself up with a minor arrest for 2 hours plus and leaving my skeleton crew partners out to clean up my zone.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2975 users online. 211 members and 2764 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X