300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodge Charger Question

A buddy of mine, who works for the same Agency I do, has a unmarked Dodge Charger. The vehicle is equipped with a red and blue visor light and rear strobes only. He is being told that installing strobes in the headlights will void the warranty, vehicle warranty expired already, and causes damage to the headlight . This being specific to the Charger as other vehicles in the Agency have strobes. Not only have I never heard of this before, but I have seen plenty of Chargers with strobes in the headlights. Wondering if anyone could lend some insight.
    I believe forgiveness is Gods function; my job is to simply arrange the meeting.

our don't either, think it was something to do with LED bulbs also, or something.

Comment

You can install strobes into the headlight shroud, separate from the head light themselves... dont see this affecting the headlight
      "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good" Romans 12:21

Comment

Originally posted by CBP1895 View Post
        A buddy of mine, who works for the same Agency I do, has a unmarked Dodge Charger. The vehicle is equipped with a red and blue visor light and rear strobes only. He is being told that installing strobes in the headlights will void the warranty, vehicle warranty expired already, and causes damage to the headlight . This being specific to the Charger as other vehicles in the Agency have strobes. Not only have I never heard of this before, but I have seen plenty of Chargers with strobes in the headlights. Wondering if anyone could lend some insight.
        Not sure about the warranty, but I have heard that Strobes will melt the headlights because there just isn't enough space in there. LED "Strobes" are the best bet probably.

Comment

I've had 'em in the last three assigned cars I've had, and haven't melted a headlight (or anything else) yet.

Not trying to be a smart***, jus' sayin'.

(Have 'em in my tail light and backup light housings as well.)

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
          "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

Why not just install wig-wags? Besides, strobes are old news. LED's are the new hotness.
            The Charger can also wig-wag the taillights if the car is ordered with that option.

Comment

It's a sealed light. If you drill into the light to place the strobe it brakes the seal letting moisture in and causes problems. That's what voids the warranty. We did it on the first group of chargers we got not knowing this. They all get condensation in them now and have have some water collect in the housing. That's what I was told by our fleet service guys.
              Last edited by Kilo2; 02-09-2009, 02:35 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4808 users online. 327 members and 4481 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X