300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jswwjw View Post
    Standing outside my patrol car the other day in our rural area a 4 wheeler drove (on the paved street) past us. I yelled for him to "come back here!" which he did, asked him for his license, which he did not have...long story short, wma 19 year old, gives false names, no id, I was watching him the whole time and thought he was going to run. Back-up with me standing and talking to the guy. I decide enough is enough and cuff him (speed cuff works great) lean him backwards to pat him down and he is trying to avoid my pat down (thinking dope). I say to him "where's the dope" and his answer is; "no dope, I have a 9mm stuffed down my pants". Sure enough, loaded 9mm down his pants. Long story short, meth-head going to buy meth decides he is going to get ripped off; hense the 9mm. Although I never really took my attention away from him is was one of those times where I was ****ed off more with myself than him. Reality check once again....and they say church on Sunday doesn't help.
    I'm a member here of view words only this, stay safe & never complacent on the job!
    Take care and stay safe!
    Ralph8119
    A Little Something Else For Those 60's & 70's Music Lovers On Line!
    sigpic
    http://www.myfreenetradio.com/listen70s.asx

A Cool Website On History In Photos Of The New York City Police Department!
    http://www.policeny.com/home.html

Policelink!
    http://policelink.monster.com/member/Ralph8119

Inside The New York City Police Academy!
    http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/pr/videos.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by tzbv2p View Post
      I'll assume its the same as my departments use of 10-15....prisoner in custody
      Our prisoner in custody is 10-95, hence...702 10-8, 10-95/1, 10-76 CJ.

Comment

10-95 and codes

????????????????????????????????????????

Comment

Weve all done it. How about my neigboring jursidiction. I wasnt there but heard several officers searching some turdlings. 15 year old female was there, cops had there back to her working the guys. When all was said and done she asked one" do you need this", pulls a loaded handgun from her pants. They were a bit freaked since she would have had them if she wanted. I know a lot of our guys are not willing to search females because of complaints, criminals know this.

Comment

Originally posted by df2338 View Post
            Weve all done it. How about my neigboring jursidiction. I wasnt there but heard several officers searching some turdlings. 15 year old female was there, cops had there back to her working the guys. When all was said and done she asked one" do you need this", pulls a loaded handgun from her pants. They were a bit freaked since she would have had them if she wanted. I know a lot of our guys are not willing to search females because of complaints, criminals know this.
            Wow, thats an eye opener. That was done once with me. A gun run came over with a good description. Had one victim with a gunshot wound. We were canvassing the area and I look down a side street and there he is! We go screaming down the street and jump out and I say come here, he does that double look back over his shoulder and I know he's running so I just start running and he goes to take off but I had enough momentum towards him and tackled him and cuffed him. I searched him and no gun. HMMMMMM I'm thinking to myself oh crap, wrong guy. When we spotted him and was driving at him he was with a female and now we're not sure where she is so we put over her description. Other officers stop her 2 blocks away, has a Tech-9 in her purse......... These guys almost always give their crack, guns, weed, coke to the female. They hide it in places where we can't check. When ever we suspect that we just hook them up and bring them back to the station. Usually its pretty easy to articulate Disorderly Conduct so if all else fails we'll charge them with that and release them at the station with a summons and date to appear at court. A female officer will strip search them and many many times drugs are up in their "NO NO" spot

Comment

Originally posted by kannahspapa View Post
              Our prisoner in custody is 10-95, hence...702 10-8, 10-95/1, 10-76 CJ.
              I understood ALL of that !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
                Excellent selfless post. These should be shared wheneve rthey happen for all the obvious reasons.

Matter of fact, I started a thread some time ago where we all discussed such goofs. Very enlightening and good training.

The fact that you shared your own shortcoming, means it isn't one. You may very well save a life in this way without ever knowing it.

Get some.
                Thanks 1042 Trooper. Yeah, I'm always more than willing to share my slip-ups...keep us on our toes. This was one of those complacent mistakes that I think we all make once in a while. My intentions were good by not disturbing the 9-year old...but it could have turned ugly. The fact that the dirtbag parolee was 10-feet behind us with our backs to him shook me up. Should have cleared the closet right off the bat. Thank God he was compliant and wasn't armed. We were two dead Probation Officers if the opposite was true. Needless to say we contacted his Parole Agent and booked him on the Parole Hold. I made it quite clear to him that he almost ate a 180grn. JHP...but the reality was that my heart was racing and was thanking God that he didn't decide to not go back to prison. Lesson learned...never assume anything. I gave our felony probationer an earful for allowing a parolee at large to hide in her little boy's closet as well. What a dirtbag!!!

Comment

I've got a picture on a wall of shame at the local jail.
                  I arrested a guy for local traffic warrants one night, he was a cool guy and didn't resist or even talk trash. By the way NCIC was down.
                  I searched him prior to sitting him down in the car. We bs'd the whole way to the jail.
                  We got to the jail and I asked him the standard question "Do you have anything illegal that will cause you to have a felony on your recod if you enter this jail with it?" Nope.
                  Get into the jail, the jailors take him to the strip out tank and i am finishing paperwork. All of a sudden I hear from that tank "Get on the ground! Get on the ground!" By the time I get there the jailors have him a tazer point and he is half naked on the ground. One of the jailors looked at me and just said thanks, then showed me a boot knife that would have made Jim Bowie proud.
                  Long story short, a picture of my knife got taken and hung up with the words HAVE YOU SEARCHED YOUR PRISONER? at the front door.
                  Oh yeah...NCIC came back up about an hour later and the guy had an outstanding Manslaughter warrant and an Escape warrant out of Oklahoma.
                  Cry Havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!

Comment

Originally posted by NYPO View Post
                    Usually its pretty easy to articulate Disorderly Conduct so if all else fails we'll charge them with that and release them at the station with a summons and date to appear at court. A female officer will strip search them and many many times drugs are up in their "NO NO" spot
                    Must be nice to be able to do body cavity searches for disorderly conduct charges. Here's the MO State Statute we have to use.

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/c500-599/5440000193.htm

2. No person arrested or detained for a traffic offense or an offense which does not constitute a felony may be subject to a strip search or a body cavity search by any law enforcement officer or employee unless there is probable cause to believe that such person is concealing a weapon, evidence of the commission of a crime or contraband.

4. A body cavity search of any person detained or arrested for a traffic offense or an offense which does not constitute a felony may only be conducted pursuant to a duly executed search warrant, under sanitary conditions and by a physician, registered nurse or practical nurse, licensed to practice in this state.

Comment

I made a similar mistake while I was still in training when I first got hired serveing a warrant. Of course the female who answered the door lies and says her husband isnt home. We searched the house, one of the rooms I searched was a young childs bedroom. I had woken him up and he was sitting straight up in bed with a look or terror on his face. I searched the room but didnt look under the bed. Well, the deputy I was with searched behind me after I cleared the room and found the guy under the bed.

Comment

Originally posted by BPD_126 View Post
                        Must be nice to be able to do body cavity searches for disorderly conduct charges. Here's the MO State Statute we have to use.

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/c500-599/5440000193.htm

2. No person arrested or detained for a traffic offense or an offense which does not constitute a felony may be subject to a strip search or a body cavity search by any law enforcement officer or employee unless there is probable cause to believe that such person is concealing a weapon, evidence of the commission of a crime or contraband.

4. A body cavity search of any person detained or arrested for a traffic offense or an offense which does not constitute a felony may only be conducted pursuant to a duly executed search warrant, under sanitary conditions and by a physician, registered nurse or practical nurse, licensed to practice in this state.
                        Its never happened to me, and I'm sure if that did happen it would open the department up to litigation. Usually its the Sgt that tells us to do it, and I note the Sgt in my paperwork everytime in case it ever comes to it and we always do it with atleast 2 officers present. I've only done 2, and each time the male had crack underneath his brothers..... Cavity searches are not allowed

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11289 users online. 433 members and 10856 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X