Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Santa brought pursuits instead....

Man, what a helluva weekend. I had a vehicle pursuit Friday to start off the weekend shift. Then Saturday I had a pursuit at the very end of shift. Came back to work Sunday and had another pursuit, and while parked and completing my affidavit and lineup from that one, I see a known loanout vehicle in my area, figuring there is dope (I love going after it) I couldn't resist even though I tried talking myself out of it. I followed it up to a red light. Started looking for a violation, it had a paper tag in the window and hit my spot light on the temp tag in the back window to see if the date or anything looked bogus, at this point I see the driver moving around and looking in his side mirrors. He makes the left turn and proceed. When he gets to his next left he forgets to signal but turns his blinker on when he's almost done with the turn, then he heads straight but leaves his blinker on. I know at that point he's about to run. I'm thinking no freakin way, tell me this dude isn't going to run. Then I see the dust start to kick up from his vehicle and that tells me were off to the races, now I'm in yet another damn pursuit. At this point it's like 02:00 in the morning. I get this dude to jail, and go and park.

I tell my zone partner I'm not doing NOTHING more tonight, playtime is over. I'm hiding out, playing on the internet when my radio keys up from dispatch. Neighboring town is coming in on the interstate in my sector in pursuit of a vehicle

Now I'm not even looking for it and it's coming to me, WTF So my zone partner and I (who had been driver door to driver door) headout to intercept on the interstate, we sit in the median and here they come. With us three a ways down the interstate we are able to box him in using the concrete wall that lined the interstate, take him down and it's like, dude I'm going hide out inside the PD and ride out this last hour claiming paperwork
    I'v had a weekend with one less pursuit about 10mo ago, but this is ridiculous. It's an adrenaline overload, I got off this morning at 06:00 and I maybe woke up twice today to take a leak and went back to bed.
    Last edited by creolecop; 12-09-2008, 02:40 PM. Reason: Don't want DCcop to glue his eyelids shut :-)
    Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

merry christmas
    Want to start a website? I run Host Lonestar.
    Texas Discussion blog about texas...forum as well

Comment

We were two for two on deeps this weekend. Business has picked up.

Comment

Busy season is kicking into gear. Gotta love it! Not crazy about the paperwork, though.

Comment

Did you feel like this right after each one?

Comment

I had two crack dealers run from me Saturday... but both were at about 65+ through the neighborhood so the lights went right off and I wasn't even going to try to keep up. Sounds like a nice weekend though.

Comment

My 3 year old ran from me. She didn't want to take a shower and go to bed. That chase didn't last too long, though.

Be careful out there!!!!!!!!

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

Originally posted by creolecop View Post
                Man, what a helluva weekend. I had a vehicle pursuit Friday to start off the weekend shift. Then Saturday I had a pursuit at the very end of shift. Came back to work Sunday and had another pursuit, and while parked and completing my affidavit and lineup from that one, I see a known loanout vehicle in my area, figuring there is dope (I love going after it) I couldn't resist even though I tried talking myself out of it, I followed it up to a red light.

Looking for a violation it had a paper tag in the window and hit my spot light on the temp tag in the back window to see if the date or anything looked bogus, at this point I see the driver moving around and looking in his side mirrors. He makes the left turn and proceed. When he gets to his next left he forgets to signal but turns his blinker on when he's almost done with the turn, then he heads straight but leaves his blinker on, I know at that point he's about to run.

I'm thinking no freakin way, tell me this dude isn't going to run. Then I see the dust start to kick up from his vehicle and that tells me were off to the races, now I'm in yet another damn pursuit. At this point it's like 02:00 in the morning. I get this dude to jail, and go and park. I tell my zone partner I'm not doing NOTHING more tonight, playtime is over. I'm hiding out, playing on the internet when my radio keys up from dispatch.

Neighboring town is coming in on the interstate in my sector in pursuit of a vehicle
                Now I'm not even looking for it and it's coming to me, WTF So my zone partner and I (who had been driver door to driver door) headout to intercept on the interstate, we sit in the median and here they come.

With us three a ways down the interstate we are able to box him in using the concrete wall that lined the interstate, take him down and it's like, dude I'm going hide out inside the PD and ride out this last hour claiming paperwork
                I'v had a weekend with one less pursuit about 10mo ago, but this is ridiculous. It's an adrenaline overload, I got off this morning at 06:00 and I maybe woke up twice today to take a leak and went back to bed.
                Creole? I love reading your posts man but PARAGRAPHS ARE YOU FRIEND! I know what Im getting you for xmas. Dont be scuurd.....

Comment

Originally posted by CityCopDC View Post
                  Creole? I love reading your posts man but PARAGRAPHS ARE YOU FRIEND! I know what Im getting you for xmas. Dont be scuurd.....
                  You know I'm usually very cautious of that. When I prepare my affidavits after arrest I make sure and have everything spaced and paragraphed out. It bugs me to read other peoples reports when they don't break anything up. It looks like one long ramble.

I guess I relax a bit when posting for fun on here, but I'll keep that in mind. I know that can be annoying. Was this better?
                  Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Comment

Originally posted by creolecop View Post
                    I guess I relax a bit when posting for fun on here, but I'll keep that in mind. I know that can be annoying. Was this better?
                    Very. Im glad I read this, I was just about to Krazy Glue my eyelids shut. Some xmas eh?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3360 users online. 166 members and 3194 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X