Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only arrest I have ever made on Christmas was at a domestic. Guy beats the heck out of his wife. She went to the ER he went to jail. I really try to give folks a break. but somethings u can't let slide.

Comment

Originally posted by RudyDep View Post
      Bah Humbug...you will be getting a visit from three ghosts mister!!!
      No kidding. Man I don't know you from Adam. But you need to think about your actions. But you are probably one of those guys who thinks the more cites you make the faster you will be chief. Guess what, it doesn't work. Come on man, take a chill. I promise, I promise, you can not jack anybody up on Christmas and the world will keep spinning.

Comment

If I have to work on any holiday, then to me that is not the holiday, as far as work goes. I arrest and or cite as usual. Then when I get my holiday, as ours are given as a day off when convenient in that pay period, I am kind and don't arrest or cite. That my just be because I am not at work, but it works out right in my mind. But I am wierd like that.

Comment

Originally posted by jsc0288 View Post
          I've arrested on Thanksgiving and X-Mas because of a Domestic, no choice. If it's not major then I'll be kind. If you have a warrant to serve that's the best time to go get them. Most likely they are home for the holidays....
          +1
          Great time to get dead beat parents for child support warrants.

Comment

I don't go beating the bushes on Christmas looking for stuff. If something presents its self and the person deserves to go to jail they do. If not then they get the benefit of discretion.

Comment

Minor traffic cites or non-jailable offenses are one thing, but nobody gets a pass on a criminal offense just because it's Christmas.

Comment

Oh for crying out loud...will you young warriors take a break...it's Christmas.
                The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

In my command last year, a perp shot a bouncer with a .45 outside of a nightclub on Christmas Eve because he was denied entry to the club (after 3am, can't get in). Lucky thing 2 good cops that I work with were in a sector car doing a directed patrol around the nightclub & heard the gunfire up a block. The cops seen the bouncer shot on the ground and witnesses pointing to the man running down the street, firearm in hand. A foot pursuit ensued, perp tosses the jammy under some parked cars, perp gets caught another block up. The .45 was found under a parked car in slide lock, indicating he let all 8 rounds fly, 6 hitting the bouncer & 2 going stray. Bouncer survives thanks to his bulletproof vest. Perp gets serious time on a slew of charges including attempted murder, CPW-Loaded Firearm, reckless endangerment, etc. Both cops awarded with EPD medals & inducted into the 2008 NYPD Honor Legion. That was a proud day for my command.

I would give discretion to minor stuff, but this story just goes to show that some perps don't take the holidays off. Expect the worst on holidays like you would on any other day. Stay safe out there.
                  Last edited by BklynsFinest347; 12-18-2008, 12:05 PM.
                  "...There are the wolves, and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy.
                  Then there are sheepdogs, and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."
                  LtCol. Dave Grossman (Ret. US Army Ranger)

----------------------------------------
                  RIP PO Brandon Rocke (NBBS/67 PCT/70 PCT) | EOT 04/04/2009
                  "...Till We Meet Again"

Comment

If I am Jewish do I not arrest for 8 days????????? Arrest them all!!! let God decide. No actually I am working Christmas day and if they need to go, they go. Think of all the new 4 wheelers and go carts that will be out there with a bunch o' drunks driving them. Possibilities, possibilities.

Comment

Christmas both eve and day are busy times on patrol. I have worked far too many of them leaving my family without me to ride around serving the ungrateful public in the nastiest ghetto's and now nastiest back woods trailer parks. Again this year I work Christmas day. So I will afford nobody any breaks any more or any less than I normally do. People should realize what the outcome will be before they pick up their phones and dial 911.
                      "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by CPD7297 View Post
                        Oh for crying out loud...will you young warriors take a break...it's Christmas.

If you were the victim would you understand?
                        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
                          If you were the victim would you understand?
                          Actually, from reading some of the responses, I don't understand this younger generation of cops. Maybe today's academies are teaching, lock 'em all up. Nonetheless, you guys be careful and go home to your family and celebrate the holiday.
                          The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

Originally posted by CPD7297 View Post
                            Actually, from reading some of the responses, I don't understand this younger generation of cops. Maybe today's academies are teaching, lock 'em all up. Nonetheless, you guys be careful and go home to your family and celebrate the holiday.

I've been on for about 7 years and I think it's more the department then the academy. We have a few arrest everyone cops, but most use their discrestion.

Comment

I don't feel that the holiday is a good enough reason to give someone a break. They still did something wrong. They did it today, they did it last week, they did it during the summer. What if you let them go, it amplified, and then some lawyer said that the holiday season affected your judgment, clouds your decision making abilities, and you don't have enough character to resist a non job related event's influence on your job.

Christmas didn't put them in the season enough to not commit the act in the first place.

We went after this one nasty little felon with a homicide warrant on him at his grandmother's funeral. He was fast and started flipping over six foot fences. Pretty ugly scene that one, but productive.
                              Last edited by Hound; 12-18-2008, 05:57 PM.

Comment

If you work nights or eve's your gonna find Christmas Eve is as busy as a good Fri or Sat night.
                                I don't have a problem locking someone up on Christmas. If I have to be there, away from my family, why shouldn't they? Not my fault they're on the naughty list. As far as a Good Friday, I always take Good Friday off so it's not an issue.....And I even play the Christmas Carol station on the way to the OTHER station to make it more melancholy so they're extra nice next year.
                                Last edited by On The; 12-18-2008, 06:11 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2223 users online. 143 members and 2080 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X